View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 07:44 PM
darnell
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (23518/21889) |Jan 18| Sense 2.1 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcheljd View Post
When i am in a call i can't use the internet or data for anything like youtube. I don't remember if i was able to do that in the stock rom, i am pretty sure i could though.

Is there a way to fix this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsUF View Post
Evidently you need to watch the AT&T commercials, because they LOVE to claim they are the only service that allows you to talk on the phone and "surf the web" (use your data connection) at the same time. I have never tried to do both, never have seen a need too. Until that day that my buddy calls me up and he is on cash cab and needs to know the capitol of Peru...its Lima...
Nothing to do with the ROM xcheljd. You could not do it with your stock ROM either. It's like that with any CDMA network (Sprint and Verizon). You can only do voice and data on GSM 3G (AT&T and T-Mobile).

Don't want to get too far off topic, but I would like to be able to use data with GPS while also talking on my Sprint HTC Touch Pro. I will also mention, I've got a Blackberry Bold with GSM 3G on AT&T and when using 3G the Blackberry will drop calls when trying to send/receive e-mail. I had to lower my Blackberry's network setting to 2G so it would stop dropping my meeting calls. So although AT&T can do voice and data on 3G, getting it to work properly can be a challenge. I don't know if my issues with dropped calls when using 3G with data are a problem with just Blackberry Bolds or something that occurs with any GSM 3G device. I do know other Blackberry Bold users have had the same problem.