PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tdr32341 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 14th ||

Hey for those of you that are having issues answering calls, I think I've got a solution - I finally read through all of ThreeFaces guide

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=4136

and he had a link to a fix for a dialer popup. I ran that and now I can answer calls! Thanks ThreeFaces!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:23 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by echomatics View Post
Hurts me to drop this ROM for now till there is a fix for the dialer.
I need the phone at the very least to work as that's the number one function for having it. Might go back to the last build as it had no problems at all and I don't want to loss all the things I love about this ROM. A patch or .cab fix would be nice ... we can all dream!
I have had no problems with the dialer.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP

Shogun122 is a n00b

someone may have already posted this, but I found while trying to do the world clock to galarm fix on this new build, that the file "WorldClock_GAlarm.cab" file wouldn't work. I'm not sure if it's a newer file, or what the difference is, but found that "G-Alarm_Worldclock_Mapping.cab" (which is in the list of files in this thread) works like a charm.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work

My battery life is the pits on this rom and I'm sure its my radio. I am running the telus.
For you guys getting great battery life, what Radio are you using ?

Thanks
Old 07-15-2009, 11:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cheezeit is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
My battery life is the pits on this rom and I'm sure its my radio. I am running the telus.
For you guys getting great battery life, what Radio are you using ?

Thanks
This rom is geared toward performance rather than battery life.

I'm running sprint 11 right now, but I've heard that the newest verizon has good luck with battery life. Tomorrow I will run with verizon to see if the battery life improves.

hope that helps!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff

Quote:
Hey for those of you that are having issues answering calls, I think I've got a solution - I finally read through all of ThreeFaces guide

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=4136

and he had a link to a fix for a dialer popup. I ran that and now I can answer calls! Thanks ThreeFaces!
Nice find...
Ill give it a try and report back.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
NRGZ: I'm happy you are going to use my EzInput package but could you please give me thanks on the main page?
To those that took the time to press "thanks".... thank you!

I have PM'ed NRGZ28 on XDA:

Code:
Originally Posted by Juicy47
I noticed my name in the MASD in your roms, could you please give me proper credit in the changelogs as well? It took alot of work to get things working properly - plz and thanks
to which I got the following response:

Code:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28
What are you doing looking in the MASD section of my ROMs ? And what exactly did you have to do about EzInput ? Add you name to the RGU ?
Now in case any of you forgot, when EzInput2.0 was first available we all had a hell of a time

1) making the keybaord fit properly in landscape VGA
2) getting the hard keys to work

I can't attest to doing all the work, but here is what is contained in my rom, kitchen, and oem package that NRGZ used:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\MASD]
"IME_EzInput_Western"="2_0_JUICY47_01" ;Do note remove
;inital work by savage25rcracer
;working hardware mapping by Juicy47
So can you understand why I'm a little pissed off that NRGZ won't even aknowledge other users who have done the grunt work necessary in having a working port?

This is ridiculous, and a poor attitude on behalf of NRGZ. All I asked for was a thank-you.

Please re-consider donating to this fool. Donate to PPCGeeks.com or XDA instead - I don't want or accept donations.

Oh and after this wonderful little incident, you can forget about me release my EzInput 2.1 OEM/CAB as well as my 8 series kitchen.

MAD? Let NRGZ28 know.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Juicy,

What's so sad is that I still remember you cursing the phone out trying to get it to work, so I in no way doubt that you did a lot in getting it to work, but not only that, getting it to work right, even if you stayed up all night long in doing so.

A lot of people just don't know what goes on behind the scenes and are not in the "know" of things, so I guess NRG's response is understandable. This is the same thing that No2 went through with someone else. What this does is hurt everyone else. The community is now going to suffer because there goes another great chef willing to share his work. This has happened time and time again with DCD, MightyMike, No2, and of course you. All I gotta say is that I give you big ups for the way you asked him kindly to consider putting your name in the change log, but I guess he fails to realize, that the package you helped to create wouldn't exist if it wasn't for your work. I guess he feels a little hurt or losses a lot of creditability in his ROM if he adds you in the credits or change log. I for one don't mind helping people, like you yourself do, but it really pisses me the **** off when someone can't take no more then 10 characters and type someone's name giving them credit for the time they spent on getting something to work. Just Bull ****! For that same reason, I keep my work in wraps... Whata shame!

Quote:
Please re-consider donating to this fool. Donate to PPCGeeks.com or XDA instead - I don't want or accept donations.
Very well said! Hard core!

Last edited by LilRico; 07-16-2009 at 12:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Some users can't understand why users such as Jakillard, Juicy47, etc do not share their work.

This is the **** that goes on behind closed doors that users do not see.

I personally know all the **** that Juicy went through on this package... The amounts of reflashes, etc, etc of getting the keyboard to work.

Then u got the vultures coming along and swooping it up and can't even write a "thanks" 6 simple letters in a changelog.

I don't blame you juicy.

Nor do i blame any other chef that does not share stuff...

Tsk..... Tsk.....

Quote:
To those that took the time to press "thanks".... thank you!

I have PM'ed NRGZ28 on XDA:

Code:
Originally Posted by Juicy47
I noticed my name in the MASD in your roms, could you please give me proper credit in the changelogs as well? It took alot of work to get things working properly - plz and thanks
to which I got the following response:

Code:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28
What are you doing looking in the MASD section of my ROMs ? And what exactly did you have to do about EzInput ? Add you name to the RGU ?
Now in case any of you forgot, when EzInput2.0 was first available we all had a hell of a time

1) making the keybaord fit properly in landscape VGA
2) getting the hard keys to work

I can't attest to doing all the work, but here is what is contained in my rom, kitchen, and oem package that NRGZ used:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\MASD]
"IME_EzInput_Western"="2_0_JUICY47_01" ;Do note remove
;inital work by savage25rcracer
;working hardware mapping by Juicy47
So can you understand why I'm a little pissed off that NRGZ won't even aknowledge other users who have done the grunt work necessary in having a working port?

This is ridiculous, and a poor attitude on behalf of NRGZ. All I asked for was a thank-you.

Oh and after this wonderful little incident, you can forget about me release my EzInput 2.1 OEM/CAB as well as my 8 series kitchen.

MAD? Let NRGZ28 know.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:02 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Meow, catfight! mice shouldn't get in the middle of a catfight.

-Meant in fun

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro