PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

bg18461 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 06.09.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21731 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
i get it once in a blue moon, even with other roms. I've read that the fix is to go into the voice command settings and uncheck Media.
Thanks razor, i will give it a shot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jay7red is a n00b
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 06.09.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21731 ] MightyROM5

I am really happy with this ROM. The only issue I am having is that TF3D won't launch. Loading message comes up then says to "Tap her to Launch Touch FLo." After I tap it, it just keeps trying to load.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay7red View Post
I am really happy with this ROM. The only issue I am having is that TF3D won't launch. Loading message comes up then says to "Tap her to Launch Touch FLo." After I tap it, it just keeps trying to load.
Which of the 2 roms, in the first post, did you download and flash? Sounds like you did the LITE version. TF3D is removed in that one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Lurker

imakshar is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
yeah, i'm back on 5-24 because i couldn't get any onscreen keyboards to work properly, especially the diamond sized keyboards. i tried 3 different cabs, and the lag was so bad that it made it impossible to type anything because the keys were being skipped and the phone was freezing every 2 letters typed. with the older version, there's still the freezing problem where the phone freezes every 30 or so seconds for about 20 or 30 seconds during intense scrolling or text entry, but thats a lot better than not being able to type at all.
Has anyone compared the both 6.9.09 regular version with Lite version to see the difference in speed and battery life ? I m sure that lite would be faster but still it will be nice if someone can share their experience .. I am on 6.9.09 regular version and would like to see if it is worth flashing lite for faster speed and more battery life.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

XwalkerX is a n00b

ok so does anyone have any idea about the freezing keyboard or screen staying off even when i try and hit the power key to use the phone. not to mention today i couldnt even hear anything through my earpiece and when i tried to use speakerphone that wouldnt even work. its very frustrating. i really like this phone but im one step away from turning it back to stock rom and getting a palm pre.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwalkerX View Post
ok so does anyone have any idea about the freezing keyboard or screen staying off even when i try and hit the power key to use the phone. not to mention today i couldnt even hear anything through my earpiece and when i tried to use speakerphone that wouldnt even work. its very frustrating. i really like this phone but im one step away from turning it back to stock rom and getting a palm pre.
You've been experiencing very odd problems that no one else is. Have you done a hard reset? Have you redownloaded and reflashed the rom? Are you installing anything or changing any settings or doing regedits?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:25 PM
N00b

jimfun is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwalkerX View Post
I have to +1 razor; your errors are unusual and must be caused by either not fully clearing (hard reset) memory after you flash, or conflicts with something you're loading after flashing. If you use a backup / restore program, please remember most of those re-write registry entired *after* you flash your phone. This can lead to lots of problems, and you should add programs and registry entires back carefully after you've ensured the stability of your phone.

The stock ROM isn't the end of the world, either. Palms rock, but you don't know what's out there for the Pre. And of course, there are no new ROM flash setups for the Pre (at least yet!).
Old 06-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i dont know if anyone else is having this problem, and i have been searching for 2 days. but in my internet sharing app, the connect button is greyed out and i can seem to find anyway to restore it. any help in fixing this problem would be great.

thanks!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08 View Post
i dont know if anyone else is having this problem, and i have been searching for 2 days. but in my internet sharing app, the connect button is greyed out and i can seem to find anyway to restore it. any help in fixing this problem would be great.

thanks!
When you plug into USB, are you choosing Internet Sharing and NOT ActiveSync or Disk Drive?

If you are not getting that prompt, go to Start -> Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC - There is a check box there to ask each time. If it's not checked, it will generally revert to whatever your last selection was.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Just installed the new ROM last night (finally). Have to say that beyond the SIP confusion (had to install both EZInput and FingerKeyboard and mess with the settings to get back address autocompletion), this is otherwise the tightest, fastest ROM I've used.

Better than that, though, is the fact that you've fixed the announce incoming calls function of Voice Command! How'd you do it? Is it a clear fix we should see (hear) from all future ROMs? I couldn't be happier about it. Sometimes I leave my phone plugged in (since battery life's so dreadful) and my headset in my ear, and outside of setting custom ringtones for every caller and memorizing them, or the messy regedit, this feature's the only way to accurately know who's calling. Whatever the case, kudos, and thanks again for an awesome ROM.

btw, any plans for a comparable 6.5 ROM for the Diamond? My wife's got a Diamond and is jealous of my setup. But I haven't found anything comparable in the Diamond forums.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development