PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bmasephol is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (23518/21889) |Jan 18| Sense 2.1 and 2

Is the 2016 text message date issue fixed in the newest rom. I'm using M2.5 and I still get the 2016 year on my new texts. Is there a fix that doesn't involve changing the time to the phone received time? Does the sprint/htc released fix just work with this rom?

Also the light around the enter button (center of d pad) does not light up when I have missed calls or new text messages. Is that something that can be fixed?

Last edited by bmasephol; 01-23-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (23518/21889) |Jan 18| Sense 2.1 and 2

I don't think its possible to use DATA and TALK at the same time.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

sipple31 is becoming a great contributor

Very nice build! Running titanium. Has anyone had issues with the 3G icon? It's showing 100% of the time - even in areas that I KNOW are not 3G. Not a major issue.

Not a single black screen of death yet... which is why I moved back over here from SKI-ROM.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
Very nice build! Running titanium. Has anyone had issues with the 3G icon? It's showing 100% of the time - even in areas that I KNOW are not 3G. Not a major issue.

Not a single black screen of death yet... which is why I moved back over here from SKI-ROM.
No issues with this latest 2.5 release. No issues with SKI or ROOT either. BSOD???
Old 01-23-2010, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

sipple31 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
No issues with this latest 2.5 release. No issues with SKI or ROOT either. BSOD???
Well it may be because I took the time & got anal about my flash process.

Flashed to stock.
Flashed to this build.
Wiped.

It seems to be more stable now...
Old 01-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcheljd View Post
When i am in a call i can't use the internet or data for anything like youtube. I don't remember if i was able to do that in the stock rom, i am pretty sure i could though.

Is there a way to fix this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsUF View Post
Evidently you need to watch the AT&T commercials, because they LOVE to claim they are the only service that allows you to talk on the phone and "surf the web" (use your data connection) at the same time. I have never tried to do both, never have seen a need too. Until that day that my buddy calls me up and he is on cash cab and needs to know the capitol of Peru...its Lima...
Nothing to do with the ROM xcheljd. You could not do it with your stock ROM either. It's like that with any CDMA network (Sprint and Verizon). You can only do voice and data on GSM 3G (AT&T and T-Mobile).

Don't want to get too far off topic, but I would like to be able to use data with GPS while also talking on my Sprint HTC Touch Pro. I will also mention, I've got a Blackberry Bold with GSM 3G on AT&T and when using 3G the Blackberry will drop calls when trying to send/receive e-mail. I had to lower my Blackberry's network setting to 2G so it would stop dropping my meeting calls. So although AT&T can do voice and data on 3G, getting it to work properly can be a challenge. I don't know if my issues with dropped calls when using 3G with data are a problem with just Blackberry Bolds or something that occurs with any GSM 3G device. I do know other Blackberry Bold users have had the same problem.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Has anyone else using the 23518 build tried using Sprite backup and noticed when trying a backup that it pops up a message asking you to confirm you don't want to Cancel the backup, although you never asked to cancel it? Then have to click "No" to confirm you don't want to cancel, just so the backup will actually start running?

I can't do scheduled backups anymore, because the pop-up stays stuck there till I click "No", to let the backup run. I'm using Sprite Backup v6.5.5.6, which is the latest, but had the same problem with an older version of Sprite backup 6.x on the 23518 build. I only upgraded Sprite backup to see if it would fix this issue with running backups, but the issue continues to occur.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ranmasaotome510 is just getting started

A Little note from a fan of the EnergyROM Series. The current versions of TouchFlo don't allow bluetooth car stereo control anymore (Next, Previus), Which was one the the things i loved MOST about TouchFlo, so i could change tracks while using GPS. Now i have to keep minimizing to change tracks. Either take this into consideration or can someone show me a quick fix?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmasaotome510 View Post
A Little note from a fan of the EnergyROM Series. The current versions of TouchFlo don't allow bluetooth car stereo control anymore (Next, Previus), Which was one the the things i loved MOST about TouchFlo, so i could change tracks while using GPS. Now i have to keep minimizing to change tracks. Either take this into consideration or can someone show me a quick fix?
I posted about the fix for this a while back.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTP Raphael

jp9219 is a n00b

Thank you so much for the ROM. I'm just getting into customizing and I was playing with the Twitter update tab. I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to at this point. When I click to update my status and slide out my keyboard, the screen changes to a very strange screen where I can't type anything in using the keyboard. That means the only way I can update my Twitter account is to use the stylus and screen...what am I missing?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro