PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

pbg225 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-22-09] KK's Loaded ROM v2.0Final Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015]

first off i really like your work KK ive tried a few roms and urs are by far the best, but i do have a couple of issues

i cant get the weather database to load either, and when i just ttry to add the city closest to me the old fashion way it was compelty messed up information, it was like 90 degrees in hartford today and the weather tab showed 32!
EDIT: My bad haha it was defaulted with Celsius and im used to Fahrenheit! doesnt anyone use the lil c or f anymore!?

This may not be a bug, but something that slightly annoys me, when i open a text and then slide the keyboard to type a response i cant automatically start typing, i have to touch the response section again to get the typing to go where i want it...anyone have a fix for that

and finally im still having issues with the message tab showing new texts when it shouldnt/having to open up my messages several times to clear them.

not deal crushers, and if need be ill suffer through them, but if anyone has any fixes id be appreciative towards you for life

Last edited by pbg225; 04-26-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [4-22-09] KK's Loaded ROM v2.0Final Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbg225 View Post
This may not be a bug, but something that slightly annoys me, when i open a text and then slide the keyboard to type a response i cant automatically start typing, i have to touch the response section again to get the typing to go where i want it...anyone have a fix for that

and finally im still having issues with the message tab showing new texts when it shouldnt/having to open up my messages several times to clear them.
Yeah, I hated having to touch the response section again to start typing when I slid out the keyboard to reply to a message. It kept bringing up my phone book and looking up contacts. This is a problem with tf3d, haven't figured out how to fix it, sorry. you might want to skim through the xda thread.

Yeah, the new texts issue is still there, but not as bad as it was before. It hangs on me every now and then and still displays a new text, but it eventually goes away if I open text messages again.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

chadman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
I don't know why it is failing but SSMaHo is the application that overrides the worldclock with g-Alarm.
Anyway to just disable it?

Chad
Old 04-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

pbg225 is just getting started

just noticed something new, when hooking up to my pc and running active sync, the battery level does not change when i disconnect my pro, but if i soft reset the meter goes up....anyone else seen this?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:53 AM
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbg225 View Post
just noticed something new, when hooking up to my pc and running active sync, the battery level does not change when i disconnect my pro, but if i soft reset the meter goes up....anyone else seen this?
when you soft reset, yes sometimes the battery meter will go up. The 1% increments were a hack created by our very own no2chem. They are not perfectly accurate (especially in the 90's) and battery could fluctuate a couple percentage points.

Also, you phone should charge when you active sync it to you comp (unless you've disabled this).
Old 04-27-2009, 08:30 AM
N00b
Carrier: Bell Mobility

canuckgeek is a n00b

Loved 1.7, upgraded up to 2.0 and I'm not sure if I will stay or not. Like the new features and layout, but it seams to lag a bit more then 1.7. Going to try turning off the CPU clock thing from nue and see it that makes a difference.

Would love to see 6.5, only because it is new, no other good reason.

On bug that has come up that I can't explain is..... both Core player and Opera are for some reason defaulting to http://--switchtopage Manila://home.page.

Opera will load google.com homepage first then jump the the above link.

Core player will have it's play list wiped out on each load and pop an error about point to the above.

Real pain in the butt because I keep loosing my spot in my popcasts...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

chadman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadman View Post
Anyway to just disable it?

Chad
I still get this error every so often and would like to find a fix or a way to just disable it. I also wanted to note that I have TF3D off and I am using Mobile Shell 3 instead. Not sure if I am getting this error because TF3D is not being used? Anyway the ROM works great beside this error

Chad
Old 04-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,6800,6700

abomb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny486 View Post
Make sure AutoKill is turned off. look for autokill in the registry under taskmanager I think.
Before I saw this I switched over to Scott Crosler's SSK 1.8 Rom. I had to do a lot of customizing to get to the apps and creature comforts I've become accustomed to with KK 1.8 but I think I got it most of the way there.

It's days wasted on this crap I wish Windows would get their act together on Application distribution.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6850 Pro
Carrier: SprintPCS

slikgman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverr7x View Post
IMO 6.5 is not very user freindly.. you have to do twice as much work when moving around in programs and settings you always have to start over I hate that... I think 6.1 is pretty solid and as far as your newest rom I love it and dont want to change but I can not find a fix to get viigo loaded and that is my fav program and going to have to get some other rom that will load it... Can you try to fix that KK... thanks for the good and fast rom.
I am also wanting my viigo back, I have been looking for a replacement but I keep coming up short. I am going to try to go back to using AvantGo when i get home but I would like Viigo back. I also have a concern about why I am not able to install this app and how many other apps will I run into that will have this same problem, know one has addressed this problem yet from what I have read all I have seen is "use RSS" posted.

KK can you help us out on this one?
MightyROM 4/R3BORN
Spb Mobile Shell v3
Radio:
Old 04-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikgman View Post
I am also wanting my viigo back, I have been looking for a replacement but I keep coming up short. I am going to try to go back to using AvantGo when i get home but I would like Viigo back. I also have a concern about why I am not able to install this app and how many other apps will I run into that will have this same problem, know one has addressed this problem yet from what I have read all I have seen is "use RSS" posted.

KK can you help us out on this one?
I will but I don't know when. Soon I hope. Life is busy.

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development