PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

dividebyzero is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

To those folks having weaker signal after flashing. Try running your carriers programing system. on Verizon it's *228 I believe. Select option one. It'll play crappy music then reboot your phone. That usually solves the problem and you should do that any time you flash.

If you already did that then, I don't know, try a different radio?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

keunsuk is a n00b
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

I have problem with 05.28.09 rom. It is light and fast but it sometimes freezes. Sometimes the screen goes blank and never turns back on.

When I go to Windows Media Player to play a song, it freezes after i choose all music in library. Not an actual freeze. Power buttons works. I can hear a sound when I click buttons. but screen is just stuck on library. Does any one have this issue? I never had this problem with 05.24.09 rom.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

I am running Telus 1.04, same as for the last month or two. My Sprint PRL is 60652.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pro
Carrier: sprint

reddick is just getting started

as always the best rom around, i tested few others and the others has battery issues.So i tried this one.I did a heavy load test with 10 instance running and still performing as it should.Lets see how this is with the battery.

**INSTALLED***
Old 06-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn89 View Post
It can be done, it involves editing the LS_LockScene_480x640.cpr file in the Windows directory.

Try this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=LS_LockScene

BigJohn
might be a bit out of my range of knowledge... but thanks!

maybe i'll grow some nuts and give it a shot later... any chance this could be cab'ed up?

'function over fashion'
Old 06-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: USCC

BrewNinja is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by keunsuk View Post
I have problem with 05.28.09 rom. It is light and fast but it sometimes freezes. Sometimes the screen goes blank and never turns back on.

When I go to Windows Media Player to play a song, it freezes after i choose all music in library. Not an actual freeze. Power buttons works. I can hear a sound when I click buttons. but screen is just stuck on library. Does any one have this issue? I never had this problem with 05.24.09 rom.
I have the same problem, but with the 5.24.09 rom...didnt have any problems with any of the previous versions before that though.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepeesea View Post
might be a bit out of my range of knowledge... but thanks!

maybe i'll grow some nuts and give it a shot later... any chance this could be cab'ed up?
spoke too soon... found the file on XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=16

just copied and pasted into the windows directory and did a soft reset
Old 06-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTCTouchPro
Carrier: BELL

frankchen76 is a n00b
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.24.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21234 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodies View Post
Hey guys,

I LOVE Mighty ROM, but I can't tell if I'm having an issue with WinMo 6.5 or if it's a phone issue. The issue has become quite regular now. Typically it happens on a Sunday or a Monday, so once a week for me. I'll wake up the phone to see it saying one of the following:

1. Underneath the slider button to unlock the phone, I'll see the word "tapslideslide" or "taptapslide" (I can't remember which, but it's the same every time).

2. A warning window that says "The device will wipe on the next unsuccessful password attempt."

No matter what I do, when I attempt to unlock and enter my password (corporate account), the phone turns off and performs a hard reset, corrupting my microSD card in the process.

The phone completely hard resets and loses all data/settings. It won't recognize the card until I connect it to my PC and format it.

Anyone have any experience with this? I didn't opt for the additional insurance monthly, but it seems that the phone is under a warranty for a year (and I'm within that). Think I should try to get Verizon to fix it?
I have exact same problem as yours. I also found it happened usually at Monday night. My phone was from Bell and unlocked.
Before I upgrade to Mighty 5, I used Bell's original ROM and Mighty4.16 ROM and had no problems at all. I hope everyone can share the solution for this problem.
Suggestion for those who have this problem. Whenever you see that horrible message, turn off your phone and remove SD card so that data on SD will be saved. You also can try backup software like Resco Backup.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

I would like to say I have loved your ROM's for a while. The issue I am having is that after a while my phone stops ringing. I go into the rings and it says that every ring, alerts, tones etc are corrupt. I don't know if that may have been something that I did wrong or if there is a way to fix it since I have already Hard Reset 3 or 4 times and still comes back. I would like to keep using this ROM because everything else works great. If someone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint

keunsuk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewNinja View Post
I have the same problem, but with the 5.24.09 rom...didnt have any problems with any of the previous versions before that though.
Hey I just found out the solution to my problem and your problem as well.
Rom has nothing to do with it.

I flash my phone back to 05.24.09 but the problem remained.
It freezes when "adding files..." dialog comes up. When screen goes blank there is nothing you can do except doing a soft reset.

The solution is to delete MSMETADATA in SD-card.
In File Explorer click Menu and then check the “Show All Files”

I found the solution here.
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...7-d0d82b30d10e
After trying a bunch of things unsuccessfully I finally found out that using the file explorer on the phone I could browse to the storage card and delete the folder called MSMETADATA. This is a hidden folder so in order to see it in File Explorer select Menu and then check the “Show All Files” menu item. Once you delete that folder, reload Media Player, and rescan the card by selecting “Update Library” from the menu. All of your music should reappear in Media Player.

The problem of screen going blank is some what related to this.
But it happened a couple times when I was not using WMP.
I need to test more to be sure.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development