PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: [April 21st, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Quote:
Originally Posted by daweiteh View Post
So far from the last few posts I think we have the ringtone corruption issue solved. If someone wants a bunch of donations or thanks . You can Cab it up and we will share in your joy.

So what is this fix you talk about.

On another note. given the fact this thread is mega huge, we should offer Rico and Mike a temp job for the ROM and donate to them to keep them on their feet, and they can work on updates to the ROM. That way they get paid for all their efforts and they have a temp job. I'm sure you guys could make a freaking killing on this site! Only Sh**y part is they would have a crap load of bosses. lol

Give some

Last edited by OR78; 04-23-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Gadjetguy is becoming a great contributor

Mighty Mike,

Sorry to hear about you losing your job. I know your talents will soon land you a better job. Hang in there and try to mix in some relaxation and fun between job hunting.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

daweiteh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
You may need the home screen toggle software below...

TO ACTIVATE> OPEN THE TFDETACHER FOLDER ON THE START INCON PAGE, THERE YOU WILL SEE JUST WHAT TO DO.....
Dang This worked! Thanks. (I also hit the thanks button)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

tsowentaskb6v3_dlls.zip (2.08 MB, 366 views)
tsowentaskbar6v3[1].1(lite).zip (1.67 MB, 332 views)
tsowentaskbar6v3[1].1.zip (2.27 MB, 886 views)
tsowentaskbar6 WM6.5 version.zip (1.15 MB, 97 views)
WM6.5 Dlls.zip (651.8 KB, 46 views)

All of these apperently work for wm6.5. But I am not trying to install all of them.

Anyone knows which one doesnt get the beachball wait icon???
Old 04-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Telus

peener is a n00b

so far after a bunch of random arbitrary tests, by using wav converted files as alerts, the ringtone is ok, the text alert is ok, but the email alert doesnt go off consistently if at all after a soft reset. the messaging application still tries to open itself up after an email arrives (i use the hotmail push email with windows live). the action button will still light up, but no sound for emails
Old 04-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Ok so after doing some reading, other people have had luck with the corrupted sound issue by converting the ringers and notification sounds to wav files and then transferring and selecting them in settings/notifications. I love the actual sounds that Mighty Mike has selected in Mighty Rom 5 so I wouldn't need to change the ones used, however I can honestly say I've never ever converted sound files or messed with sound files. I'm willing to learn. Is there a freeware app you can use to convert them to wav files ?

If anyone wants to convert the default files to wav and post them that would be cool too.

And damn there goes my notifications again... LOL They been working fine since I hard reset earlier. I been texting my daughter... She just messaged me again and bam no sounds..

Really aggravating..

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09

Last edited by lordshadowz; 04-23-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:50 PM
N00b

daweiteh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post
Ok so after doing some reading, other people have had luck with the corrupted sound issue by converting the ringers and notification sounds to wav files and then transferring and selecting them in settings/notifications. I love the actual sounds that Mighty Mike has selected in Mighty Rom 5 so I wouldn't need to change the ones used, however I can honestly say I've never ever converted sound files or messed with sound files. I'm willing to learn. Is there a freeware app you can use to convert them to wav files ?

If anyone wants to convert the default files to wav and post them that would be cool too.
I agree. I think we can work together as a community to put this together. Someone can get the original files, and post them. Then someone who knows how to convert this stuff to wave can do that. Then someone can cab up the procedure to get them in the right location. I dont know how to do any of it but im a good manager so that explains my post telling you what needs to be done without really doing anything productive myself.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Telus

peener is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post

i just use winamp to convert the files into wav files (preferences-output-select outdisk.dll-click configure to output the file to a certain folder-play the song in winamp, and itll convert the file into a wav to the target folder). i took the wma files from my phones windows folder, and converted it. i know there are tons of mp3->wav or wav->mp3 converters out there, but im not too sure if they would convert wma's so i didnt bother trying them, and just used winamp instead
Old 04-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: [April 21st, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Quote:
Originally Posted by daweiteh View Post
Dang This worked! Thanks. (I also hit the thanks button)
Works like a charm, smooth as silk.... With the M5 ROM, you have two home screens anyway, why not use them both... I use them both because the "TFDetacher Software" makes it so easy, yeah.....
Old 04-23-2009, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

ACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peener View Post
so far after a bunch of random arbitrary tests, by using wav converted files as alerts, the ringtone is ok, the text alert is ok, but the email alert doesnt go off consistently if at all after a soft reset. the messaging application still tries to open itself up after an email arrives (i use the hotmail push email with windows live). the action button will still light up, but no sound for emails
I had the same issue. Do this.
1. Open up your inbox. Then hit the OK button to minimize it.
2. Go to task manager and hit the icon that looks like a wrench.
3. Click/hold on the mail program and select add exclusive.

This will make the messaging program run all the time in the background and will prevent the "Messanging screen" bug.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development