View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 12:19 PM
frankchen76
Lurker

frankchen76 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.24.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21234 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodies View Post
Hey guys,

I LOVE Mighty ROM, but I can't tell if I'm having an issue with WinMo 6.5 or if it's a phone issue. The issue has become quite regular now. Typically it happens on a Sunday or a Monday, so once a week for me. I'll wake up the phone to see it saying one of the following:

1. Underneath the slider button to unlock the phone, I'll see the word "tapslideslide" or "taptapslide" (I can't remember which, but it's the same every time).

2. A warning window that says "The device will wipe on the next unsuccessful password attempt."

No matter what I do, when I attempt to unlock and enter my password (corporate account), the phone turns off and performs a hard reset, corrupting my microSD card in the process.

The phone completely hard resets and loses all data/settings. It won't recognize the card until I connect it to my PC and format it.

Anyone have any experience with this? I didn't opt for the additional insurance monthly, but it seems that the phone is under a warranty for a year (and I'm within that). Think I should try to get Verizon to fix it?
I have exact same problem as yours. I also found it happened usually at Monday night. My phone was from Bell and unlocked.
Before I upgrade to Mighty 5, I used Bell's original ROM and Mighty4.16 ROM and had no problems at all. I hope everyone can share the solution for this problem.
Suggestion for those who have this problem. Whenever you see that horrible message, turn off your phone and remove SD card so that data on SD will be saved. You also can try backup software like Resco Backup.
This post has been thanked 1 times.