PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 12:32 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Now whenever we connect our phones to the PC or to the charge for a small amount of time, the voltage inside the regulators and capacitors peaks and the system does an initial slow discharge to prevent damage to the battery (since the battery still has some charge on it)...
Only problem with that is Lithium-ion batteries have built in memory to prevent over charging and they are meant to keep their charge memory.
They allow for a slow discharge when not in use.
It is not controlled completely by the device itself.

My thoughts.
The problem isn't the charge in the device but rather the device memory of the charge in the battery.
Draining the battery and then flashing the device to NEW status then fully re-charging the device seems to be key.
The battery will remember it's charge but reseting the device to fully accept a full charge sometimes works. Has for me in going from under 8 hours to over 14-15 hours.

That being said, repeat partial charging of the battery is said to over time wear out the longevity of the battery life.
Materials in the battery such as anode, cathode, and electrolytes over time may lose their charge or the ability to take a full charge.
IMO that has nothing to do with the device but it has to do with repeat partial charge to those materials.
Those materials last longer when they are allowed to burn the charge completely and then be recharged.

Letting the battery fully discharge from time to time will help make the battery last longer.
Turning the device off for at least 5 minutes a day will help the device components last longer as well.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

Viper Matrix Wireless is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

I remembered a problem I had on this ROM it doesnt include Voice Command so you have to install it yourself but when u do it shows an error saying the certificate is invalid. How would you fix this,
Old 10-05-2009, 12:41 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Oh and I forgot to add.
It isn't the device over heating the battery usually but more like the materials in the battery being charged and used at the same time.
Most battery heating takes place when the device is in use and being charged.
The battery has to work twice as hard to push power and also pull power in.

I would not use the battery while being charged as that will most likely over time and probably a short time, cause the battery life to fail.
If you have to use it while charging, keep it to a minimum.
Talking on it and charging it will cause the most heating issues because talking pulls the most power from the battery and the battery is working super hard to keep it's charge.

Sorta like rubbing two surfaces together causes friction.
Power going in and power going out at high levels.

Also these are just my thoughts so take it how you wish.
I am not a doctor........ or an engineer.

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-05-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:41 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Matrix Wireless View Post
I remembered a problem I had on this ROM it doesnt include Voice Command so you have to install it yourself but when u do it shows an error saying the certificate is invalid. How would you fix this,
Ignore the error.
App still works great.
No fix needed.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 Touch Pro 2, Apache (still working great)
Carrier: ALL SERO, ALL THE TIME with android

EJFudd is a n00b

I just wanted to say that I love your roms!!

What is the best process of resetting my personal settings when I run a new energy ROM? I'm always so eager to get the new ROM's but I spend to much time resetting things to my personal settings. Just your thoughts.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond Pro

sofakingtyte is a n00b

I loaded this up last night and i love it, my favorite rom so far.... thanks man awesome work
Old 10-05-2009, 01:47 AM
The Rootinator

Search Sashimi and read threefaces guide and it links to a great Sashimi guide.
Re-installing files and settings is a breeze.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:17 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Search Sashimi and read threefaces guide and it links to a great Sashimi guide.
Re-installing files and settings is a breeze.
+1 on sashimi! +1 on checking out Threefaces giuide for all sorts of down low on the best ROM available for our devices, NRG!

Stay NRGized!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied2u View Post
Does anyone know if there's a way to run telenav on USCC phones? Not just sprint?
Hey, I found an app called WAZE. it is free and has turn by turn directions if you are looking for a decent gps app for your winmo device.

here is the link: http://www.waze.com/

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:26 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Has anyone with energy been able to connect to the marketplace? I see where some other rom users have had success but I cant connect to the server.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro