PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 05:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint PCS

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
I keep trying to hard reset.. But no go.

I can't get an ActiveSync connection via USB. I can't hard reset while the device is powered off because I can only power it off via pulling out the battery.

Any ideas?
you have to put the phone in bootloader mode if your stuck

hold the power button and the volume button down and softreset

then flash the stock rom normally, then hard reset, then flash NRG rom, then hard reset
Old 08-12-2009, 05:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond, touch pro, TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: sprint

rogerp is keeping up the good workrogerp is keeping up the good work
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:

I can't get an ActiveSync connection via USB. I can't hard reset while the device is powered off because I can only power it off via pulling out the battery.

Any ideas?
well i have had that problem also and what i did was put the battery in till i got to the boot loader then with it hooked up to usb the bower would stay on after it shut off i put it back in the battery that is till i got to the hard reset screen "power button, volume down, cented d pad, and reset hold till the screen comes up" then take the battery back out unplug usb wait a few seconds put battery back in and power up
Old 08-12-2009, 05:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond, touch pro, TOUCH PRO 2

rogerp is keeping up the good workrogerp is keeping up the good work

and with active sink i some times have to end partnership and create a new one but i am running vista, xp everything looks different
Old 08-12-2009, 05:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G 3D

sec1rxg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

Any ideas?
To hardreset try this; this does work follow the steps word for word:

Yes a hard reset will clear out all the crap, but it will also erase all data and Added programs.
1. Turn phone off
2.Depress center key and Volume down key and hold
3.Insert Stylus in small (soft reset ) hole in bottom of phone and hold
Hold all three until screen appears with warning on it . follow screen.

If that doesn't work try

1. Turn phone off
2. Depress center button and hold
3. Turn the phone on with the power button while holding the center button.
4. Continue holding center button until warning message appears on screen
Old 08-12-2009, 05:33 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec1rxg@yahoo.com View Post
1. Turn phone off
2.Depress center key and Volume down key and hold
3.Insert Stylus in small (soft reset ) hole in bottom of phone and hold
Hold all three until screen appears with warning on it . follow screen.
that just puts the phone in bootloader, if you dont hold the volume down it will do a hard reset
Old 08-12-2009, 05:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Spongerdude7 is a n00b
Wink Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

One of the main things to do when trying to hard reset is to take the battery out and put it back in. I don't know why but none of the methods worked until i tried this i heard that you can also leave the phone off for at least 60 seconds before trying to hard reset for the same effect but im not sure.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Spongerdude7 is a n00b
Unhappy Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

So i've searched through the thread and im confused dose the gyro screen rotation work on this rom or do i need to install Gyrator?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch PRO

mattshaver is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mattshaver Send a message via MSN to mattshaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
A great little "Instruction book" he put together. Really well done and should definitely be read by anyone who is "new" to this ROM even if they are not new to flashing.
Here it is for everyone, again.

http://www.cyberonic.com/~threefaces/html/ENERGY%20ROM%20-%20a%20dudes%20experience%20[August%2011%20build].pdf
This should be posted on the front page of this rom.
And here is a link that is not choped.
http://www.cyberonic.com/~threefaces/html/ENERGY%20ROM%20-%20a%20dudes%20experience%20%5BAugust%2011%20build %5D.pdf
Old 08-12-2009, 06:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2, htc evo
Carrier: Sprint 4g, Fast 3g

S/\NDM/\N is just getting started

ok guy and gal's heres my testimony, so i flashed the morning build yesturday and evry thing was running ok i used my tp as a wifirouter for about 6hrs, still evrything ok then started custumization still not problems, then spent a little time on opera, after that i went to turn up the volume then a problem some kind of notification popped up but it wasnt up long enough to read after that. my screen frooze up so i did a softreset but it wanted to do a hard reset and it did so,after that i felt it alone for a while. when i got back to it i did about 2 reflashes 5 hard resets after it did the custumiztions then a couple of soft reset. went to work at 8:00 w/no custumizing just contacts and dcd carrier installed. now keep this in mind i work in a very big metal and concrete building so with a stock rom it is constinly search for sevice witch drans the battery, but that was nt the case last night after working 8hrs in that cave my battery was at 70% witch made me very happy. so for me the battery life on this build is great havent had any problems sofar after my little reflash/hardreset/softreset,everything is good
Old 08-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post

TCPMP is free software... :P
Yeah, I tend to over-think things. Still, the creator of Sashimi as an example, frowning on reposts of his software is kinda what I was thinking of at the time.

Last night was just too cool -- thanks so much for the PM build. After years of running [my home and business] off a 1.5mbit DSL that barely could pull that, I had a 10mbit cable installed yesterday, and then what do you know? A new EnergyROM to download...and I pulled it down in record time (for me). Christmas in August baby!

The 'afternoon' build is running like a charm. While my personal preference for build names is towards space/time/physics (ie: Magic, Mercury, Aurora) I gotta say that 'Warhark' has got them beat so far -- Great job!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro