PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 07:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

The MightyROM's allow free tethering (with a "hack" / "fix" or whatever you want to call it) so that if you aren't paying extra for a phone as a modem plan, you can still use your data plan to tether.

Does the EnergyROM also allow this, and can anyone confirm it?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post
The MightyROM's allow free tethering (with a "hack" / "fix" or whatever you want to call it) so that if you aren't paying extra for a phone as a modem plan, you can still use your data plan to tether.

Does the EnergyROM also allow this, and can anyone confirm it?
Yes it works perfectly!

If I Helped you, Press Thanks!-------------|
Old 08-26-2009, 08:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

This Rom is sick thanks NRG but on a strange note.. My phone got stuck on the spalsh screen and would not come out with half a dozen soft resets. I couldnt reflash because I erased the .nbh. So I looked up the hard reset directions (with your phone OFF press and hold power, volume down, and enter) and that worked so far.. Has anyone else had this problem??

Anyway Ive been on Energy all summer thats a record for me for staying with one chef.. I have never seen a touch flo 3d2 rom this stable.. (Well at least before I switched back in june/july)
Old 08-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Any reason why mun BackGround4AllPages doesn't work with this ROM (assuming it has to be the manilla 2.1)?

If anyone has got it working, can you please post how.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:39 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Warhawk is working perfectly for me as of right now.
If something breaks it is probably an app that changes files or settings that is not 100% compatible.

Not really worried about it now that Sahimi is setup and I have a good reg backup.

Everything just works.

Still wish the album would rotate the pics but I know that is't a rom specific issue but a manila issue.

This is the best rom you can put on your TP hands down.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:43 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Any reason why mun BackGround4AllPages doesn't work with this ROM (assuming it has to be the manilla 2.1)?

Search this thread and I believe someone said there is a working fix for that.
I am using panoramic wallpaper and it is the chit so I don't use wallpaper on all tabs.
One scene scrolling through every tab beats the same pic on all tabs IMO.
You should give that a shot.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Search this thread and I believe someone said there is a working fix for that.
I am using panoramic wallpaper and it is the chit so I don't use wallpaper on all tabs.
One scene scrolling through every tab beats the same pic on all tabs IMO.
You should give that a shot.
I performed the search for munbackground within this thread, but all I came up with were questions without answers.

I must say, you've got me intrigued about the panormaic wallpaper.
Is it easy to set up?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Try the updated bg4all mod here -- There are reports in that thread of it working with EnergyROM just fine.

I have attached a copy -- credit to theboostman over at XDA for this mod and mwalt2 for cabbing it up
Attached Files
File Type: zip BkAllTabs manila 2.1.zip (13.7 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab BkAllTabs manila 2.1.cab (105.2 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by askwhy; 08-26-2009 at 09:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Try the updated bg4all mod here -- There are reports in that thread of it working with EnergyROM just fine.

I have attached a copy -- credit to theboostman over at XDA for this mod and mwalt2 for cabbing it up
Thanks.
It worked.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

This ROM has been running perfectly for me also (& I have it loaded with apps/programs etc). I use Vito SMS-Chat & a customized version of the TouchPal KB (WAY faster than any hardware KB using T+) & this is one of the few 6.5 ROM's that give absolutely NO LAG whatever with this setup.

Both Pandora & Need For Speed Undercover g-sen run perfectly with this ROM, these two programs do not work at all with a lot of custom ROM's.

I have two different home screens that I use & can switch between with one fast click. This is my custom TF3D setup:

& this is my other option for a change of pace:

When I first flashed, battery life was not very good but various tweaks have cured that problem. At this point, I see no real need to ever flash this phone again (& it's probably been flashed 50 times). I am all set until I can get my hands on a TP2........

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro