PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,6800,6700

abomb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Re: [4-22-09] KK's Loaded ROM v2.0Final Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
I have to ask... is this thread quiet due to lack of issues or interest?
I can't imagine it's for lack of interest. Your 1.8 ROM was the one that I found worked for me. It had a few problems: no landscape TF3D, and no auto camera rotate, and various times when programs would not load because of lack of ram. I was very much looking forward to the upgrade.

As I posted above, I am having trouble with my phone (Verizon XV6850 on Verizon, your ROM, and TouchFlo3d) One responder said that maybe the Verizon TP doesn't have enough RAM. This doesn't seem to be the problem as I did a hard reset this morning and without importing my data the ROM runs great and TouchFlo3D hasn't crashed once yet, even after stress testing by launching many programs etc, answering calls, etc.

I have continued testing today. I copied the PIM Backup archive to the machine via Active Sync using windows XP. Upon running PIM Backup -> Restore function on the contacts only, TouchFlo 3D crashed as soon as the Restore operation completed. I have 300+ contacts.
Upon Soft Reset the Memory Settings tab is showing 45.30 MB free with out TouchFlo 3D running. I can get TouchFlow 3D to start and as soon as it does it shows 32.05 MB free, but it only stays running for 3-5 seconds before it crashes and frees back up to 45.38 MB of program memmory.

The only thing I changed between having a working stable ROM and a non-working crashy ROM is to restore my contacts on to the device.

Please help, I really think this is the best ROM for me, and I've put too much time Flashing everyone elses CRAP. Is there a fix?

So the question stands can this ROM be used on Verizon?

Thanks,
ABOMB
Old 04-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: [4-22-09] KK's Loaded ROM v2.0Final Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015]

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomb View Post
I can't imagine it's for lack of interest. Your 1.8 ROM was the one that I found worked for me. It had a few problems: no landscape TF3D, and no auto camera rotate, and various times when programs would not load because of lack of ram. I was very much looking forward to the upgrade.

As I posted above, I am having trouble with my phone (Verizon XV6850 on Verizon, your ROM, and TouchFlo3d) One responder said that maybe the Verizon TP doesn't have enough RAM. This doesn't seem to be the problem as I did a hard reset this morning and without importing my data the ROM runs great and TouchFlo3D hasn't crashed once yet, even after stress testing by launching many programs etc, answering calls, etc.

I have continued testing today. I copied the PIM Backup archive to the machine via Active Sync using windows XP. Upon running PIM Backup -> Restore function on the contacts only, TouchFlo 3D crashed as soon as the Restore operation completed. I have 300+ contacts.
Upon Soft Reset the Memory Settings tab is showing 45.30 MB free with out TouchFlo 3D running. I can get TouchFlow 3D to start and as soon as it does it shows 32.05 MB free, but it only stays running for 3-5 seconds before it crashes and frees back up to 45.38 MB of program memmory.

The only thing I changed between having a working stable ROM and a non-working crashy ROM is to restore my contacts on to the device.

Please help, I really think this is the best ROM for me, and I've put too much time Flashing everyone elses CRAP. Is there a fix?

So the question stands can this ROM be used on Verizon?
Have you tried to reduce the pagepool down to 6meg?

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: [4-22-09] KK's Loaded ROM v2.0Final Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015]

One of the reasons I asked the question about interest is 6.5. I was beginning to wonder if I should spend the time and effort. I have a semi working build of my loaded rom on 6.5 (without manila). If folks are showing interest, I move forward and eventually release K Squared v0.1.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic

i've been running it since you released it and its running fine, i just uninstalled the battery thing on top of the screen and did some other minor installs/uninstalls and its running like a champ. if your next release is 6.5 i'll just stick with this. 6.5 sucks imo. maybe if you could get the 6.1 startmenu i would use it with tf3d but i refuse to use that other crapy menu.

thanks for the release, no issues here.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
One of the reasons I asked the question about interest is 6.5. I was beginning to wonder if I should spend the time and effort. I have a semi working build of my loaded rom on 6.5 (without manila). If folks are showing interest, I move forward and eventually release K Squared v0.1.
3 things about your post just excited me

1. wm 6.5
2. without manila
3. k squared v0.1

Now, I'll explain:
Admittedly I am a little curious about wm 6.5. I'm afraid it still might be a little buggy, but if if you give it your stamp of approval, then dammit, I've got to try it. I have read that 6.5 is supposedly better on battery life, although I'm not really sure.A lso, one reason I haven't switched to another rom is that I don't want to have to find all the right cabs I need.

Secondly, I'd absolutely LOVE your rom without manila. I know we waited sooo long for tp 2 port, but now I don't even use it at all. (spb MS 3.0 is way too good) Not preinstalling any kind of shell allows the end user to choose the one he/she likes. They can either install tf3d2 themselves, buy spb MS 3.0, or use the new WM 6.5 today screen. Gives more options this way.

Third, although I really do like the sig image I made for you, k squared does lend itself to a neat graphic. I think just having an image using the K and a superscripted 2 and not saying rom or anything, would be pretty cool. This is a little random, but I'm on a sig image craze after making the Radio image tags.

Anyways, you do great work, and I look forward to anything you'd like to try.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 04-25-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98classic View Post
maybe if you could get the 6.1 startmenu i would use it with tf3d but i refuse to use that other crapy menu.
I second that! I really dislike the 6.5 Start Menu.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:05 PM
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
if your next release is 6.5 i'll just stick with this. 6.5 sucks imo.
Maybe Kev's wouldn't. I just question the stability of it, I might be willing to at least give it a try though, especially with no tf3d. I don't mind wm 6.1, I'm just always looking for better battery life.

Quote:
maybe if you could get the 6.1 startmenu i would use it with tf3d but i refuse to use that other crapy menu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
I second that! I really dislike the 6.5 Start Menu.
I don't think it looks that bad, but:
Don't know if this'll work with wm 6.5, but you can change your start menu with Start Menu Button Hook.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sliverr7x is keeping up the good worksliverr7x is keeping up the good work

IMO 6.5 is not very user freindly.. you have to do twice as much work when moving around in programs and settings you always have to start over I hate that... I think 6.1 is pretty solid and as far as your newest rom I love it and dont want to change but I can not find a fix to get viigo loaded and that is my fav program and going to have to get some other rom that will load it... Can you try to fix that KK... thanks for the good and fast rom.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:03 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post

Secondly, I'd absolutely LOVE your rom without manila. I know we waited sooo long for tp 2 port, but now I don't even use it at all. (spb MS 3.0 is way too good) Not preinstalling any kind of shell allows the end user to choose the one he/she likes. They can either install tf3d2 themselves, buy spb MS 3.0, or use the new WM 6.5 today screen. Gives more options this way.
You get my vote for not installing TF3D. SPB MS 3.0 Rocks and just plain kills TF3D.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO - VirusROM

SnoopDawg is keeping up the good workSnoopDawg is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I believe that TF3D from the Rhodium ROMS targeted 6.5 (at least that is what they demoed with both the Touch Pro 2/Diamond 2) versions.

You may also have to have a hybird SYS to find out what works the best.

I have also heard that there are ways to invoke the honeycomb menu that was hated.. Options are always good..

I tried the SPB MS 3.0, other than the carousel, it was OK. The facebook, face plants and doesn't work. Tons of peeps complaining in the threads about it not working.

If TF3D is installed, you can always disable it and run SPB MS 3.0.

KK, I believe it would be worth it. I also believe that we could tightly QA the applications to find out what works and update versions like NetFlix.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development