PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

motocrossyz85 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.08.09] [[MightyROM5]] Windows® Phone

Ok so why is mighty Rom 5 so laggy?? and have alot of random issues like when looking on recent calls the screen starts meshing together?? It just seems as though mighty rom 5 is worse then v4... what do you guys think??
Old 05-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrossyz85 View Post
Ok so why is mighty Rom 5 so laggy?? and have alot of random issues like when looking on recent calls the screen starts meshing together?? It just seems as though mighty rom 5 is worse then v4... what do you guys think??
Read the thread. None of this is new or a surprise. We're working with leaked copies of an OS that hasn't been released for our phone yet. People have cobbled it together with available tools. Until a version's released for our phone, or models with compatible drivers and software, we're going to have issues like these. General lagginess is partially due to this, but not unusual for Windows Mobile in general. The "meshing" issue you describe is well-documented throughout this thread by MightyMike himself, and relates to the way the new WM6.5 highlights conflict with the Touch Pro's dialer. The HTC dialer is so far superior to the stock one that he felt it was worth sticking with it. That said, there are registry edits throughout this thread that will disable it and switch to the skinned WM stock dialer if you'd like to get around this problem. Personally it's too minor an issue for me to care about in exchange for the otherwise great dialer.

This is still a pre-release OS, regardless of the fact that it's gone gold, and will remain so until it's officially released for our phone. Expect issues.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Cochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Cochoz Send a message via MSN to Cochoz Send a message via Yahoo to Cochoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_mendez77054 View Post
well yeah they should be right i didnt mess with anything else i just notice i was just getting 1x connections and not 3g. what are the correct settings?
3G eh?

Did you do the basics?
-Hard Reset after the flash.
-Update PRL.
-Have you tried using a different Radio?

As of me, when I had MR5(Currently on MR/Reborn) I had no issues whatsoever with DATA speed or any other type besides the lag.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Lurker

vulcanxtreme is a n00b

I know there had been a few recent posts in regards to which radio is best, etc. So I thought I'd chime in with my personal experience.

Been running MightyROM5 for almost a week now, and so far I love it. I haven't installed any battery enhancement apps or anything, but I had noticed that my battery life wasn't all that great. I had things like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and BEAM disabled, and battery life was still very sub-par.

Someone linked this a few pages back:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=13025

And I decided to flash to the Telus radio. So far I LOVE it! I'm using a Sprint HTC Touch Pro, and I can honestly say that my battery life has easily doubled thanks to this flash. I haven't suffered any reception problems or anything either. Everything is still great, except now my battery lasts twice as long, lol.

I've read that that results may vary, but I thought I'd post my experience anyways
Old 05-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Anything a Sprint user needs to know about running a Telus radio? Anything I need to configure specially, or adjustments to internet, etc.?
Old 05-18-2009, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Anything a Sprint user needs to know about running a Telus radio? Anything I need to configure specially, or adjustments to internet, etc.?
Nope, just flash and it works. Same with all the radios.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

epitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regularepitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regularepitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regularepitaphromance is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

im on sprint running Telus radio... works fine
havent noticed any REAL obvious difference though

If I helped you in anyway, hit that THANKS
Old 05-18-2009, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: HTC

Chris347101 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Chris347101 Send a message via MSN to Chris347101 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris347101

What about alltel and flashing to a new radio
Old 05-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73

Has anyone had any problems of it getting stuck in the text messages and freezing?? I like it but just gets stuck and freezes.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris347101 View Post
What about alltel and flashing to a new radio
Any cdma touch pro(alltel, verizon, sprint, USCC, telus, bell,) can flash any of the radios here and it will work.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development