PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Battery this. Battery that. Man, is it getting old!

* Anyone switching from a 6.1 ROM to a 6.5 w/ Rhodium is going to notice a drop in battery life. Welcome to 6.5, get used to it, quit blaming the chefs.

* Anyone who switches from a lightweight stock-like ROM to one loaded with apps and features that run in the background all day long is going to notice a drop in battery life. Welcome to reality, get used to it, quit blaming the chefs.

* Anyone who installs high-performance software like EnergyROM, but fails to implement well known power-saving tweaks is going to notice a drop in battery life. Welcome to free will, get used to it, quit blaming the chefs......
I just wanted to say a personal thank you. I clicked thanks as well. This is one of the best posts I've seen in a while and I wasn't aware of this tool.

Thanks again!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Energy ROM

iceman44h2o is a n00b

Stupid question. Do i have to be able to plug my phone into computer and do active sync to update radio or can I do it just via the phone. At work and wanna try this. Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by glintz View Post
I went to the newest sprint radio and I don't have battery problems with this ROM anymore.

here is the link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74422

I am running the aug 1 version of the rom with 1.12.34F on Sprint.
I will be trying this myself.

I switched from the SAC Warrior ROM to this one just to check it out, & while I love the ROM it has drastically lowered my battery life & seems to run about the same performance wise.

I just installed & calibrated Lumos & flashed the Sprint radio, & will now A/B it with my 2nd TP that is still running the SAC ROM & see how they compare.

~John
Old 08-05-2009, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

locomariachi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman44h2o View Post
Stupid question. Do i have to be able to plug my phone into computer and do active sync to update radio or can I do it just via the phone. At work and wanna try this. Any help is appreciated.

you can follow the guide to flash via SD that's on the main page of the CDMA HTC Touch Pro forum. basically you format your card to FAT32, then you install an exe that will flash your phone when you turn it on and put the .nbh file in the root of the memory stick. from there it'll flash and you don't need to use a computer. careful though, sometimes its super slow to do it, and it takes a while getting used to the whole thing.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

locomariachi is just getting started

Ugh, i know i've posted this issue before, but I don't know what's up. I've switched my TP already from the sprint store for keyboard issues but with the NRG rom, i still seem to have issues with bluetooth. I've tried my headset, my roomie's headset and another coworkers but it still doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I still sound 2 rooms away. with the stock rom i sound good, but i hate the stock rom. does anyone think they can help me out with my issue? everything else on it is fine, have no complaints, got great battery life. but just this part is killing me!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:38 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I will be trying this myself.

I switched from the SAC Warrior ROM to this one just to check it out, & while I love the ROM it has drastically lowered my battery life & seems to run about the same performance wise.

I just installed & calibrated Lumos & flashed the Sprint radio, & will now A/B it with my 2nd TP that is still running the SAC ROM & see how they compare.

~John
The new sprint radio is running very nicely for me, John
Old 08-05-2009, 10:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cpnichols is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Cool Program...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post
Same here, My battery lasted all day and nite seriously about 10:30pm I'm @ 30% and use the phone moderately I.E> texting, Calling, and Internet

I have to say that I never have a battery issue with my phone after I install and use Lumos Wizard. Battery life is pretty bad with ANY rom before it.

However, with Energy ROM, and Lumos, after a full day on the phone... texting, internet, use, heavy emails, hour + on the phone, I can still come home at the end of the day with 40 to 50% charge. So Battery is never really an issue for me.

A lot of this battery stuff is probably backlighting. Energy is pretty darn bright before you install Lumos.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Energy ROM

iceman44h2o is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomariachi View Post
you can follow the guide to flash via SD that's on the main page of the CDMA HTC Touch Pro forum. basically you format your card to FAT32, then you install an exe that will flash your phone when you turn it on and put the .nbh file in the root of the memory stick. from there it'll flash and you don't need to use a computer. careful though, sometimes its super slow to do it, and it takes a while getting used to the whole thing.

I have been doing this from the beginning. I am sorry if I was not clear. I am tring to update to the newest sprint radio.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:41 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnichols View Post
I have to say that I never have a battery issue with my phone after I install and use Lumos Wizard. Battery life is pretty bad with ANY rom before it.

However, with Energy ROM, and Lumos, after a full day on the phone... texting, internet, use, heavy emails, hour + on the phone, I can still come home at the end of the day with 40 to 50% charge. So Battery is never really an issue for me.

A lot of this battery stuff is probably backlighting. Energy is pretty darn bright before you install Lumos.
Agreed...I usually lower it off bat. But this program (plus the new radio) should get me at least 10hrs...
Old 08-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Lurker

tsinfult is a n00b

It looks like the Titanium Rom has a problem with +1 being in front of phone numbers. Outlook automatically did this when adding phone numbers and it has never caused a problem before. I have been doing some searches however I have not come up with any sort of fix.

This new ROM ROCKS!! by the way. I can actually answer calls without any problems.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro