PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 03:37 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussmanne View Post
This is an awesome ROM, thank you for all your hard work and frequent updates.

I'm running a build from 10/14 Two issues that I've had, and searched for resolution on:

1. Adding MSVC, I've tried a number of different methods. All of them give me error messages when installing and don't work. Usually hear the beep and nothing more when connected to my bluetooth headset.

2. When I send messages using the TFlow SMS interface I don't see that my message has been sent, and it doesn't show up in the SMS thread on either the TFlow interface or the default SMS inbox.

Thank you in advance for any help!

The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.
LMAO @ the disclaimer

MSVC gives an error but usually works anyway.
Did for me.

Did you run the remove SMS cab and then run Acrsoft SMS/MMS cab?
That should fix you up.
All info and links are in threefaces' guide.

You should update to one of the latest roms for better support here.
We are all pretty much running the latest and we have to actually think back on fixes for some of the older builds.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Hey man I noticed in your thread for MSVC you did not have the cab. Here it is. You can add this to your thread. I guess my apology gift to you.

And yes it is freeware.

Also thanks for the NFS gsen thing. I have been looking all over for the "NFS game that Has gsen" and all along I had the game but just needed this fix.
Glad the link helped ya Bro, but it's not MY thread, just thought it'd be helpful to have quicker access to the ROM's thread attached files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Sorry winmo but I have to chime in here.

The cab for bilbobrians taskbar is easily obtained from HIS thread at xda-developers.com. I don't think winmo ever posted the actual cab, just a link to xda. If you searched the taskbar name (it was given) and winmo's name together you would have found it in two jiggles of beyonces backside! XDA is free to register and is pretty sweet as well, chances are you will end up needing to go there sooner or later anyway for other things so you may as well register and have access.

Not trying to be an "a$$hole" either but we have an issue with this thread getting cluttered with perpetual questions that can be easily ansewred if users would attempt to look first & ask (some repeatedly) second. Many people pop in the thread see it is several pages long and just type a question without looking at all or very hard. All attachments EVER posted in the thread are accessible buy clicking the paper clip beside the thread name in the cdma tp upgrades forum, yet we have 100 people a day ask for a cab that is right there, multiple times (another issue of redundancy we won't discuss, msvc is in there 7 times). Google is the shizz, f you use it to search the whole internet you will be amazed at how easy it is to find anything. I hit it up for the bilbobrian taskbar and had over 20 results and the first one was for his xda thread, the home of the cab. SOOO it's not that some of us are trying to be mean or not like you or other users that get told to search, it's just that we know how easy it is and how much more effort it takes to post mutpile times asking others to hand out directly what it is you are looking for and then get pissed when the thread is too long to quickly find things. It is a vicious circle we are attempting to break brother, no hard feelings.
+1 Dude. I try to post the link whenever possible so the proper party is credited. I knew the cab was already there so that's why I didnt post the link again (should have though)
Once more, suggesting Search is the best way to learn IMO. I am NEVER trying to be a d*ck and prevent someone from getting what they need (not saying anyone said I was). I've learned a ton here and I'm always just trying to helpout and pass along the 411.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:58 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

You can also use the Gsen fix to do other things besides play NFS.
It works great with Spore and can be used for other games and apps.
Just edit the file.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

Pressing volume gives me ugly generic (white background) dual volume sliders.

Is there a cab to make it single slider to control both?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:09 PM
The Rootinator

You can install other 3rd party volume controlers like Volumex and such.
HTC volume controls don't work on the new builds right now.

There may be a way to skin the default volume but I have not tried yet.

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-28-2009 at 05:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Cochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Cochoz Send a message via MSN to Cochoz Send a message via Yahoo to Cochoz

Does anyone have the cab to get rid of the SMS count?
Old 10-28-2009, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jediyuhdigg is becoming a great contributor

anyone else's battery meter remains full even though its not?

edit: downloaded biblobrian's taskbar for 6.5.1, just gives percentage of battery now.. i like it
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=562251

Last edited by jediyuhdigg; 10-28-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Lurker

Akshay00 is a n00b

I'm sorry if this has been posted before. I am using the latest 6.5 build. I thought the only way to wake the phone up was with the power button. It seems like my phone randomly wakes up when a hardware key is pressed. This is a huge problem when the phone is in my pocket. I have accidentally called people so many times because of this. VERY annoying. Anyone had this problem? Any solutions? Also, sometimes when I wake up the phone the screen is rotated as though the hardware keyboard is open. I love the ROM but these issues are driving me nuts!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:03 PM
N00b

rashire is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rashire

On build from Oct 25th, Sprint, not sure if any of this has been mentioned, reading through last few pages on 3g would take me hours.

Shift key does not function correctly, pressing shift once will not result in a capital letter, pressing shift twice does but locks into caps lock.

Tab key does not function propperly. No app i've uses yet has registered the tab key.

GPS connection cause device to crash and restart. Same result when using google maps and tom tom.

I recently switched to this rom and i am enjoying it just a few slight bugs i encountered and wanted to make sure where addressed.

Just to add a recommendation though would be to have a link to showcase at bottom right where X button is normally in touch flo.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Lurker

hussmanne is a n00b
Smile Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
LMAO @ the disclaimer

MSVC gives an error but usually works anyway.
Did for me.

Did you run the remove SMS cab and then run Acrsoft SMS/MMS cab?
That should fix you up.
All info and links are in threefaces' guide.

You should update to one of the latest roms for better support here.
We are all pretty much running the latest and we have to actually think back on fixes for some of the older builds.
Thanks Root!

SMS working perfectly now. MSVC I'll try later tonight when I have my headset available. Will upgrade to newest version this weekend probably. I usually use SPB Backup full, and restore to save time. This gets buggy though, and I usually clean out and start over every few upgrades. What method do you use? Time to restore is my main reason for not updating every week or two.

Thanks again!

PS. I also love the disclaimer!

The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro