PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Kamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Kamokazi Send a message via AIM to Kamokazi Send a message via Yahoo to Kamokazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamokazi
Re: *21 Feb* UPD 15: SSK 1.5M *8* OS Kitchen inc WM6.5 Build 21159 and OS 21015 ROM -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallJason View Post
First, I should say THANK YOU because I have enjoyed using the SSK rom immensely! However, I only now post the thank you when I have hit a snag.

I think I may have bricked my TouchPro. Any thoughts or suggestions on this:

The phone is/was running a custom ROM(SSK 1.5). I was testing out an application called mSafe(http://www.motionapps.com/product/msafe/). It is a remote lock/wipe software. The Remote lock worked fine and I attempted the remote wipe (after a full backup via Sprite). The phone is now stuck at the 'Verizon Wireless' boot screen saying

"Please wait, phone starting up"

It has been stuck like that for over an hour. I performed a soft-rest via the reset button on the bottom, and it returns to the same screen. The phone will NOT power-off unless I remove the battery at this point.

I tried a hard-reset by pressing both volume-up and volume-down buttons while pressing the reset button. This had no effect the phone seems frozen in as soon as it hits the start up screen.

Help?

-Jason
You're not bricked until the screen won't turn on...don't worry

The first thing I would try is a hard reset...they way to do this on the Verizon Touch Pro is to Hold the Center Dpad button, and press the reset hole, keep holding the Center Dpad until you see instructions on screen.

Sometimes this takes people a few tries to get it to work.

If that does not work, we have a couple other things that can be done.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro XV6850
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

TallJason is a n00b
Re: *21 Feb* UPD 15: SSK 1.5M *8* OS Kitchen inc WM6.5 Build 21159 and OS 21015 ROM -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamokazi View Post

The first thing I would try is a hard reset...they way to do this on the Verizon Touch Pro is to Hold the Center Dpad button, and press the reset hole, keep holding the Center Dpad until you see instructions on screen.

Thank you!! I got it back and running now. I don't know if that is how the Remote-Wipe software is supposed to work but it certainly freaked me out!

-Jason
Old 02-28-2009, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Kamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Kamokazi Send a message via AIM to Kamokazi Send a message via Yahoo to Kamokazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamokazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallJason View Post
Thank you!! I got it back and running now. I don't know if that is how the Remote-Wipe software is supposed to work but it certainly freaked me out!

-Jason
Glad it worked...that is the less painful method..the next step would have been to try the SD boot like Nimdock was talking about.

That is probably how it is supposed to operate...it deleted everything from the memory and made you restore from the ROM. Sounds like it works pretty well
Old 02-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Glad it worked...that is the less painful method..the next step would have been to try the SD boot like Nimdock was talking about.
Yeah, I got ahead of myself and thought that he had already performed the hard reset. If I had read more carefully I would have realized that there was no hay he had performed it.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:

stuck at welcome is a bad ROM. recooking will fix but you need to try and figure out what wrong first.....

Hard reset will not fix this.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development