PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723 (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
For all those who like to game on their devices. I found a post (can't remember where) that included the GAPI driver for WM, which fixes issues playing games like NFS.

Edit: Found it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532200
Need For Speed g-sen refused to run on a previous ROM I was running & this fix did not work.

~John
Old 08-10-2009, 02:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Great rom except one thing, when i go to sprints powerdeck site it says that my phone is a samsung ace II and this prevents the nascar sprint cup mobile app from fully functioning. is there any way to make my TP think its a TP again?
Old 08-10-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

BrianPAdams is keeping up the good workBrianPAdams is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj62mtp View Post
Great rom except one thing, when i go to sprints powerdeck site it says that my phone is a samsung ace II and this prevents the nascar sprint cup mobile app from fully functioning. is there any way to make my TP think its a TP again?
Open Opera and go to opera:config, then check your Custom User Agent setting under the user prefs section. change the setting to "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP"

That being said, every ROM that has come out with the new XIP has broken certain sprint apps that authenticate on Sprint's network, specifically SprintTV and PictureMail. Arcsoft works better than PictureMail anyway, and I don't use SprintTV, so it hasn't mattered to me, but this might affect that app too, I don't use it, so I don't know... Setting the Custom User Agent might not fix it...but it'll fix powerdeck not recognizing your phone. Specifically, the " Sprint PPC6850SP" at the end is what it's looking for.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianPAdams View Post
Open Opera and go to opera:config, then check your Custom User Agent setting under the user prefs section. change the setting to "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP"

That being said, every ROM that has come out with the new XIP has broken certain sprint apps that authenticate on Sprint's network, specifically SprintTV and PictureMail. Arcsoft works better than PictureMail anyway, and I don't use SprintTV, so it hasn't mattered to me, but this might affect that app too, I don't use it, so I don't know... Setting the Custom User Agent might not fix it...but it'll fix powerdeck not recognizing your phone. Specifically, the " Sprint PPC6850SP" at the end is what it's looking for.
The problem im having with powerdeck is happening in IE mobile not opera so..IDK
Old 08-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

wonthanhguy is a n00b

For some odd reason, my home screen doesn't show the tasks on my calendar. Anyone know why this is for this ROM? Or how I can fix it.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Need For Speed g-sen refused to run on a previous ROM I was running & this fix did not work.

~John
Quote:
For all those who like to game on their devices. I found a post (can't remember where) that included the GAPI driver for WM, which fixes issues playing games like NFS.

Edit: Found it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532200
I think when this fixed my issue I was running the version prior to current of Juicy. Oh well, ymmv, as always.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost

Ninjakills1 is a n00b

Quote:
Did you flash from stock straight to Juicy? Are you running Advanced Config?
---Thank you for responding---

1) Yes I did go straight from a stock rom to a Juicy.

2) No, what is the advance config...will i need this?

Thanks,
Ninjakills1
Old 08-10-2009, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakills1 View Post
---Thank you for responding---

1) Yes I did go straight from a stock rom to a Juicy.

2) No, what is the advance config...will i need this?

Thanks,
Ninjakills1
Nope - Some have reported issues with it causing problems with data connection. I haven't seen it but there are reports. I would flash back to stock and see if the problem still exists. If not then flash back to Juicy. I don't know if you are new to flashing or not, but remember to do a hard reset (clear storage) after you flash. Then test data (Internet) before installing any other programs. Then report back. It could simply be a bad flash.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianPAdams View Post

I've tried doing this several times in Opera but I cannot get the new text to 'stick'. Every time I close the opera then go back in a check, it's back to the original value. Am I missing something?

Thanx

Last edited by pmoreau; 08-10-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Boost

Ninjakills1 is a n00b

Quote:
Nope - Some have reported issues with it causing problems with data connection. I haven't seen it but there are reports. I would flash back to stock and see if the problem still exists. If not then flash back to Juicy. I don't know if you are new to flashing or not, but remember to do a hard reset (clear storage) after you flash. Then test data (Internet) before installing any other programs. Then report back. It could simply be a bad flash.
Yes, I'm new to flashing or updating ROM(s) and this was my first attempt at it. After I install the rom, i didn't do a hard reset right away bc after installing the new ROM it resetted itself so I assume there wouldn't be any additional need to do a hard resett?? Any how, I'm willing to try what you have suggested and I do have a few more questions to ask as well.

1) Couldn't I just try my luck installing another ROM and see if that will work (besides going back to the stock just yet and back to Juicy 8?

2) I wanted to try a installing a new theme and wonder will this affect any of the ROM functionality or just the looks of the layout?

3) And can I have a library of themes on my ppc to choose from when I want to change up the look of my ppc theme??

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development