PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

With the Keep My Tones program do i have to set a ringer for each one one by one?

Is there a way i can set it to ring for all?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jorpe is just getting started
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

has there been a fix for the word suggestions that come up in green when you're tying?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:33 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philj0nes View Post
I love, love, love this ROM. Seriously slick; seriously works. I've tried a number of ROMs. Many were good, but this is the one that I kept. The hard work clearly paid off. Thank you!

I want to add a +1 to the keyboard issue described below. Anyone know of a solution?

Also, does anyone know how to change color of the message count number background that appears over your text or mail icons (in standard mode, manilla)? I find the blue color easy to miss, and would like to change them back to yellow to stand out more. Thanks for any advice.

PS. I'm running EnergyROM_23081_HERMAN_25.Oct.2009_Standard
If you're on the 2.1 ROMs from Oct. 25th, my Guide should have everything you need to fix the keyboard and also offers some theme suggestions ofr changing the notification icons. These will not work in 2.5 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwarce View Post
Has anyone tried changing the Left and Right Softkek using Softkey Manager? It shows them as changed in the program with a check box next to HTC Diamond Mode and without. After I save and soft reset it just stays with ACTION and MENU. Any help? I am currently using EnergyROM Nov 5 21864 Manila2.5
This won't work on the 2.5 builds. I got the white clock working and have a set of slider icons that I've yet to test...other than that, no mods from 2.1 are working on 2.5.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:38 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican2302 View Post
With the Keep My Tones program do i have to set a ringer for each one one by one?

Is there a way i can set it to ring for all?
Keep My Tones is a very simple program. Basically, you need to have all of your ringtones and sound notifications set. Then, use the program to create a backup file on your storage card. After a flash, you can restore ALL of your custom ringers and tones without going through the settings screen to do each manually.

The second part of this is how to best backup/restore the sound files. I suggest MyPhone...it works well and will put all of your sound files back in the proper location.

Combine this with Keep My Tones and you're good.

If you can't get the sounds working on 2.5, maybe roll back to a version that you have working. Set everything up...back it up with Keep My Tones...flash back to 2.5 and restore.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

So The KEEPMyTones has no option to set a general ringer?

I disabled HTC sense Went to sound & notifications Set the ringer

Installed Keep My tones

Then when the list of contacts pop up under ring it all says no & i cant set it to yes
Old 11-06-2009, 04:40 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorpe View Post
has there been a fix for the word suggestions that come up in green when you're tying?
Not a fix, but you can turn off word suggestion. Go to the Settings Tab and look in "Locale and Text". There should be settings there that effect the input...like symbol lock, typing sounds, spell correction, and T9.

Rock.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Keep My Tones is a very simple program. Basically, you need to have all of your ringtones and sound notifications set. Then, use the program to create a backup file on your storage card. After a flash, you can restore ALL of your custom ringers and tones without going through the settings screen to do each manually.

The second part of this is how to best backup/restore the sound files. I suggest MyPhone...it works well and will put all of your sound files back in the proper location.

Combine this with Keep My Tones and you're good.

If you can't get the sounds working on 2.5, maybe roll back to a version that you have working. Set everything up...back it up with Keep My Tones...flash back to 2.5 and restore.
Its not like i have special ringer set up for anyone in my phone just one ringtone for everyone

But i will try what you said

Thnx..
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I got the white clock working and have a set of slider icons that I've yet to test...other than that, no mods from 2.1 are working on 2.5.

Did you do anything special to get it working? I'm assuming just a turn off of HTC Sense, install, SB, turn on HTC Sense.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAlaniz View Post
I had the same problem when I first flashed the Nov. 5th version. All I did was do a hard reset and poof! Problem solved. Ringers are loud and clear! It's worth a shot if you haven't done so already.
Ouch... mine won't ring either. Did my typical flashing routine for new ROMs that I've used on hundreds of flashes... no ringer... wow. This is going to be fun to chase down to figure out what is stopping it and it's not like I install anything crazy, just a few apps and my email.

All my other sounds work great...the ringer even plays if I manually go click it in sounds/notifications settings.

EDIT: Nevermind...soft reset and it is fine. Will keep an eye on it though.

Last edited by digiblur; 11-06-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mdsevol is just getting started

Im doing the same as you ThreeFaces, I have some cabs im toying with to see what I can get running on yesterdays 2.5 release. Im about to do a reset now to see.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro