PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: sprint

Drewman247 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Drewman247 Send a message via MSN to Drewman247 Send a message via Yahoo to Drewman247
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723 (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

I have questions about this rom.. I am unable to use the search thread before asking them. Does anybody know how I can search for my issues in this thread?

Drew
I am happy to search if it is available but, here are the problems if anyone cares to help.
My problems so far are:
PictureMail (I added it)
word completion and spellcheck during text
Touch Flo restarting when I try to add cities from the weather database .cab

Last edited by Drewman247; 08-10-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakills1 View Post
Yes, I'm new to flashing or updating ROM(s) and this was my first attempt at it. After I install the rom, i didn't do a hard reset right away bc after installing the new ROM it resetted itself so I assume there wouldn't be any additional need to do a hard resett?? Any how, I'm willing to try what you have suggested and I do have a few more questions to ask as well.
Quote:
1) Couldn't I just try my luck installing another ROM and see if that will work (besides going back to the stock just yet and back to Juicy 8?
Yes you could.

Quote:
2) I wanted to try a installing a new theme and wonder will this affect any of the ROM functionality or just the looks of the layout?
Shouldn't have adverse effects. Some themes are just new colors(very safe); some are very much more such as Showaco's BBExtreme, which changes much more in the Touch Flow 3D (Still safe but may change things more than you like).

Quote:
3) And can I have a library of themes on my ppc to choose from when I want to change up the look of my ppc theme??
Yes you could install multiple themes and then select which theme you want easily under settings > today > appearance (if it is a simple one). Some of the more complex ones such as BBExtreme have more complex install/uninstall instructions i.e:

Cab install:
1. Disable touchflo3d in phone Settings\Today\Items
2. Navigate to cab file and click/run it. Restart not necessary.
3. Re-enable touchflo3d in phone Settings\Today\Items
4. Go to touchflo3d Settings page and choose wallpaper. Wallpaper are installed into My Documents\My Pictures\Wallpaper.

To Uninstall:
1. Disable touchflo3d in phone Settings\Today\Items
2. Go to phone Settings\System\Remove Programs and remove the cab file.
3. Re-enable touchflo3d in phone Settings\Today\Items

The key is to read (alot) and experiment. Oh, and the hard reset after flashing is pretty much mandatory. There are really good reasons for this that are really complex, so just trust me and do it.

Let us know how you fare...
Old 08-10-2009, 08:47 PM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman247 View Post
I have questions about this rom.. I am unable to use the search thread before asking them. Does anybody know how I can search for my issues in this thread?

Drew
I am happy to search if it is available but, here are the problems if anyone cares to help.
My problems so far are:
PictureMail (I added it)
word completion and spellcheck during text
Touch Flo restarting when I try to add cities from the weather database .cab
Drew, Click on "Search this thread" above the first post on each page to search just this thread.

If you installed Sprint Picture Mail. Uninstall it and install "Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79" which can be found in the files section of this thread (go to the forum listings and click on the paperclip next to jusicy's thread).

What is your specific question regarding Word Completion and Spellcheck?

Did you install any external weather database editor?

Let us know.

Last edited by ahuskins; 08-10-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:48 PM
VIP Member

Juicy - Did you do it?
Old 08-10-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: sprint

Drewman247 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Drewman247 Send a message via MSN to Drewman247 Send a message via Yahoo to Drewman247

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Drew, Click on "Search this thread" above the first post on each page to search just this thread.

If you installed Sprint Picture Mail. Uninstall it and install "Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79" which can be found in the files section of this thread (go to the forum listings and click on the paperclip next to jusicy's thread).

What is your specific question regarding Word Completion and Spellcheck?

Did you install any external weather database editor?

Let us know.

I attempted to search like you told me.. However it tells me that the search function has been disabled.
I did install Robert Weather Database for TF3D
I am installing Arcsoft now

Do I have to have the XT9 function on to get the spell check and the appostrophies corrected? I really like the old school word completion from the 6800 but, I have not had too much luck in the past and gave up.. That is not a huge problem but, I would like it to work.

Last edited by Drewman247; 08-10-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I attempted to search like you told me.. However it tells me that the search function has been disabled.
I did install Robert Weather Database for TF3D
I am installing Arcsoft now

Do I have to have the XT9 function on to get the spell check and the appostrophies corrected? I really like the old school word completion from the 6800 but, I have not had too much luck in the past and gave up.. That is not a huge problem but, I would like it to work.
I have had the search feature do that to me as well. Seems to be working fine now though.
Uninstall the database program and install WeatherMaster Rhodium v2.2
If you still have issues with picmail you may need to run the cab "Sprint Picmail and Arcsoft uninstall". Not sure if that's the exact right name. It also should be in the files section if not search at XDA.
I don't use XT9 at all so I may not be able to help you there. I do believe that there are settings for the keyboard in the options. Check them out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:13 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Happens when the server is too busy...search function gets disabled.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

knives of ice is just getting started

has anyone had any problems receiving picture messages with this rom? i haven't been able to get any and never had problems in the past. any ideas on what the problem could be or a fix?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
I have had the search feature do that to me as well. Seems to be working fine now though.
Uninstall the database program and install WeatherMaster Rhodium v2.2
If you still have issues with picmail you may need to run the cab "Sprint Picmail and Arcsoft uninstall". Not sure if that's the exact right name. It also should be in the files section if not search at XDA.
I don't use XT9 at all so I may not be able to help you there. I do believe that there are settings for the keyboard in the options. Check them out.
have you notice that the weather master does not upload the pm hours correctly.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:47 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
have you notice that the weather master does not upload the pm hours correctly.
Not sure I follow.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development