View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:52 PM
mcotter313
Lurker

mcotter313 is keeping up the good workmcotter313 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |WWE|Herman|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 - Sense 2.1 /2.5 / MaxSe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris812 View Post
The last thing anyone wants in this forum is someone saying, "I'm going to use a different rom because this one locks up too often". It's discouraging for NRG to keep updating this ROM (for other people) to say the least; for a device he doesn't even have or test on. It's still a very powerful device and if you look up the specs on Wikipedia you will find that the TP2 uses the same "ARM11 @ 528MHz" processor as do many of the other phones released at later dates including the Iphone 3g and Itouch.

I was merely suggesting that you try a basic version of this ROM (something like mighty ROM) without so many features if your phone is locking up more than others. Something like one without dinki, without cookie, or possibly without sense2.5). Also that maybe you should try using task29 or flashdancing if you are not familiar with these methods of fixing a lot of peoples issues. I don't know you or what you have tried.

I was just trying to help and ask that if you have complaints about this ROM, and are switching to another chef, keep it to yourself.. It really isn't helping anyone one bit.. This isn't personal, but if you are "leaving" don't leave screaming to the whole office, "f--k you, f--k you, I'm out of here! My other place is better".. lol.. Take it easy man, we are all here to improve things..
Understood... However I think my original post was simply misinterpreted. The main point of it was to express the issues I was having with the latest ROMs. I tried my best to make sure it was clear that I blame the phone more than anything. It was also meant as thank you to NRG for his efforts aince I wasn't planning on posting in this thread anymore. The least important part was the fact that I was switching back to MightyRom. Wasn't meant as a slight to NRG, just explaining my reasoning. Maybe I should have just left that out since that seems to been the point that stuck out most to you.

And I never said the TP is underpowered just that we are attempting to run software/features that it was not designed to run, hence the unexpected freezes/lockups and sluggish behavior.

Anyway wasn't trying to offend, just posting my opinion.

Also it appears bobram has suffered the same problems, just saying.......