PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

so..yeah. noob here.. Once I flashed the Nov14 sense rom, I liked it immediately.. however, I almost got into a lot trouble.. I started loading all my cabs, and preferences up.. did some tweaks.. like the file cache tweak to increase performance.. used lumos, and voice command.. basic stuff. Then, I soft reset.. and when my phone tried to launch HTC "Sense" ...it couldn't. so, I tried to hard reset, but couldn't either.. scared the crap out of me.. lol. I eventually reflashed, and now I'm good.. My question is.. Was there anything I did wrong, or I should avoid to keep that from happening again?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:07 AM
kadukuchelu

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZELLE View Post
NRG, you have a post at XDA of your 23088 ROM. Can it be downloaded to a Sprint Touch Pro
that is strictley for gsm phones dont download it.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Talking Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Thank you for the info and no I haven't download it since I wasn't sure it was for CDMA.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:15 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hob0d4n View Post
what happened to the other ROMS? like the 21864? and is 23504 stable? sorry if its a repost
nrgz apparently did some housecleaning and took down a lot of the ROM's
23504 was great IMO, nrgz said he's done with it and 23088 is his current 23xxx build of choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZELLE View Post
NRG, you have a post at XDA of your 23088 ROM. Can it be downloaded to a Sprint Touch Pro
nrgz uses xda for his GSM ROM's and ppcg for his CDMA stuff. Dont flash a GSM ROM to your TP, you wont be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honduranthunder View Post
so..yeah. noob here.. Once I flashed the Nov14 sense rom, I liked it immediately.. however, I almost got into a lot trouble.. I started loading all my cabs, and preferences up.. did some tweaks.. like the file cache tweak to increase performance.. used lumos, and voice command.. basic stuff. Then, I soft reset.. and when my phone tried to launch HTC "Sense" ...it couldn't. so, I tried to hard reset, but couldn't either.. scared the crap out of me.. lol. I eventually reflashed, and now I'm good.. My question is.. Was there anything I did wrong, or I should avoid to keep that from happening again?
Hard to know with out more details but I'm guessing that it was possible a mod to Sense that did it. Sense is more temperamental at the moment than TouchFlo was. Always turn off Sense before installing any mods, then turn it back on. Just a guess

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-17-2009 at 02:24 AM. Reason: typo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor

I was reading a threefaces manual...and it said if a problem keeps following you after reflashing to a custom rom.. you should flash back to stock rom.. Is it best to always flash back to stock rom before flashing to custom rom? Just curious because I've been flashing from custom to custom and I'm starting to wonder if that hurts the performance.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

spitfire122 is a n00b

is the nov 14th build performance increase? im using manila 2.1 from oct 28th because sms/texting didnt work right in landscape mode. also, texting was rather slow response in newer builds
Old 11-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by honduranthunder View Post
I was reading a threefaces manual...and it said if a problem keeps following you after reflashing to a custom rom.. you should flash back to stock rom.. Is it best to always flash back to stock rom before flashing to custom rom? Just curious because I've been flashing from custom to custom and I'm starting to wonder if that hurts the performance.
IMO yes. As we jump ROM to ROM we run the risk of files being written to the wrong location, causing headaches. The stock flash includes a radio change and ensures things get put in their correct location.
The most obvious sign of the need for the Stock Flashdance is random hard or soft resets.
You dont need to do it everytime, I do, but I'd really recommend it when going between completely different ROM's, different manila versions, or different WM releases. If the Chef comes out with an update to the ROM your running you'd probably be safe without it. I'd still do it but then I'm weird that way
Old 11-17-2009, 02:42 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
nrgz apparently did some housecleaning and took down a lot of the ROM's
23504 was great IMO, nrgz said he's done with it and 23088 is his current 23xxx build of choice

23088 is gone. 21864 is in its place. Which is better?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:49 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire122 View Post
is the nov 14th build performance increase? im using manila 2.1 from oct 28th because sms/texting didnt work right in landscape mode. also, texting was rather slow response in newer builds
The current Nov 14th release is manila 2.5 which in not as stable as 2.1
I love it but if stability is your primary concern you may not want to flash.
The 2.5 builds are still technically Test ROM's though I've been on them since nrgz released the first one and I think it rocks. I'm into tweaking and trying to figure stuff out, that's how I roll
The two 2.1 releases are WM 23504 which is the start menu on bottom, and are excellent, stable ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
23088 is gone. 21864 is in its place. Which is better?
Personal choice my friend. 23xxx builds are better IMO because the UI is much more finger friendly, esp when you get into the menus and sub-menus. Both are stable, it's the manila version that may cause hiccups.
If your into custom taskbars, there hasnt been much development of 23xxx taskbars afaik.
Not sure why nrgz took down the 23088, maybe because he's working something new? I stated 23088 was his 23xxx build of choice because that's the last thing I've seen him say on the matter.

EDIT: 21xxx builds=WM 6.5, Start menu on top. 23xxx builds=WM 6.5.1, start menu on bottom

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-17-2009 at 03:01 AM. Reason: word choice. EDIT=clarity
Old 11-17-2009, 03:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the 23088 nov 14th build is gone! im stuck with the 21xxx build ( which i am adverse to using as i like the start button on the bottom) or using the nov 13 23088 test build NRGZ first put out... ah man what am i to do ? i had flashed to stock already in prep for a flashdance .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro