PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
In response to both...

Did you perform the proper flash method for MR6?

1) Flash back to stock ROM
2) Download new copy of MR6
3) Flash to MR6
4) Immediately after flashing, do "Clear Storage" to hard reset the phone.

This clears out most of these bugs you are mentioning (especially the random hard resetting you're describing TechAddiction).
No I did not clear storage because I remember reading in the Sprint on Verizon thread that Clear Storage wipes out the Verizon settings and you have to reprogram it all over. Also several people said they were having problems using the *228 Option 3 as if VZW was blocking competitor phones or something. Is this not the case with regards to clear storage on a Sprint TP on VZW?
Old 08-15-2009, 10:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One
Carrier: Sprint

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

I remember reading somewhere in this massive thread that the keyboard lag is caused by the text counter... how is that removed? I read some posts how the ROM was made without, but it's there for me and I want to remove it. Is there a CAB or a regedit that's available to correct this??
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: sprint

trulife69 is a n00b

I did, and downloaded the sprint .RAR file. Not really sure how to open .rar file. Do i need to install on phone with active sync and then run that rar file with phone? or how do I get the rar file to go into exe. I used winzip but it didnt do anything.
Thanks for the replies haha, sorry I shouldnt have posted it but I thought maybe I could quick a quicker answer. This reflashing stock rom subject is on the forums but its pretty basic..everything else tells you how to do it step by step.
Anyways, thanks
Old 08-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulife69 View Post
I did, and downloaded the sprint .RAR file. Not really sure how to open .rar file. Do i need to install on phone with active sync and then run that rar file with phone? or how do I get the rar file to go into exe. I used winzip but it didnt do anything.
Thanks for the replies haha, sorry I shouldnt have posted it but I thought maybe I could quick a quicker answer. This reflashing stock rom subject is on the forums but its pretty basic..everything else tells you how to do it step by step.
Anyways, thanks
download winrar on your pc and extract it like winzip.

Edit: If this helped you don't forget the Thanks button.

Last edited by Tech Addiction; 08-15-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
I remember reading somewhere in this massive thread that the keyboard lag is caused by the text counter... how is that removed? I read some posts how the ROM was made without, but it's there for me and I want to remove it. Is there a CAB or a regedit that's available to correct this??
Here's the link:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
No I did not clear storage because I remember reading in the Sprint on Verizon thread that Clear Storage wipes out the Verizon settings and you have to reprogram it all over. Also several people said they were having problems using the *228 Option 3 as if VZW was blocking competitor phones or something. Is this not the case with regards to clear storage on a Sprint TP on VZW?
That I don't know. I do know that when I "Clear Storage" I don't have to set up my carrier settings (Verizon) again (as this ROM is built based on Telus). So I would think that if it doesn't change the settings for one carrier, it wouldn't for the other. But then again I'm not using a Sprint TP on Verizon network. Maybe a Verizon user w/a Sprint TP could confirm this?
Old 08-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Here's the link:

That I don't know. I do know that when I "Clear Storage" I don't have to set up my carrier settings (Verizon) again (as this ROM is built based on Telus). So I would think that if it doesn't change the settings for one carrier, it wouldn't for the other. But then again I'm not using a Sprint TP on Verizon network. Maybe a Verizon user w/a Sprint TP could confirm this?
I got the same answer on the Sprint/VZW thread. I cleared storage and everything is good. I was told not to load the stock Rom with the radio because it would wipe the settings. I didn't reload the MR 6 after the Clear Storage I just Cleared Storage so I will see if that fixes it by itself. If not I will clear storage and re-load MR6. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:14 PM
VIP Member

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

[QUOTE=Kliptik;1103124]Here's the link:

awesome - my text is A LOT better now! no lag! thanks!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
I got the same answer on the Sprint/VZW thread. I cleared storage and everything is good. I was told not to load the stock Rom with the radio because it would wipe the settings. I didn't reload the MR 6 after the Clear Storage I just Cleared Storage so I will see if that fixes it by itself. If not I will clear storage and re-load MR6. Thanks for the help.
You bet! That would make sense that the stock ROM would revert your settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
awesome - my text is A LOT better now! no lag! thanks!
You bet! Something else w/texting is that all MightyROMs have the max character for texts set at 130 (Telus' max). I know htat Verizon max is 160, and I'm pretty sure Sprint is the same. There's a CAB to change it but there's rumor that it puts the counter back, which returns the lag issue. I saw a reg edit around somewhere... I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Here is the regedit for the SMS character max (instead of installing the CAB):

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SMS\TextShared\IS637MaxAsc iiCharacters] Change the value to 160. Hope that helps!

Last edited by Kliptik; 08-15-2009 at 02:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: sprint

djchico is a n00b
Question Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUBBZ View Post
You should just need to install sprint update cab
I tryied this but i only get error 5010 and 5012 error and also say's it cant update my profile please try again later?? I did try it on the PRL and Profile update and both did the same thing

any ideas?
Old 08-15-2009, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
You bet! That would make sense that the stock ROM would revert your settings.

You bet! Something else w/texting is that all MightyROMs have the max character for texts set at 130 (Telus' max). I know htat Verizon max is 160, and I'm pretty sure Sprint is the same. There's a CAB to change it but there's rumor that it puts the counter back, which returns the lag issue. I saw a reg edit around somewhere... I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Here is the regedit for the SMS character max (instead of installing the CAB):

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SMS\TextShared\IS637MaxAsc iiCharacters] Change the value to 160. Hope that helps!
I think that's what happened, is because I installed the 160 CAB for my phone lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development