PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What am I doing wrong with this rom flash?

Before anyone asks yes my phone is unlocked

I have been attempting to flash a new rom for the last 3-4 days and still have been unable to get it to work. I am using IIIboredIII's verizon rom found here:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=manila I start activesync and a connection is made, when I download the rom from said site I immediatly get a winrar and the .exe starts extracting files. My phone then goes to bootloader and activesync disables. A percentage bar appears on both my phone and my computer. and then a connection error occurs.

I have even attempted to try this rom http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=manila now in the instructions it doesnt say anything about renaming the RUU_signed.nbh to RALPHIMG.nbh so originally did not do this. I am not able to rename this file on my phone however I can do this from my desktop...but then I am unable to transfer this .zipfil back to my phone..... When I attempt to open my storage card after installing this .zip file my phone freezes each and every time.
Opening this file I have 3 .exe files
1) Custom_ruu.exe
2) EnterBootloader.exe
3) PagePool_changer.exe
4) Rapitool.exe
5) RUUGetinfo.exe

I have had other people try these roms and each one works for them. I have even attempted to try to flash via memory card with no results. Why does it seem like im the only one who cant get it to work?

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"

Last edited by Weapondrift; 04-09-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:37 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: What am I doing wrong with this rom flash?

Your phone is not unlocked unless youve unlocked it and it says Cmonex in the tri color screen. On top of that screen regardless will say "Secuirty Unlocked" This does not mean it is. Please verify that you yourself have done the unlocking portion.

and yes i read your post, but many members make this mistake as did i when i first tried flashing.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
Your phone is not unlocked unless youve unlocked it and it says Cmonex in the tri color screen. On top of that screen regardless will say "Secuirty Unlocked" This does not mean it is. Please verify that you yourself have done the unlocking portion.

and yes i read your post, but many members make this mistake as did i when i first tried flashing.
thank you...one sec and I will let you know what I find

*edit* ok, so you are saying (just so I am clear) if it says the fillowing
Security Unlocked - it is NOT unlocked even though I show the following on my device
Ralph500
SPL-0.35.000
blah blah blah
and if I see Cmonex it IS unlocked

Last edited by Weapondrift; 04-09-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:41 AM

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
thank you...one sec and I will let you know what I find

*edit* ok, so you are saying (just so I am clear) if it says the fillowing
Security Unlocked - it is NOT unlocked even though I show the following on my device
Ralph500
SPL-0.35.000
blah blah blah
and if I see Cmonex it IS unlocked
to asnwer in short, Exactly...

it will say "secuirty Unlocked regardless of it being unlocked or not but the line you want to look diffrent is the line that has the SPL, should read 0.35.CMONEX or 0.37.CMONEX (or 0.25.CMONEX MFG) but if you see nothing that resembles that, your phone is not unlocked my friend.

go here and follow the directions down to the letter. they are simplified for even the Noobs. Good luck. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
Old 04-09-2009, 04:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ok since I have Vista (why I decided to buy vista I will never know) I have to unlock it via simcard. So following the online instructions I dowload the SSPL and put on the main memory of my phone. after downloading the RUU to my memory card.

Once I click on the SSPL.exe my phone flashes over to bootloader and then does nothing...
Old 04-09-2009, 04:13 AM

you should be fine in vista that is what i am currently using and i havent had a problem yet.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:15 AM

whatever method you use make sure you read all the steps and double check, sometimes you might miss the easiest of steps and throws the whole process off.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
you should be fine in vista that is what i am currently using and i havent had a problem yet.
The issue that I have with vista, is that .netframework runs fine with other devices (my Q for example)...however when I try to open SSPL it shows Athena-runner(?) cannot be processed or something like that and then a screen pops up giving me the option to either close the program or find an online solution and then close the program. This is each time I try to open the SSPL
Old 04-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

I run Vista with Mobile Device Center on my laptop and I don't have any problems downloading and installing cmonex unlockers or any rom's ( and I have flashed alot) for that matter. Like moon said make sure your phone is unlocked and that you are downloading the proper rom for your phone. (CDMA or GSM) Do you have the latest WinRar downloaded to your computer to extract the rar files?
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"

Last edited by selders59; 04-09-2009 at 06:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
I run Vista with Mobile Device Center on my laptop and I don't have any problems downloading and installing cmonex unlockers or any rom's ( and I have flashed alot) for that matter. Like moon said make sure your phone is unlocked and that you are downloading the proper rom for your phone. (CDMA or GSM) Do you have the latest WinRar downloaded to your computer to extract the rar files?
Im not sure if I do or not...I keep getting athena updater cannot run...so the program closes out on me. I have continued to try to unlock this phone even via memory card and its still not working :/

Ok I just downloaded win rar 3.80 so that MIGHT work altho I doubt it
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development