PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *21 Feb* UPD 15: SSK 1.5M *8* OS Kitchen inc WM6.5 Build 21159 and OS 21015 ROM -

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Like I said - I must be addicted to the flashing cause I come back to the 20764.
alot of people do... Once I hit a SYS build for a couple days its on to the next. My phone never has the same ROM day after day 'c)

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Re: *21 Feb* UPD 15: SSK 1.5M *8* OS Kitchen inc WM6.5 Build 21159 and OS 21015 ROM -

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent1 View Post
Searching ISM is a life sucking waste of time. I have not found any information that was worth the time I spent reading. I'd like to have those 2 hours back.
If I got all the time back that was wasted I would add 5 years to my life.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wphend00 View Post
I tried the 6.5 ROM...
Appreciate all of the hard work that went into, but it was just painful to use...
To slow... needs to be optimized for the TP....

thanks for all of the hardwork...
yup, thats why I noted they are not for daily use. Just experiments until we get the real deal in full form. Nice to watch progress.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucytec View Post
Check your Email with your phone (pop, exchange, imap...), I'll bet you can view the header info but can't actually open an email to view them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1az3x View Post
Here is the 21018 SYS that Scott linked me to and asked for me to post in the thread:

21018 SYS

Works beautifully with the C2 kitchen. You may have a conflict with the welcomehead.192.png in which case don't select a splash screen in the kitchen. Its stable and fast, tried it out before posting. Scott deserves some more thanks for this one!

Email does not work properly.
heh, FPOS PM'ed me and told me about this after I gave up the link.

Replace the NET CF folder with one from another build and that shoudl fix the issue. The netcf is in the SYS folder. Delete and then replace.

Remember I have not had a chance to look at or even build with 21018.... I will pretty up anything wrong with when I get off vacation. Didint even bring my USB cable.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
You got a good string going!!!! Since you left to "probe" other areas, you forgot a lot real fast.
Glad to see you saw the light!! Couldn't figure out what you were smokin.

Every time you click on a kitchen or a ROM you're going thru Scott's site.
am I mirrored?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by froader View Post
I am having a problem with the kitchen and build 21015.
I am using the exact same successful setup besides the folders in your 21015 download. I have also tried FPOS' 21018 XIP download with the same result.
Cant find ....tools\OS-new.nb.
I don't know where to look and haven't found any info on this.
Thanks!
touchy build. decrease the number of OEMs. You are exceeding the 128meg ROM limit. no errors other than the one you got ;c(
Old 03-01-2009, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Not going to be much help, but I know that's been discussed in this thread. You should find it, if they didn't delete it in their page reduction.

I'm testing my memory, but i think it means one of 2 things
1) Your phone isn't unlocked
2) you have too many items selected in the BuildOS

I did the kitchen c2 with 21015 and didn't have any similar problems.

Good luck,
Bob
Its number 2. #1 is error 226.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
Hehe... I FINALLY after a full day of trial, error, cooking, flashing, coffee, research, coffee, cooking, flashing, more coffee... well you get the program...

Have what appears to be a stable build of 21018SYS.21018XIP as posted previously. I had been close then, but ran into some skin and camera issues.

Everything seems to have been solved, but again, this is the 1st 24hrs I'm burning this build in...

I've tested Phone, email, SMS, Wireless-G, BT, GPS, camera all going at the same time when possible, and I have not had any issues, but again it's early in the test phase. I do think this is a solid as can be build, the last we'll see of Win CE 6.1. I have not installed any apps other than what is standard in the kitchen, and I don't use S2U2, but don't see it or anything else having any problems that we haven't already seen... maybe, with any luck this will be the "build of the Windows Mobile Gods"

I can upload the SYS and XIP base files you can use in Scott's kitchen to my website if folks want to try it out: I've only tested on the latest 15C2, don't plan to do backward tests, and can't be responsible if you brick your phone. You have been warned...

I'm also not gonna hi-jack this thread from Scott... I'm just helpin' the community of SSKers out here while the Master is on vacation.

To use this build all you have to do is replace your SYS and ROM folders in the kitchen. Remember to back up your originals 1st!!

http://digitalattic.us/images/screen02.bmp

So let me know by hittin' the thanks button, and sending me a PM or two... if I get enough responses I will edit this post with the package link. I'll be using Winrar, so make sure you have it as Winzip won't cut it.

CFN - DA

Update: OK, Here's the link... please let me know how it works out for you: I love this build, so far rock solid and very responsive! I created three ROM flavors to play with, but I think my flashing is coming to an end... time to work Sashimi to death!

At least for a day or two <G>

http://digitalattic.us/fun/Build_21018_SYS.XIP.rar

If U like hit me up with some Tanks

DA
whats the diff between these the link I gave you to my site? Are they the same or what?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by froader View Post
i've had problems with UC not running with his kitchens also and found it was my personal OEM. I dropped that and got my calibration back. i would rebuild a new rom and then put your phone in bootloader.
hold power, vol down, then push the soft reset hole but keep the other buttons until you see the tri-color screen.
I flash a lot of times this way because its faster.
Hope this helps.
If that is the case look at the RGU of the OEM you think is causing the issue. It could be a bad reg entry that oer rides the AutoCal or the security.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post

I have a XV6800 I was gonna eBay... PM me if UR interested.
NO YOU PM ME PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAASSSE if you still have it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development