PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerebediah View Post
Hi I've tried almost every rom on ppcgeeks lol! I am Loving the EnergyRom the most... but one thing i noticed was that the battery life is really bad compared to others is their a way to fix this thanx...
Not really, it just plain sucks with this ROM really.

I ran this ROM for the last three weeks, but finally moved on & battery life was one of the reasons (the fact that it refuses to run Need For speed Undercover g-sen & uses the horrible tachi dialer where a couple other reasons)

~John
Old 08-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

I ran this ROM for the last three weeks, but finally moved on & battery life was one of the reasons (the fact that it refuses to run Need For speed Undercover g-sen & uses the horrible tachi dialer where a couple other reasons)

~John
Have you ever thought that NRG's Roms are not Gamer Rom's. My battery life is Great, I think it time you move on and stop flaming NRG's Rom's it's that simple. You really make yourself sound so shallow by jumping in here every now and then flaming someone's work. Be the bigger person and just bow out, This Rom is not for you. Good Day
Old 08-30-2009, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post
You really make yourself sound so shallow by jumping in here every now and then flaming someone's work.
LOL, I'm not "flaming" anything.

I am pointing out a few problems with the ROM (after someone questioned the awful battery life)If games or good battery life are important, then people should look elsewhere. I do the same thing with other ROM's I run.

All I'm really doing is posting a counterpoint to all the"fan boys" claiming this is the best ROM hands down........(it may be for certain people, but certainly not for everyone)

~John
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerebediah View Post
Hi I've tried almost every rom on ppcgeeks lol! I am Loving the EnergyRom the most... but one thing i noticed was that the battery life is really bad compared to others is their a way to fix this thanx... and amaaaaazzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggggg rom =)
If you take the time and read through some of these pages like most of us have, you to will come a way with a little bit of Pride knowing that you took the time and did some research and found out how to make you battery last a little bit longer. I say this sincerely as not Flaming you, it's more to say, look around, the answer is there you just have to take the time like the rest of us to find it.

Last edited by sprintnerd; 08-30-2009 at 03:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mannyhernz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
You dont have New MMS Report under New MMS?
Regardless, did you run the uninstall MMS cab before intalling Arcsoft? (i assume that's what your using)
IMO, and I'm no expert, I'd start over. Uninstall MMS program, soft reset, run Uninstall MMS cab, run latest Arcsoft MMS-I use 5.2.1.22.
If that doesnt do it I'm stumped.

EDIT: Double check my instructions with Threefaces start up guide-it's in his sig.
EDIT2:Just thought of something-prob nothing-but there is a wee bit of a delay from download to sound notification so when testing make sure you let a good 10-15 seconds go by from the time you SEE the notification to see if you hear anything.
no i dont have new report...so i am going to try uninstalling then reinstalling see what that does for me...thanks for the help
Old 08-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
This ROM has been running perfectly for me also (& I have it loaded with apps/programs etc). I use Vito SMS-Chat & a customized version of the TouchPal KB (WAY faster than any hardware KB using T+) & this is one of the few 6.5 ROM's that give absolutely NO LAG whatever with this setup...

When I first flashed, battery life was not very good but various tweaks have cured that problem. At this point, I see no real need to ever flash this phone again (& it's probably been flashed 50 times). I am all set until I can get my hands on a TP2........

~John
Quote:

~John
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10
...If games or good battery life are important, then people should look elsewhere...All I'm really doing is posting a counterpoint to all the"fan boys" claiming this is the best ROM hands down........(it may be for certain people, but certainly not for everyone)

~John

Are you sure you aren't being just a bit fickle? I don't intend that as a 'judgment' -- but merely as an observation. As in the definition of fickle: marked by erratic changeableness in affections or attachments...
Old 08-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Are you sure you aren't being just a bit fickle? I don't intend that as a 'judgment' -- but merely as an observation. As in the definition of fickle: marked by erratic changeableness in affections or attachments...
Thank You =D>
Old 08-30-2009, 04:30 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:

~John

Battery life is actually pretty good for me, lasting at least all day.

Tachi dialer works perfect for me too.

As for NFS... I don't even own that game for mobile.
I have about 25 other games that work well on this device.
For playing any real graphic games, that is why I have an Xbox 360.
This is a phone with a working great rom.
Maybe that is what we are all really wanting in here.
A good working phone that does everything a phone should and then some.

Best rom ever IMO
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:01 PM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuff

I am having a problem sending email using Jd's Arcsoft 5.2.1.22 on EnergyRom 8-11.
I also had the same problem on 8-1.
I receive email without a problem. I can also send and receive picturemail without a problem.
I did NOT install the dcd carrier cab.
Any thoughts as to what I am missing?
Old 08-30-2009, 08:41 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Arcsoft is for SMS and MMS and I don't think it has anything to do with email.
Email should work with or without the Arcsoft mod.

Double check the email settings for incoming and smtp ( outgoing ).
I would imagine that there is something not right in there.
Most cases SMTP settings are not the same as incoming.
Most SMTP settings start with smtp., like smtp.email.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro