View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 09:46 PM
kevank
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: [4-22-09] KK's Loaded ROM v2.0Final Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015]

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomb View Post
I can't imagine it's for lack of interest. Your 1.8 ROM was the one that I found worked for me. It had a few problems: no landscape TF3D, and no auto camera rotate, and various times when programs would not load because of lack of ram. I was very much looking forward to the upgrade.

As I posted above, I am having trouble with my phone (Verizon XV6850 on Verizon, your ROM, and TouchFlo3d) One responder said that maybe the Verizon TP doesn't have enough RAM. This doesn't seem to be the problem as I did a hard reset this morning and without importing my data the ROM runs great and TouchFlo3D hasn't crashed once yet, even after stress testing by launching many programs etc, answering calls, etc.

I have continued testing today. I copied the PIM Backup archive to the machine via Active Sync using windows XP. Upon running PIM Backup -> Restore function on the contacts only, TouchFlo 3D crashed as soon as the Restore operation completed. I have 300+ contacts.
Upon Soft Reset the Memory Settings tab is showing 45.30 MB free with out TouchFlo 3D running. I can get TouchFlow 3D to start and as soon as it does it shows 32.05 MB free, but it only stays running for 3-5 seconds before it crashes and frees back up to 45.38 MB of program memmory.

The only thing I changed between having a working stable ROM and a non-working crashy ROM is to restore my contacts on to the device.

Please help, I really think this is the best ROM for me, and I've put too much time Flashing everyone elses CRAP. Is there a fix?

So the question stands can this ROM be used on Verizon?
Have you tried to reduce the pagepool down to 6meg?

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.