PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 07:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
Psyki,

Is there a specific reason that you didn't include MS Voice Command with this rom? Will it hinder performanance or cause some other problem?

Also, can someone send my the HTC Util cab. I unistalled it by accident and I cant find it in my windows folder (even though I have show all files checked).

Tp
I believe it installs some sort of resident application I thought might get in the way. I've never used it even once it so it didn't go in.

Like my work? Hit
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
"very fast" is subjective. can you post your VSBenchmark2007 score to back up your claim?
Are any other chefs posting their benchmarks? Didn't think so.

...let the pissing contest begin...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan7 View Post
I have install Rodium fuseberry mamilla ii on top of your rom. Everythings works great ,looks even nice , except youtube , its saying cannot play this video is there any fix for this ? Also if we want to change different opera to diffult the latest opera is there any fix ? Thanks in advance.
Earlier someone said they had a problem playing video with Youtube but then apparently they got it to work *shrug*. If you have a CAB for the latest Opera it should install just fine. I'll try and stay on top of the latest OEMs when I release a new ROM, although I will most likely include Iris browser (as well as Opera) in the next release.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, epic touch 4g & evo 3d

nathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Earlier someone said they had a problem playing video with Youtube but then apparently they got it to work *shrug*. If you have a CAB for the latest Opera it should install just fine. I'll try and stay on top of the latest OEMs when I release a new ROM, although I will most likely include Iris browser (as well as Opera) in the next release.

Thank you, By the way whatever people says this is best Rom subjective and objective and physically, see your popularity growing very fast that show how good your work is ! Thank you
Old 04-17-2009, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I truly hope this thread does NOT turn into any kind of pissing contest, and I certainly did not mean to pass judgement on any other ROM or chefs. Far from it. Without them I wouldn't have even bothered to make my own! Every chef has his own personal preferences and standards. I feel what I've brought to the table is a very consistent and complete package that works well out of the box with little need for modification or fixes. As I've said before I pretty much built it for me, then decided to share it online

Thanks again for all the kind words!!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
I truly hope this thread does NOT turn into any kind of pissing contest, and I certainly did not mean to pass judgement on any other ROM or chefs. Far from it. Without them I wouldn't have even bothered to make my own! Every chef has his own personal preferences and standards. I feel what I've brought to the table is a very consistent and complete package that works well out of the box with little need for modification or fixes. As I've said before I pretty much built it for me, then decided to share it online

Thanks again for all the kind words!!
Hey me neither. Adding "VERY FAST" to the ROM title is fine by me. I don't need benchmarks - and really, the Chef's opinion of how fast his/her ROM is, is fine with me. But it seems others (name begins with a j and ends with a 47) wants them. Personally psyki, I don't think you should even bother. Don't even listen to him...people can flash and see for themselves.

Last edited by cmajewsk; 04-17-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

rtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have flashed my Touch Pro over 100 times now and have tried just about every ROM in the CDMA Touch Pro thread (at least that's what I think).

But, after flashing this ROM, I am just amazed... I mean, I really have no words to describe how fast and stable this ROM is. Its been running really smooth so far with all my programs installed... Loving it, man! Keep up the good work! Please let me know if I can be of any help..!

I still can't believe that this is your first ROM.. I mean the level of detail and efficiency... TOO GOOD!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, epic touch 4g & evo 3d

nathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
I have flashed my Touch Pro over 100 times now and have tried just about every ROM in the CDMA Touch Pro thread (at least that's what I think).

But, after flashing this ROM, I am just amazed... I mean, I really have no words to describe how fast and stable this ROM is. Its been running really smooth so far with all my programs installed... Loving it, man! Keep up the good work! Please let me know if I can be of any help..!

I still can't believe that this is your first ROM.. I mean the level of detail and efficiency... TOO GOOD!

Yes really great work, everything working perfactly can't say more,
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Are any other chefs posting their benchmarks? Didn't think so.

...let the pissing contest begin...
Not sure what you mean, I always post my benchmarks. I'm not trying to put the chef down, I'm curious as to what the benchmark is to see how fast it is. I'm not trying to stir up controversy if that's what you thought.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Here are the results, decide for yourself what they mean. I see the program mentioned in threads quite a bit but couldn't find much hard data.

FINAL SCORE: 6737
Graphics: 2203
Others: 2465
JPEG: 26174 (?)
Games: 1778
Sound: 1069

According to some old posts I found:
Juicy 4.11 (now up to 6 I believe?) - 6997
KK's Loaded ROM v1.3 - 2546-2522

*shrug*
Thanks for posting. Yes if you're scoring 6737 that is relatively fast (regardless of the JPEG test skewing numbers). I'm working on my 7 series rom now. Will post benchmarks soon.

Just an FYI though, my score above (and as always) is with a 16mb PP, not 24mb

Cheers!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development