PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
The settings have to be somewhere on this board, I'll do a search for it. It find it most useful to use google search (site: pcgeeks.com __________ )
Ok, I found it on the XDA forums. I tried it and it works!

Code:
HomeLSKArguments (or HomeRSKArguments) : modify value to "Contacts"
HomeLSKPath  (or HomeLSKPath ) : modify value to "\windows\poutlook.exe"
HomeLSKText (or HomeLSKText) : modify value to "Contacts" (for exemple)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...46&postcount=9
Old 04-19-2009, 12:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Ok, I found it on the XDA forums. I tried it and it works!

Code:
HomeLSKArguments (or HomeRSKArguments) : modify value to "Contacts"
HomeLSKPath  (or HomeLSKPath ) : modify value to "\windows\poutlook.exe"
HomeLSKText (or HomeLSKText) : modify value to "Contacts" (for exemple)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...46&postcount=9
You're on the right track but the mapping I'm looking for switches to the manila "all people" view you get when you are on the contacts tab. I had it once but stupidly deleted the exact reg keys. Doh.

Like my work? Hit
Old 04-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

iAmNotorious is just getting started

I love this rom.. extremely fast. Thank you! One question.. how would I enable the rhodium start menu? Is there a cab somewhere?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmNotorious View Post
I love this rom.. extremely fast. Thank you! One question.. how would I enable the rhodium start menu? Is there a cab somewhere?
There are cabs around, check the main rhodium page on xda. It's just a matter of flipping a few registry bits, really.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Zayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

here you go
Attached Files
File Type: cab Manila Enable start menu tab.cab (1.1 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-19-2009, 02:00 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayebis View Post
here you go
I think you might also have to get rid of the programs tab, otherwise every time you launch a program from there it will activate the start menu. I think................... Frankly I played around with it and it was too buggy. Again it's just my personal opinion, but the one thing that did in the new start menu for good was that the "All Settings" button sometimes breaks on the "Settings" tab. Just how the F#!$ are you supposed to see the control panel then??
Old 04-19-2009, 02:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Zayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
I think you might also have to get rid of the programs tab, otherwise every time you launch a program from there it will activate the start menu. I think................... Frankly I played around with it and it was too buggy. Again it's just my personal opinion, but the one thing that did in the new start menu for good was that the "All Settings" button sometimes breaks on the "Settings" tab. Just how the F#!$ are you supposed to see the control panel then??
dude I think you wanted to quote someone else , not me . he wanted the cab so I posted the cab . I personally hate manila start menu
Old 04-19-2009, 02:48 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayebis View Post
dude I think you wanted to quote someone else , not me . he wanted the cab so I posted the cab . I personally hate manila start menu
Oops, just hit 'quote' too quick, heh.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

lordhelmet is becoming a great contributor

As far as the soft keys go, it doesn't matter what you map them to. It is easy enough to remap them with Key Swop, Diamond Tweaks, Advanced Config, and a number of other programs. I like to have the phone mapped since my hard key for the dialer maps itself to Resco Contacts and I have not figured out how to undo this. Just have the phone somewhere in there where I can map it. Doesn't have to be in the Start Menu. And for what is worth, I have found that setting my batter poll interval at 2250 improves battery life.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:18 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post
As far as the soft keys go, it doesn't matter what you map them to. It is easy enough to remap them with Key Swop, Diamond Tweaks, Advanced Config, and a number of other programs. I like to have the phone mapped since my hard key for the dialer maps itself to Resco Contacts and I have not figured out how to undo this. Just have the phone somewhere in there where I can map it. Doesn't have to be in the Start Menu. And for what is worth, I have found that setting my batter poll interval at 2250 improves battery life.
Are you sure about setting the poll interval so low? It sounds contrary, but I *believe* that the lower the number, the less frequently it checks the battery... I set mine down to 1250, ran with wifi, bt and gps on and it sat at 45% for a good 30 minutes. Soft reset and it said 35%. I highly doubt a soft-reset took up 10% power, so I wonder if my battery % just wasn't updating.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development