PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *21 Feb* UPD 15: SSK 1.5M *8* OS Kitchen inc WM6.5 Build 21159 and OS 21015 ROM -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamokazi View Post
You're not bricked until the screen won't turn on...don't worry

The first thing I would try is a hard reset...they way to do this on the Verizon Touch Pro is to Hold the Center Dpad button, and press the reset hole, keep holding the Center Dpad until you see instructions on screen.

Sometimes this takes people a few tries to get it to work.

If that does not work, we have a couple other things that can be done.
stuck at welcome is a bad ROM. recooking will fix but you need to try and figure out what wrong first.....

Hard reset will not fix this.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Re: *21 Feb* UPD 15: SSK 1.5M *8* OS Kitchen inc WM6.5 Build 21159 and OS 21015 ROM -

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi38 View Post
ughhh. my phone is at 40% charge.. can't flash..... grrr.
bootloader mode, what I always recomend, will get around that.

I have flashed on 2% battery before... then 1%... then died on 0% ;c)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent1 View Post
I honestly would like to help you out, but I can't make any sense of this post at all. I've been hoping somebody else would have been able to interpret it by now. Lets start with the basics.

1. I believe the B2B flash had issues with SMS for sprint users, are you a sprint user? The B2B is documented in the first sentence in the first thread of this post, but it doesn't cover every problem that existed.

2. The clicking into and out quickly.... Are you trying to access your SMS with touch flow? Are you sliding over to SMS then hit "all messages" ?

3. Have you tried a different ROM to see if the problem exists in it as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mipstien View Post
wish i could find what i need, but after extensive searching i can't quite even come up with a good search term.

when i get an SMS and click into read it and then out quickly it doesn't update and it still is unread. or if i get multiple sms while in the sms and don't respond and press ok then there are 2, 3, etc that i have to click the sms and then click ok for each one.this is on threaded sms. using B2B rom. i know its hear in the forums i think i saw it in this thread but i just can't locate it now on what is causing it.
I understand but that is a SYS file "feature"

changes by MS are neer posted and they change little crap like this fromj build to build. Hence why I hae 8 builds to test and play with to find what suits YOUR needs best....
Old 03-01-2009, 11:55 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallJason View Post
Again, thanks to all the responses. I have a new question regarding Internet Explorer 6 Beta. After tinkering and tempting fate a few more times this afternoon, I have narrowed down the reason I'm not 100% head over heals in love(I'm only 99%) with the SSK 1.5 ROM is because IE6 Beta seems to be much slower than what was in SSK1.2 (which I used for a couple of days).

Unfortunately I don't know enough (yet) to replace new version of IE using the Kitchen. Any thoughts on how I would do this or why IE appears to render pages slower?

-Jason
cook with kit and deselct 6 beta.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:56 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimdock View Post
Not sms issues per se... It was only the SMSRetry shortcut that seemed to be broken or without a certificate. I still don't know what's the culprit. I'm waiting for Scott to release his new stuff since he said he fixed the little things for Sprint now that he has one.
sprint lays the OEM's out diff than VZW. I was using a VZW base because, well, thats what I **HAD** as a carrier. I know VZW stuff very well so now that I got a sprint device I can find all the diffs.... Its a freakin pain in the ***.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
The only reason I know this is because I didn't want to use Opera, or the IE beta. I figured I'd find a cab later and install, but tested IE out before following through. Dumb luck is all I can say.
there is also a reg hack somewhere to remove the Beta and revert to standard IE. Dont have or know where it is but its out there.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWA69 View Post
Can anyone get Palringo to work? Its not working for me
hows VZN drivers been working?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
We may both have broke phones here in a minute, I'm going to try what you are doing to see if I get different results
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
OK, I"m trying to flash from the SD card, here's the instructions I'm following

Flash from microSD Card (Thanks to MadlyAlive):

1. Make sure you backup anything that is necessary to your day to day operations! At a minimum, please perform an ActiveSync to Outlook or your Exchange server prior to flashing!
2. Rename the custom ROM NBH file from RUU_Signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh
3. Copy RAPHIMG.nbh to the root of your microSD Card.
4. Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. While you're still holding those 2 buttons, press the reset button with your stylus.
5. When your Touch Pro tells you to do so, press the power button to begin the flash process. If you do not get the message to press the power button to flash, there is a mistake in the name of the NBH file or you do not have the file at the root of your microSD card.
6. When flashing is complete, perform a soft reset.

In my case, I renamed scrosler.nbh to the RAPHIMG.nbh.
Successfully did Step 3 and 4
At Step 5, I have yet to get the message to "press the power button"...at the bottom screen it says "Serial" and hasn't changed.

The name is correct because I copied/pasted and the file is at the root of the SD card.....There are no folders on the card, just a couple of PDF's.

What did I miss

Bob
You missed the fact the SD card has to be less than 4 gigs and formated a specific way.... so many sectors, etc....
Old 03-01-2009, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
can you boot your phone all the way up?
are you going to do a clear storage instead of hard reset?

it was ACCOLC not whatever I typed before, its where you change your priority on incoming calls

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=accolc

check the PST tweaks, you'll probably add it to 1206/ 768 / where ever that post is now.
dont play with that please!

its set a certain way for certain reasons. You can cause carrier messes playing wiht that and not t omention make your phone not ever connect
Old 03-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

impudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
You missed the fact the SD card has to be less than 4 gigs and formated a specific way.... so many sectors, etc....
If that is true, then how did I successfully complete it with an 8gig SD card?

Device:XV6850 - Verizon Touch Pro
Radio: 1.03.03v
SPL: .35-comonex
5/2/09 SSK 2.0 20776

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development