PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 08:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post
Tried a few other ROM's over the last few weeks, and eventually came back to Mighty ROM.
Most stable and snappiest ROM I've personally tried.
Won't be leaving any time soon either.

But I have to ask, how do I get the SMS character count back?

It's not even there anymore, and I searched for the terms "character" and "count" in this thread, but to no avail.

Any clues anybody?
Here ya go bud
Attached Files
File Type: cab sms160.cab (1.6 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

revpd is a n00b

Frustrating situation... And yes I did search already.

When I first flashed MR6 onto my device, it would start with memory around 50-55% used. Sure, it would ramp up and eventually I'd have to soft reset, but it would always go back to low/mid 50's. Now, after a few weeks, it rarely gets below 70%, even right after a soft reset. I notice that gwes.exe does creep up in size, but that's a known thing, and I can't imagine it using more memory now than it would've a few weeks ago.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-18-2009, 09:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by revpd View Post
Frustrating situation... And yes I did search already.

When I first flashed MR6 onto my device, it would start with memory around 50-55% used. Sure, it would ramp up and eventually I'd have to soft reset, but it would always go back to low/mid 50's. Now, after a few weeks, it rarely gets below 70%, even right after a soft reset. I notice that gwes.exe does creep up in size, but that's a known thing, and I can't imagine it using more memory now than it would've a few weeks ago.

Any thoughts?
are you sure it isn't something you installed? did you turn on tf3d? or install tf3d2 or tf3d2.1? just a guess
Old 09-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Lurker

revpd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
are you sure it isn't something you installed? did you turn on tf3d? or install tf3d2 or tf3d2.1? just a guess
Good point, but I actually don't even use tf3d. I haven't actually installed anything new since the day I finished my flashing procedure. So, all the software on it now, was on there during the days when I had memory usage in the 50's.

I've gone back and forth between Titanium and the standard Winmo home... neither makes a huge difference. I notice shell32.exe stays a bit smaller without Titanium, but not enough to make a huge difference.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:43 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Good point, but I actually don't even use tf3d. I haven't actually installed anything new since the day I finished my flashing procedure. So, all the software on it now, was on there during the days when I had memory usage in the 50's.

I've gone back and forth between Titanium and the standard Winmo home... neither makes a huge difference. I notice shell32.exe stays a bit smaller without Titanium, but not enough to make a huge difference.
have you tried using this program called Clean Ram?
it's a good tool for those of you that have a verizon TP, since it has lower memory then the rest of us.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vx6850
Carrier: verizon

StvnMtq is a n00b

I know this is a real dumb question!! 1st I love the look of MightyRom 6, but my phone is still slow and unresponsive, hangs up, AND (Here is my Question) Have I disabled the voice dialer and How can I get it back without flashing back to the MR1 upgrade??? Oh and the adv config tool will not install on my TP from the SD card...Any help appreciated StvnMtq
Old 09-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Lurker

revpd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
have you tried using this program called Clean Ram?
it's a good tool for those of you that have a verizon TP, since it has lower memory then the rest of us.
Yes - great little utility, both for function and peace of mind... but oddly enough it usually only saves me 1 or 2 mb at the most. I'm starting to think I'm wasting too much RAM on the various cache options. Any proven guides for cache settings specifically on the gimped VZW TP?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvnMtq View Post
I know this is a real dumb question!! 1st I love the look of MightyRom 6, but my phone is still slow and unresponsive, hangs up, AND (Here is my Question) Have I disabled the voice dialer and How can I get it back without flashing back to the MR1 upgrade??? Oh and the adv config tool will not install on my TP from the SD card...Any help appreciated StvnMtq
did you do a hard reset after installing it?
first question: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=18636
second question: i would try to redownload advanced config, cause i've never heard of that. I've installed it from my mem card tons of times and so have lots of other people on here and never heard of this problem.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Yes - great little utility, both for function and peace of mind... but oddly enough it usually only saves me 1 or 2 mb at the most. I'm starting to think I'm wasting too much RAM on the various cache options. Any proven guides for cache settings specifically on the gimped VZW TP?
there is a great FAQ write up in post #4 of this thread for verizon touch pro's. Have you seen it? It sounds like that's what you are needing. It has all kinds of tips on memory use. But I still think something odd is going on with your mem problem.

You ever try pulling your battery for a minute. Just a hunch.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post
But I have to ask, how do I get the SMS character count back?
Oh yeah, that reminds me. Mine still had the count. I haven't tried that cab floating around to remove the count from those html files but I thought it was cooked into this rom.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development