PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

scottmail is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 23rd, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.15 [20771]

In the notifications screen, when I receive a new email and I tap the Mail Notification it does nothing. Doesn't it make sense to take you to your new email or am I just doing something wrong? HHMMMM.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA

MikeyNick is a n00b

I put it in \windows\rings. do the just go straight to \windows?

and no i wasn't using the modified, trying it right now! thanks
Old 03-23-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO4g, Sprint Touch Pro 2 x2,
Carrier: sprint

jutaejrtouch is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattv View Post
I'm also not fond of the font size in text messaging. I can't even see who the message is from because I only see 3 or 4 letters of their name. I would much rather prefer a smaller font in all of my accounts to aid in visibility.
While in text messaging, you can resize the text by using the joystick (twirling your finger around the area surrounding it counterclockwwise)
Old 03-23-2009, 02:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kockroach is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikronix View Post
i couldnt figure out how to use it...so what i did is made a registry image of all my changes then i stripped all hex info then uses an rgu to xml converter then used a hex to base 64 converter to do the account information...at this point in time im not even worried about that. Ill pm you...i just noticed that i think the converter built the xml wrong...we will findout.
That post tells you how you can pull out all of your information. If you use the one with the "EMAIL2" query but change it to "Sync" like this:
Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc>
    <characteristic-query type="Sync" recursive="true"/>
</wap-provisioningdoc>
Then it will give you an XML output with all of your Microsoft Server Sync settings. The "EMAIL2" will pull out POP3 settings.
It will already be in the format needed (base64). It will also have folder hierarchies and sync settings.

Using the first query, you can pull out sets of registry settings, such as the "HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications" or "HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLauncher" to pull out all of the program bookmarks on the TF3d Programs tab. There a number of things to do. I am still putting together my provisioning files right now.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Installed 4.15 everything is good..love the notifications....
I installed the taskbar cab too, looks good, but the start menu icon is too blah, which method should I use to change the start menu icon? There are like 20 different cabs..etc. and I'm not sure which one is the most compatible / easiest way with this rom..

opinions?
Old 03-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmail View Post
In the notifications screen, when I receive a new email and I tap the Mail Notification it does nothing. Doesn't it make sense to take you to your new email or am I just doing something wrong? HHMMMM.
Hence why I didn't include notifications within the release.

It is meant to work with the new TF3D2.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Also, this same thing is present in other apps (google maps, for example). The "use gps" option is a scroll down, rather than on the main menu.

I'm also not fond of the font size in text messaging. I can't even see who the message is from because I only see 3 or 4 letters of their name. I would much rather prefer a smaller font in all of my accounts to aid in visibility.
go to setting-system-screen-text size and adjust the bar to whatever size you like it will set all apps to that settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

mattv is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutaejrtouch View Post
While in text messaging, you can resize the text by using the joystick (twirling your finger around the area surrounding it counterclockwwise)
While -viewing- the individual messages, the text size is fine and I was aware of the joystick features

The problem I have is that while looking at the list of messages, I can't see enough of the sender's name to know who it is. (only 3 letters or so)... Previously, i could see most (if not all) of the sender's name in the list. Same goes for email messages.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

Quote:
While -viewing- the individual messages, the text size is fine and I was aware of the joystick features

The problem I have is that while looking at the list of messages, I can't see enough of the sender's name to know who it is. (only 3 letters or so)... Previously, i could see most (if not all) of the sender's name in the list. Same goes for email messages.
I provided a solution in the previous post, when it works please thank me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

Everything is running good with my load but I do have 1 complaint (small complaint but I feel like a j/a for complaining about something that is O SO GOOD), I used my phone for work, ALOT, so I use the spell checking with damn near every email I send. So now with the new popup style, you have a split second to see the word that is being picked up by the spell checker. It's CRAZY hard to see what it is grabbing and you can't just assume every word needs to be corrected.

I think someone alluded to the size of the popup menu earlier, but I am wondering if we can get the "One click" of the letter option back on the menu and maybe make the menu smaller or transparent maybe so we can see the "misspelled" word.

If you don't use the spell checker or any other options in the popup menu, these things probably don't bother you but for someone that uses it every time they send an email, it's pretty big since I have to first scroll down (emails are usually sent with the keyboard slid out and not in portrait), instead of just hitting the "S" key for Spell Check, and then can't see the misspelled word.

Functionally, the ROM is running like usual... Stable and FAST!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development