PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |WWE|Herman|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 - Sense 2.1 /2.5 / MaxSe

Quote:
Originally Posted by peener View Post
anyone else having trouble logging into your twitter account? it keeps telling me my username or password is wrong (even though ive tried numerous times).

running july17 23673 cookiedinik
If the new Facebook tab is cooked in, that would be the problem. Im not using that version so Im just taking a guess.

|GOOGLE+|gplus.to/sauceda35
Old 07-20-2010, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Re: |WWE|Herman|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 - Sense 2.1 /2.5 / MaxSe

I appreciate NRG's effort. I really do think it's great that someone is still putting out roms with the newest software for our TPs.

That said, I'm not having a very good experience with the July 17 ROM. It feels laggier than the NFSFAN rom 1.05 I have been using for months. It spontaneously soft-reset when i was browsing through the menus. It froze itself while plugged into a charger with the screen off, so I had no idea it was frozen, causing me to miss an important call. and I've only been using the ROM for 5 hours.

I did a task29 flash before, so i don't think it's related to that, and I didn't install any programs since the flash. Only thing I did was sync contact via myphone and send a couple texts.

Anyways, I do hope NRG continues to put out new ROMs regardless and I will be checking back in the future. Until then, back to NFSFAN 1.05.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mcotter313 is keeping up the good workmcotter313 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris812 View Post
The last thing anyone wants in this forum is someone saying, "I'm going to use a different rom because this one locks up too often". It's discouraging for NRG to keep updating this ROM (for other people) to say the least; for a device he doesn't even have or test on. It's still a very powerful device and if you look up the specs on Wikipedia you will find that the TP2 uses the same "ARM11 @ 528MHz" processor as do many of the other phones released at later dates including the Iphone 3g and Itouch.

I was merely suggesting that you try a basic version of this ROM (something like mighty ROM) without so many features if your phone is locking up more than others. Something like one without dinki, without cookie, or possibly without sense2.5). Also that maybe you should try using task29 or flashdancing if you are not familiar with these methods of fixing a lot of peoples issues. I don't know you or what you have tried.

I was just trying to help and ask that if you have complaints about this ROM, and are switching to another chef, keep it to yourself.. It really isn't helping anyone one bit.. This isn't personal, but if you are "leaving" don't leave screaming to the whole office, "f--k you, f--k you, I'm out of here! My other place is better".. lol.. Take it easy man, we are all here to improve things..
Understood... However I think my original post was simply misinterpreted. The main point of it was to express the issues I was having with the latest ROMs. I tried my best to make sure it was clear that I blame the phone more than anything. It was also meant as thank you to NRG for his efforts aince I wasn't planning on posting in this thread anymore. The least important part was the fact that I was switching back to MightyRom. Wasn't meant as a slight to NRG, just explaining my reasoning. Maybe I should have just left that out since that seems to been the point that stuck out most to you.

And I never said the TP is underpowered just that we are attempting to run software/features that it was not designed to run, hence the unexpected freezes/lockups and sluggish behavior.

Anyway wasn't trying to offend, just posting my opinion.

Also it appears bobram has suffered the same problems, just saying.......
Old 07-21-2010, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work

I think the pro is underpowered, or at the very least not having the correct processor to run wmo. I am by no means an expert, but it seems like the whole touchflo interface combined with wmo is like trying to run a new pc game with last years graphics card. . . . it will run it, sure. . . but it doesnt look as nice, and is kinda laggy.

I still remember the overall shock that I was in when my stock phone was not as fancy, or fast as I expected. I still love this phone, and love the changes that can be made, so that it really becomes MY PHONE.

Remember how hot our phones used to get, even if we wernt using them at the time!!! My battery wouldnt last a whole day, so I was always charging it.

Anyway, just trying to distract the conversation away from the last few posts.

Thanks again NRG for keepin my phone stocked with the most uptodate features, programs, and UI. I was showing some people some pic messages of my kid at work and a few guys started askin about my phone and how I got it to look like that. I have said this before, but you really keep us lovin this phone.
personally im not a fan of the reach around either. its not that per se, but more whats going on behind!. i hope you meant they always give you the run around, cuz if not, id avoid that store altogether!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:13 AM
Lurker

ga8420 is a n00b
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jun 27| 21907|23569 ¯`·. MaxSense / Sense 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga8420 View Post
Ok, I tried to do a thorough search of the thread, and I think I did, but don't kill me if I didn't :/

I sync contacts from Exchange, I work with a lot of folks internationally so naturally country codes are part of the contacts.

For contacts in the US with +1 phone numbers, if I go to dial from contacts any number with a +1 it just goes right back to the home screen. If I manually punch in the number (without the +) .. dials fine.

Running 6/21 Cookie.. does the 6/27 do this? can anyone test? thanks
Running maxsense from 7/14 now -- same thing -- anyone have any ideas where to start?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

fusion600 is just getting started
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jun 27| 21907|23569 ¯`·. MaxSense / Sense 2

Just tested it, and mine is running fine. Called a contact within Canada which uses the +1 and one into the US which has the +1. Not experiencing what you are, so it is not the Rom.

I sync to an exchange server as well.
Other phones Vogue, Touch Pro
Old 07-21-2010, 07:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: USCC

phalkon30 is becoming a great contributor

Haha, yeah a guy at work has a Touch Pro also. He thought his phone was pretty cool and liked browsing the web with PIE because that's what it came with. When I showed him mine...I think he started to hate his phone. Just the CHT lockscreen is mind blowing to most people (even my dad on his TP2 is jealous). I just wish you didn't have to do all the SPL unlocking to flash ROM's....or at least I wish it didn't void the warranty.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Cricket

kris812 is keeping up the good workkris812 is keeping up the good work

I think winmo is the issue with things not being smooth or fast.. I run xdandroid and its smooth as pie, stupid windows.. But ya I've shown my phone to people at work with Droids and they really like the bling factor of it and how well everything looks.. Personally after having this phone, I play with some of the newer phones and laugh because they are so lame.. Now maybe if NRG starts playing with the Droids I'll have to buy another phone..
Old 07-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: sprint

caidywang is a n00b

I‘m your chinese fans.And I like your style very much.please don't give up this,thank you a lot.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris812 View Post
I think winmo is the issue with things not being smooth or fast.. I run xdandroid and its smooth as pie, stupid windows.. But ya I've shown my phone to people at work with Droids and they really like the bling factor of it and how well everything looks.. Personally after having this phone, I play with some of the newer phones and laugh because they are so lame.. Now maybe if NRG starts playing with the Droids I'll have to buy another phone..
Not to hijack this thread, but I installed XDAndroid on my Sprint TP and I don't get 3G data. Have you gotten that to work? Can you point me to the right place to set the APN (which I assume is the problem)?

Thanks-
Jason

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro