View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 02:38 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by honduranthunder View Post
I was reading a threefaces manual...and it said if a problem keeps following you after reflashing to a custom rom.. you should flash back to stock rom.. Is it best to always flash back to stock rom before flashing to custom rom? Just curious because I've been flashing from custom to custom and I'm starting to wonder if that hurts the performance.
IMO yes. As we jump ROM to ROM we run the risk of files being written to the wrong location, causing headaches. The stock flash includes a radio change and ensures things get put in their correct location.
The most obvious sign of the need for the Stock Flashdance is random hard or soft resets.
You dont need to do it everytime, I do, but I'd really recommend it when going between completely different ROM's, different manila versions, or different WM releases. If the Chef comes out with an update to the ROM your running you'd probably be safe without it. I'd still do it but then I'm weird that way