PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 03:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brazen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
OK, so here is a total noob question...is Sprint Nav a sprint "Premium service"; one you pay for?

I use iGuidance and it works fine for me but I was wondering about sprint nav. I do have a regular unlimited data plan.

David
I imagine most unlimited data plans come with Sprint Nav access. Call Sprint to be sure. But I would use the optimized telenav version I've attached. It's basically the same thing untouched by Sprint. Much faster, prettier and has a couple more bells n whistles. You will need your 4-digit pin code. For me on sprint, it is the last 4 digits of my cell #.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rargamob View Post
Couple of Questions:

Running 21877 w/ 2.5.

My WinMo SMS Threading is screwy. Still have GSM or CDMA tags on the end of everything, and they are not threaded at all, just single items. Any ideas why? (SMS threading is enabled)

Also, my Email Inbox started acting strange. Before in 28004 and now in 21877, if an email was unread on the phone, and I opened up outlook on the PC, outlook would download all the emails, and the next time the phone sends/receives, all the emails that were downloaded on the PC were marked read on the phone. Can I get this back? Wouldnt be such a deal if Mark All as Read worked and didnt bring up ArcSoft settings, although I never remember mark all as read working ever.

Other than that, MMS, ringers, GPS and everything else work. If anyone can help with the above, that would be super. Thanks.

-robbie

For the tags, I think it has something to do with whether or not you ran the zenyee cab and if you restored your old messages from a backup. I didnt restore any messages, I'm using the old winmo interface, and I don't have any tags on the end of mine. Also, since the zenyee cab disables the new messenger, there's really no need to keep the contacts tab. Plus the contacts tab sucks ass anyway. The one on 2.1 was waaaaay more convenient. Wish there was a way to add that one in to replace the 2.5 one.

Tested the email inbox and same here with the arcsoft settings after hitting mark all as read. I don't remember it working either as I tried it before on a different rom. I don't use outlook either. I just set up my email thru hotmail. My problem is when I delete a message on the phone, it doesnt delete it off of hotmail right away. I don't use windows live either as the interface is archaic IMO.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen View Post
I imagine most unlimited data plans come with Sprint Nav access. Call Sprint to be sure. But I would use the optimized telenav version I've attached. It's basically the same thing untouched by Sprint. Much faster, prettier and has a couple more bells n whistles. You will need your 4-digit pin code. For me on sprint, it is the last 4 digits of my cell #.
I have found that if you don't run the Sprint Nav first and set it up before you run the "optimized" version you run into issues with Sprint telling you that you have to pay for access (which I already have). What I do is run the one that comes from sprint 2.1.23.cab, after the install run it and do the setup, then install the "optimized" one (thanks for the attached file BTW) then use the 4-digit (mine is my last 4 numbers too) You are right, it is much better then the 2.1.23 version.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
Do you know what's reg optimized about this?
Old 11-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
Originally Posted by netengineer View Post
I have found that if you don't run the Sprint Nav first and set it up before you run the "optimized" version you run into issues with Sprint telling you that you have to pay for access (which I already have). What I do is run the one that comes from sprint 2.1.23.cab, after the install run it and do the setup, then install the "optimized" one (thanks for the attached file BTW) then use the 4-digit (mine is my last 4 numbers too) You are right, it is much better then the 2.1.23 version.
Not quite true. Issue is that Telenav access is only for about 3 months then needs to be reprovisioned by Sprint and Telenav. Best bet is to call Tier 2 Tech Support and ask them to have Telenav provisioned for you. They will get a Tier 2 tech from Telenav on the phone and provision your account for Telenav access.

Here's the Tier 2 Tech Support Number - (877) 809-6696

I've done this several times myself.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Not quite true. Issue is that Telenav access is only for about 3 months then needs to be reprovisioned by Sprint and Telenav. Best bet is to call Tier 2 Tech Support and ask them to have Telenav provisioned for you. They will get a Tier 2 tech from Telenav on the phone and provision your account for Telenav access.

Here's the Tier 2 Tech Support Number - (877) 809-6696

I've done this several times myself.
Thanks for the advice. I guess it just happened at the same time I ran the "optimized" version that I needed to re-provision. It happened to me twice and it was about 3 months appart now that I think about it. Thanks again.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Do you know what's reg optimized about this?
Here is the link for the optimized info.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=67
Old 11-28-2009, 03:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

onemanzu is just getting started

Love it!

Thanks nrgz28 for another great rom!

Last edited by onemanzu; 11-28-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Thanks for the cab, however it does not expire after a certain amount of time?
Old 11-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

zerogravity is a n00b

anyone know how to set opera as my default browser? whenever i click a link from a text or email, it uses internet explorer and i want it to open with opera.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro