PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

x99percent is keeping up the good workx99percent is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimdock View Post
The reasons I prefer the Smartphone Tracker are... It is more customizable (easier to do so as well). There is no need to turn on and off the gps. Also you get an email with a link ready to display the current location on a map. From what I can see there is no email in the neu program, only sms.

I have not seen how much memory does the Smartphone Tracker process take, somehow I expect that it is very little.
There is no need to turn nueGPSSecurity on and off unless you want to use that functionality... there is the "quickpos" command.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
I prefer smoother streaming rather than the programs guide. I liek the fact that u can chose ur quality of choice
I hear that, I've started to try some rom cooking with the Telus Diamond rom but it looks alot different torn down then a kitchen does, but i'm trying to become a chef
Old 02-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Here's a good thread on custom icons and where many of us got our icons...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=tsowentaskbar

Personally I use tsowentaskbar3v1.4(shown in post 2 of that thread)

**EDIT**
One note tho, if you install the NuePowerDriver from that thread, for the 1% battery drain increments, you will lose the "fast" charging that is built into MightyROM.

just a random question here ive seen this around on here..."fast charging" what is that. i mean its kind of self explainitory but really what is it indepth? can anyone tell me? and does it make that much of a difference?

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 02-26-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

doox00 is just getting started

I put mighty rom 4.12 on last night and so far its great, just wish it was not so plain looking (the all white), would be nice to have tsowentaskbar package integrated somehow.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

magoo66 is becoming a great contributor

I'm finally getting around to setting up mms. In post #3, the version listed for verizon 5.0.69.44. On my storage card, from my old 6800, I have version 5.0.70.24. I believe that was a custom one from GC. Is it recommended to use the version posted here, or should I go with the [seemingly] newer version?

In a related matter, can I install the 160 character sms fix on my verizon phone, even though it's not listed under verizon in post 3? I want to ask before I leap so I don't screw anything up now that my phone is all customized.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x99percent View Post
There is no need to turn nueGPSSecurity on and off unless you want to use that functionality... there is the "quickpos" command.
Yes, I was looking at an older release where you had to turn off the gps after each use or it would continue on.

The other points still stand though. I now see that he offers the option of using the google map thingy but it is for people who donate only.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:20 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i vote nuegps for sure

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 02-26-2009, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor

Great rom MightyMike. I am very impressed with the responsiveness of my phone now. Keep up the great work.

Maybe you could remove SmartPhoneTracker on your next release. I configured it once and I had to delete my settings to get the configuration menu back. I dont like how SmartPhoneTracker shows up in the program files (which I deleted the link). I prefer nuegps as it is hidden and features live tracking but no email at this time . Thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by x99percent View Post
BOOO to SmartPhoneTracker! It runs as a process!

NueGPSSecurity is just a small DLL that incoming SMS messages are filtered through. It is a much better and simpler implementation of a GPS locater, without needing ANOTHER background process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
I Shall definitely look into this for 4.13

Thanks!
its also not free, it is a service and it uses his server.

nueGPSSecurity is a lightweight service that sits between your text message client (using CEMAPI and CellCore). It waits for a text message with a special string, and replies back with your location if it is available. Basically, it is a free (well, donationware) version of one of those anti-theft software packages. The service works in “stealth”, it hides the text messages being sent between you and your phone.

Last edited by zikronix; 02-26-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I do like that you can turn on an alarm, hehe, that one rules. Imagine that.

Knock knock...

You have my phone
No, I don't
Yes you do, it's been tracked through GPS
No, I don't

BEEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEP!!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development