PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

DJBlue is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Okay you might want to make the links to the ROMS a bit easier to locate, they don't exactly just jump right out at you... and second, there are plenty devoted fans of your work, I'm sure that SOMEBODY out there would be willing to host a mirror... anything but RapidShare... they're the nazi's of downloading for slugs...

LOVE YOUR WORK BTW, Your a genius... my phone has never performed so well as with your roms... .

Last edited by DJBlue; 08-03-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well just updated... I look for stability (no weird resets, hangs, incomplete data requests and so on) and then speed... glad to say that this one has both.

Thank you... I'll testing this one some more. So far your 0722 ROM has been the most stable I have tested.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 08-03-2009, 07:31 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
I have been playing around with my favorite Manila file, 27c65cbd, and I came up with something I felt was worth sharing. Basically, I wanted to eliminate the bulky globe graphic and replace the redundant 'favorites/push pages' with actual links to other internet applications since we have 'All Bookmarks' right there anyways. The result looks like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyr
*edit...i see there is a screenshot already posted of this ...is it just me or am i noticing a bit more lag now when switching to the internet tab, not any lag in the tab but it takes a few seconds for the tab to actually come up after releasing my finger...
I've also noticed quite a big of lag when switching to the internet tab..

edit: Yeah just went back to the stock file, and its much faster than the custom file. It looks nice but that lag isn't cool

Last edited by brushrop03; 08-03-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
...is it just me or am i noticing a bit more lag now when switching to the internet tab, not any lag in the tab but it takes a few seconds for the tab to actually come up after releasing my finger...

i wonder if u can make a lite-basic, lite-loaded, lite-loaded+ basically with the same stuff but no icons at all, i have a feeling loading those icons might be slowing things up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
I've also noticed quite a big of lag when switching to the internet tab..

edit: Yeah just went back to the stock file, and its much faster than the custom file. It looks nice but that lag isn't cool

*cough* From the original post of this modded file:

Quote:
The fewer items/icons, the faster the tab loads, and that is why 'Basic' has only 4 items.
Yes, you both noticed something -- something that was stated from the very beginning -- loading a bunch of 48x48 or 64x64 or even higher resolution icons can take a couple of seconds to load in this context. It's similar to (though slightly more than) the lag loading the 'Programs' tab, and there is no lag from sliding past 'Internet', it's only if you stop on it. In this case, the mod lends form, function, and efficiency, in exchange for 2-3 seconds of your time. It's your call to embrace that or not.

@ t0mmyr - I will play around some more with it later (I will be out with clients most of the morning). I can tell you that if you point to a bad (or missing) icon in this Manila file it will initially show a blank white square where the icon should be, and it's very ugly. If I can find a way to resize or eliminate that box your idea of a text-only 'lite' version might actually work -- I will check it out.

@ brushrop03 - If you want better results, you could try resizing a copy of your icons down to tiny little 20x20 (appx) and see if you can get them down to a few K per, then edit your Manila to link to those icons. Short of including a mini-icon-pack with the Manila file, or NRGZ cooking one in, I don't have any ideas that would likely impact the performance while still pointing to the cooked-in icons. This tab wasn't exactly designed to be crammed full of program shortcuts, or to be forced to load a dozen hires icons from various locations of the device filesystem.

Anyways, I am glad a lot of people are enjoying the mod. If NRGZ is really planning on including some version of this in the next ROM build as he suggested he might, maybe we can figure out how to speed it up a bit beforehand...

Last edited by askwhy; 08-03-2009 at 08:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Lurker

jrmcse is a n00b

First off, Great ROM. The only thing I miss is the ability to snooze a task or appintment for a length of time e.g. 5 min before start or 1 hour etc.... Am I missing something?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:21 AM
brushrop03

Quote:
*cough* From the original post of this modded file:

Yes, you both noticed something -- something that was stated from the very beginning -- loading a bunch of 48x48 or 64x64 or even higher resolution icons can take a couple of seconds to load in this context. It's similar to (though slightly more than) the lag loading the 'Programs' tab, and there is no lag from sliding past 'Internet', it's only if you stop on it. In this case, the mod lends form, function, and efficiency, in exchange for 2-3 seconds of your time. It's your call to embrace that or not.

@ brushrop03 - I am sorry the lag makes it not cool enough for you. If you want better results, you could try resizing a copy of your icons down to tiny little 20x20 (appx) and see if you can get them down to a few K per, then edit your Manila to link to those icons. Short of including a mini-icon-pack with the Manila file, or NRGZ cooking one in, I don't have any ideas that would likely impact the performance while still pointing to the cooked-in icons. This tab wasn't exactly designed to be crammed full of program shortcuts, or to be forced to load a dozen hires icons from various locations of the device filesystem.

Anyways, I am glad a lot of people are enjoying the mod (and I am sorry to the person it offended enough to hit No Thanks, ha, if I had known it was going to get your panties in a bunch I would have set the 'bunch-panties' key to 'False' under the Banner tag as well). If NRGZ is really planning on including some version of this in the next ROM build as he suggested he might, maybe we can figure out how to speed it up a bit beforehand...
Oh actually I didn't notice that in the original thread. And it wasn't I who hit "No Thanks". I definitely hit "Thanks". I luv innovation...its a nice mod. I have it loaded up. It's "cool" enough lol.
You shouldn't take criticism so personally. I was just offering my input/opinion on it

I was wondering if I could get just the Opera Icon on there though (like the one in the second picture). I really don't need all those Shortcuts cause i rarely use them and having fast access to my internet favorites is more important than the program shortcuts
Old 08-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Oh actually I didn't notice that in the original thread. And it wasn't I who hit "No Thanks". I definitely hit "Thanks". I luv innovation...its a nice mod. I have it loaded up. It's "cool" enough lol.
You shouldn't take criticism so personally. I was just offering my input/opinion on it

I was wondering if I could get just the Opera Icon on there though (like the one in the second picture). I really don't need all those Shortcuts cause i rarely use them and having fast access to my internet favorites is more important than the program shortcuts
Yeah, I naturally get a little defensive over nothing sometimes...it's rather hard to suppress. I think I will trim that last post of mine a little. *grin* Anyways, when I get back later today I would be happy to make up one with just Opera, you want basically an icon conversion/reduction of the original file, right?

EDIT: brushrop03 - try this attached version. It has no program shortcuts, but loads in about the usual time. Looks like this:

Last edited by askwhy; 08-03-2009 at 08:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:56 AM
brushrop03

Quote:
Yeah, I naturally get a little defensive over nothing sometimes...it's rather hard to suppress. I think I will trim that last post of mine a little. *grin* Anyways, when I get back later today I would be happy to make up one with just Opera, you want basically an icon conversion/reduction of the original file, right?
It's cool...I understand. I can be the same way sometimes.

Yep yep. pretty much just a smaller Icon so I can get to my favorites a little bit easier. Like I said,
I really don't need the program shortcuts cause I rarely, if ever, use them.

Thanks again for the mod...
Old 08-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work

Wow, this just may be the best one you have released yet. Screaming fast yet very stable. Great job again bro.

Thank god for my Scotch and Irish blood!
Blow'em Up, Shoot'em Down', Make'em ALL Hug The Ground!
Know your rights! Don't let the beaurocrats make your choices. Remember "For the people, by the people"
Old 08-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Lurker

Whetdesert is a n00b

Im sorry if the answer is posted here, but I couldn't find it...

How do I stop the flashing of the battery while charging? I would rather it be static.

Great ROM!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro