PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I mean, really the only "trick" you need to do on this build is get your weather going with your city using Weather Database Editor 1.2 and then install arcsoft for picture mail. Everything else is custom to your taste....voice command, navigation, etc.
Hey ThreeFaces,

Did you get your local city in weather working? I cannot even modify the database. Not sure if it's the manila file or what...I did make sure all the files are not read-only.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:14 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

...and I think NRG's frustration with the thread is somewhat warranted. Most of the problems folks are reporting are known issues with the 2.1 port, not his ROM. The fixes we're applying aren't to fix his ROM, they're to fix the known issues with 2.1 port. So when these fixes don't fully address the problem they were intended to, it's not something to report back to NRG, it's something to report to the thread over at xda where the fixes originated. It's also been widely reported that mods that worked on 2.0 won't work on 2.1. Some may...you'll have to test them out and see what flys and what doesnt. If somethign doesn't work...that's an expected behavior. If something does, then maybe report here for the rest of us to benefit from.

Just my opinion, I'm a noob...I could be totally off base.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2, htc evo
Carrier: Sprint 4g, Fast 3g

S/\NDM/\N is just getting started

Quote:
Has anyone figured out a fix for the weather tab? My city location is not on the list and Weather Master 2.2 obviously doesn`t work with manilla 2.1. Any suggestion is much appreaciated.
ya not to be rude bro but there is a fix.cab a few post back all you have to do is read like all of us but ill give it to u here thanks to J.eremy.
Attached Files
File Type: cab WeatherDatabaseEditor 1.2 - Fixed.cab (484.8 KB, 61 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:16 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Hey ThreeFaces,

Did you get your local city in weather working? I cannot even modify the database. Not sure if it's the manila file or what...I did make sure all the files are not read-only.

Do that right now and will report back when it's done. I have my edited manila file saved from 8/6 with my city in it already, but will follow the guide instructions to be sure they're clear.

Did you disable TouchFlo before editing the database? Try that.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

omahajs is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadjacks View Post
ok so there is an issue with us VZW guys. is there a way that we can change the pagepool, or does that even matter? thanks guys for any suggestions as my memory sucks with cust roms!
Yes, use pagepool changer. I'm running at 6MB and still have little memory left on the 8/1 version. With that said, I appreciate NRG's comments and will patiently wait for the "lite" version all the time enjoying the best rom out there.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

JLSS is a n00b

8/11 Warhawk Build:

NO EMAIL FROM MS EXCHANGE!

Exchange Calender syncing works fine, however I cannot get emails. Tried hard resetting and re-entering credentials and using the auto-config... same problem, no emails. Anyone else experiencing this? This is the first time I have not been able to get emails through any of the EnergyROM builds. I also went into the web interface for exchange and deleted the phone and tried again as well.

Thank you!

J
Old 08-11-2009, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Hey ThreeFaces,

Quote:
Do that right now and will report back when it's done. I have my edited manila file saved from 8/6 with my city in it already, but will follow the guide instructions to be sure they're clear.

Did you disable TouchFlo before editing the database? Try that.
if they just isntall the weatherdatabasefixed.cab above tey will be set
Old 08-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The 8/11 rom is cool, but it is missing the automatic network selection in the Network Services options. Right now its either Home Only Or Automatic-A/B. So that means if your home only and you have a weak signal, it will not roam and you will lose calls.

I fixed it by following this thread:
http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...ad.php?t=41992

Last edited by NIKKG; 08-11-2009 at 02:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
The 8/11 rom is cool, but it is missing the automatic network selection in the Network Services options. Right now its either Home Only Or Automatic-A/B. So that means if your home only and you have a weak signal, it will not roam and you will lose calls.
did u install the dcd carrier cab?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Quote:
Just flashed...looks very clean off the fresh flashy [graphics really crisp up with the black background]. Call History is displayed below the clock, as expected, until we start seeing home screen mods for 2.1. My appointments show up as they did in 8/6...I have my noon apt showing and it's displaying my apts for tomorrow. You won't see anything beyond tomorrow, which was expected.

I haven't gotten too far into this build yet, but so far so good. I'm also a Slide to Unlock user - all of my appointments display nice and clean in Slide to Unlock, so I don't need to rely on the home screen display as much. If folks are big appointment users like I am, it's a solid workaround to give you quick view access of everything you have coming up for the week.

Updated guide will follow in a few hours.

I mean, really the only "trick" you need to do on this build is get your weather going with your city using Weather Database Editor 1.2 and then install arcsoft for picture mail. Everything else is custom to your taste....voice command, navigation, etc.

After I get through the guide and get all of my customizations rocking, I'll put the device through the usual paces to see how the basics are functioning, but I really don't anticipate a problem outside of what we already know.

Another kill ROM by NRG.
Thanks for the great work. There would be far less repeat questions if more people took the 5 minutes to read your guides. By the way... I noticed you recommend a version of sprint telenav in your guide, I have been trying this even more recent version and its pretty nice... check it out... maybe you'll prefer it too.
Attached Files
File Type: cab TeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.18.cab (1.97 MB, 452 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro