Old 08-03-2009, 08:21 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
*cough* From the original post of this modded file:

Yes, you both noticed something -- something that was stated from the very beginning -- loading a bunch of 48x48 or 64x64 or even higher resolution icons can take a couple of seconds to load in this context. It's similar to (though slightly more than) the lag loading the 'Programs' tab, and there is no lag from sliding past 'Internet', it's only if you stop on it. In this case, the mod lends form, function, and efficiency, in exchange for 2-3 seconds of your time. It's your call to embrace that or not.

@ brushrop03 - I am sorry the lag makes it not cool enough for you. If you want better results, you could try resizing a copy of your icons down to tiny little 20x20 (appx) and see if you can get them down to a few K per, then edit your Manila to link to those icons. Short of including a mini-icon-pack with the Manila file, or NRGZ cooking one in, I don't have any ideas that would likely impact the performance while still pointing to the cooked-in icons. This tab wasn't exactly designed to be crammed full of program shortcuts, or to be forced to load a dozen hires icons from various locations of the device filesystem.

Anyways, I am glad a lot of people are enjoying the mod (and I am sorry to the person it offended enough to hit No Thanks, ha, if I had known it was going to get your panties in a bunch I would have set the 'bunch-panties' key to 'False' under the Banner tag as well). If NRGZ is really planning on including some version of this in the next ROM build as he suggested he might, maybe we can figure out how to speed it up a bit beforehand...
Oh actually I didn't notice that in the original thread. And it wasn't I who hit "No Thanks". I definitely hit "Thanks". I luv innovation...its a nice mod. I have it loaded up. It's "cool" enough lol.
You shouldn't take criticism so personally. I was just offering my input/opinion on it

I was wondering if I could get just the Opera Icon on there though (like the one in the second picture). I really don't need all those Shortcuts cause i rarely use them and having fast access to my internet favorites is more important than the program shortcuts