View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 08:41 PM
ahuskins
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723 (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakills1 View Post
Yes, I'm new to flashing or updating ROM(s) and this was my first attempt at it. After I install the rom, i didn't do a hard reset right away bc after installing the new ROM it resetted itself so I assume there wouldn't be any additional need to do a hard resett?? Any how, I'm willing to try what you have suggested and I do have a few more questions to ask as well.
Quote:
1) Couldn't I just try my luck installing another ROM and see if that will work (besides going back to the stock just yet and back to Juicy 8?
Yes you could.

Quote:
2) I wanted to try a installing a new theme and wonder will this affect any of the ROM functionality or just the looks of the layout?
Shouldn't have adverse effects. Some themes are just new colors(very safe); some are very much more such as Showaco's BBExtreme, which changes much more in the Touch Flow 3D (Still safe but may change things more than you like).

Quote:
3) And can I have a library of themes on my ppc to choose from when I want to change up the look of my ppc theme??
Yes you could install multiple themes and then select which theme you want easily under settings > today > appearance (if it is a simple one). Some of the more complex ones such as BBExtreme have more complex install/uninstall instructions i.e:

Cab install:
1. Disable touchflo3d in phone Settings\Today\Items
2. Navigate to cab file and click/run it. Restart not necessary.
3. Re-enable touchflo3d in phone Settings\Today\Items
4. Go to touchflo3d Settings page and choose wallpaper. Wallpaper are installed into My Documents\My Pictures\Wallpaper.

To Uninstall:
1. Disable touchflo3d in phone Settings\Today\Items
2. Go to phone Settings\System\Remove Programs and remove the cab file.
3. Re-enable touchflo3d in phone Settings\Today\Items

The key is to read (alot) and experiment. Oh, and the hard reset after flashing is pretty much mandatory. There are really good reasons for this that are really complex, so just trust me and do it.

Let us know how you fare...