PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

pjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pjtwist2002
Re: How To unlock and flash with Video Walk Through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecushion77 View Post
So just PM you when Im ready so I dont clutter this thread? No I would never just donate 10 cents. More like a double figure dollar amount. You guys/ladies on this site are GREAT!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

lol ok awesome and yea send me a pm giving me time to read it and get back to you so we can set up a time idk if ur on right now but if you are im free?
Old 08-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok, I am running into some problems with my Touch Pro, when I try to run the hardspl .25 or .37 or .35 the phone goes through the whole step, but it sits on 0% and I get an error on the PC. The phone stays at 0% and sits there until I reboot it.

Any ideas?
Old 08-23-2009, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

Great guide, as soon as my altell TP arrives I'll flash it with mighty rom. After I unlock and then flash, what are the followup things I need to do, do I need to reinstall the sms and mms like I read in another thread? What about those carrier specific cabs to get data working, will I need to install that? Also will I need to call that number to reactivate my phone?
Old 08-23-2009, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
Great guide, as soon as my altell TP arrives I'll flash it with mighty rom. After I unlock and then flash, what are the followup things I need to do, do I need to reinstall the sms and mms like I read in another thread? What about those carrier specific cabs to get data working, will I need to install that? Also will I need to call that number to reactivate my phone?
all you will need to do is install the mms arcsoft cab in post#5 in the mightyrom thread. that's it.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

Awesome, thanks.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jsdeguzman1029 is a n00b
Smile Re: How To unlock and flash with Video Walk Through!

Hello, as you can see, I'm a brand new member, I joined specifically for this thread. I have an HTC Touch PRO from Sprint, it's running Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and has the stock version of TouchFLO 3D. I have been searching for weeks on the Internet trying to find a way to upgrade my phone. I've been seeing on the web that HTC is really cranking out new phones and new versions of its TouchFLO 3D interface. Looking at the screen shots and videos, I'd really like to upgrade the version on my Touch PRO. Also, I see that windows has come out with mobile 6.5. Basically, these upgrades and new versions came out like three weeks after I bought my phone and I'm going through a not having the newest, coolest withdrawal phase. I don't know all that much about the inner workings of these phones but from poking around on the web it would appear that I need to "flash" a new "ROM" for my phone. I watched the first of your videos and I'm just trying to make sure I know what I'm getting into. It all comes down to these basic questions, if you could help me in answering them that would be great, if not, it's not the end of the world.

1.) Is flashing a new ROM going to get me windows mobile 6.5?
2.) Is flashing a new ROM going to get me TouchFLO 3D 2.0 or 2.5?
3.) Is it true that a flashed ROM also includes all kinds of programs and apps that the developers cooked into it?
4.) If I do this, what is a good way of backing up all the data on my phone, I tried using DashWire from the very beginning but last week I had to do a hard reset and now DashWire won't put anything except my contacts back onto my phone, not my photos, videos, call history or texts. Any good alternatives?

Again, thank you for your time, I know it's a lot of questions and I know everyone on this forum seems pretty well versed in the manipulation of these devices, any time spent on the "New Guy" would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:54 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdeguzman1029 View Post
Hello, as you can see, I'm a brand new member, I joined specifically for this thread. I have an HTC Touch PRO from Sprint, it's running Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and has the stock version of TouchFLO 3D. I have been searching for weeks on the Internet trying to find a way to upgrade my phone. I've been seeing on the web that HTC is really cranking out new phones and new versions of its TouchFLO 3D interface. Looking at the screen shots and videos, I'd really like to upgrade the version on my Touch PRO. Also, I see that windows has come out with mobile 6.5. Basically, these upgrades and new versions came out like three weeks after I bought my phone and I'm going through a not having the newest, coolest withdrawal phase. I don't know all that much about the inner workings of these phones but from poking around on the web it would appear that I need to "flash" a new "ROM" for my phone. I watched the first of your videos and I'm just trying to make sure I know what I'm getting into. It all comes down to these basic questions, if you could help me in answering them that would be great, if not, it's not the end of the world.

1.) Is flashing a new ROM going to get me windows mobile 6.5?
2.) Is flashing a new ROM going to get me TouchFLO 3D 2.0 or 2.5?
3.) Is it true that a flashed ROM also includes all kinds of programs and apps that the developers cooked into it?
4.) If I do this, what is a good way of backing up all the data on my phone, I tried using DashWire from the very beginning but last week I had to do a hard reset and now DashWire won't put anything except my contacts back onto my phone, not my photos, videos, call history or texts. Any good alternatives?

Again, thank you for your time, I know it's a lot of questions and I know everyone on this forum seems pretty well versed in the manipulation of these devices, any time spent on the "New Guy" would be greatly appreciated.
1. you have a choice. some roms come with 6.1 and some with 6.5.
2. again, you have a choice. some have tf3d1, some tf3d2, some tf3d2.1...
3. yes
4. dashwire is known to work fine so i'm not sure what happen with your use. there is also Microsoft MyPhone or PIM Backup. I recommend MyPhone

see here for your choice of roms. reading the first post or even the thread title will let you know the windows mobile version and also the version of tf3d, if it's included, and they usually say what programs are included.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Last edited by razorloves; 08-23-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

SkidBox2 is keeping up the good workSkidBox2 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to SkidBox2

I too am a noob at this. I've had my Sprint TP for about 10 months, still running the stock ROM. I've tweaked it a lot and love the combo of programs it's loaded with.

Now I feel the urge to upgrade the ROM.

I feel pretty comfy with the unlocking part of the process.
The re-flashing I'm still a little leary of.

My question:
I have MightyRom6.5 file on my desktop.
After I have unlocked (and verified) the phone, do I...

Just double click the MightyROM file on the desktop (with the phone connected via ActiveSync) and follow the instructions that will appear there after?

I appreciate all the time pjTwist and razor have devoted to this very helpful thread.

Thanks,
Skid
Old 08-23-2009, 09:19 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidBox2 View Post
My question:
I have MightyRom6.5 file on my desktop.
After I have unlocked (and verified) the phone, do I...

Just double click the MightyROM file on the desktop (with the phone connected via ActiveSync) and follow the instructions that will appear there after?

I appreciate all the time pjTwist and razor have devoted to this very helpful thread.

Thanks,
Skid
that's it. you got it.
and thank you for the recognition.
if you run into any problems just let me know and i'd be glad to help you out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

SkidBox2 is keeping up the good workSkidBox2 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to SkidBox2

razor,
Thanks so much!
It's a relief. The only part I'm not looking forward to is re-installing all the programs, setting up email, program settings, etc.
But hey, it's time for an overhaul I suppose.

Again, big props and thanks to both you and pj!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development