PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: [April 21st, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
I'm not using TF3D and this has never happened to me. I even went through every single ringtone to ensure they worked. Took a while but just wanted to see if this was a flaw. Nothing here.
It's not that they don't work. It's just that occasionally they stop working and the only way to fix it is a soft reset. Like I mentioned previously, it's only the ringtones that come with the ROM that get this issue for me, not any that I have. This also happened to me on Juicy's, so it's probably something weird with 6.5. I've had it before any cab installs, as well as after.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

raziel is just getting started

Thanks for the ROM Mike! Although this isn't any of your fault, I really hate the way Windows 6.5 runs. It looks like Microsoft has taken 10 steps back from 6.1 with it's sloppy looking home screen and navigating through the program menu is a nightmare!

6.1 with TouchFlo 3D is the best interface. I'm going to play around with 6.5 for a few more days and I'll probably revert back to MightyROM 4.16 (best ROM release period). Thanks Arelas for posting up the link to the ROM! I'll be doing the same too!

visit louie tran spot! a blog for geeks by a geek
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

toology is just getting started

Strange, the arrow direction just changes and keypad stays blank, I guess I'll re-flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACoolGuy View Post
Dont know about it being a known issue but mine comes up fine. Maybe the keypad is just minimized. When you hit Keypad and it comes up blank what happens if you hit the little cell phone icon in the bottom center of the screen?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Ok So I am beside myself still trying to figure out the Taskbar issue. As I reported earlier I am using the Windows 6.5 fixed TSOwen Taskbar and the new Nuepower CDMA battery driver. These were reported by 2 others that it works for them. But they do not work for me. They cause the background of the titanium home screen to change, you have to disable Titanium and rechoose the theme or background image. Also the Notification sounds will work at first but then after getting a message or several messages the sounds die and become corrupted. Earlier the only fix was to uninstall everything and revert to stock and soft reboot. So I've been trying to find a cause since 2 others said they worked great.

Device: Verizon TP
PP: 8
No UC or sashimi used.

I flash Mighty Rom 5. Set up customizations. Soft reboot.
Clear Storage, set up customizations, reboot
Reprogram Device. Soft reboot
Activesync Device. Soft reboot
Install Tsowen Taskbar 6.5 fixed cab. reboot
Install sdkcerts
Install NuePower CDMA battery driver. reboot

All notifications appear to work fine. no problems however BAM Background imagine on the defaut Mighty Mike titanium theme is gone and is black. I disable titanium, select a new background image. All is well.

Install Verizon Arcsoft MMS
Install sms160. reboot

All notifications still appear to work.

Install titanium customizer
install chome editor beta
Install MS Voice Command. Reboot

All Notifications seem to work.
I receive a second text message.. BAM.. No sounds. Nothing. Notifications stopped working. I go into Notifications and sound files are corrupted. Reboot.

UNINSTALL MS Voice Command. reboot

Sounds are back. I thought it might have been MS Voice command. Notifications work. But read on.

Install Nuekblight. reboot

Notifications work.

Install 4 row start menu. reboot
Install Feexplorer expander
Disable Titanium and install Titanium Weather and Contacts panels. Reboot and reactivate titanium.
Install a few games to SD card.

I set up the titanium weather panel and add contacts to the contact panel. Reboot.

Upon rebooting the device STOPPED charging. Even though it was plugged in the entire time upon this last reboot it would not start charging. I go to notifications panel and BAM.. All sounds corrupted AGAIN !

For giggles I reinstall MS Voice Command. Reboot

Notifications are back to working again. The device is freaking possessed.

I check my mail. do a few regedits and reboot.

Device stopped charging again and once again Notifications stopped working. Reboot

Remove Taskbar, remove nuepower driver. Revert to stock icons and power drivers. Reboot

Not a problem since.. all notifications work. I've installed more games and software. Device charges properly. Device notifications work properly.

You guys that say it works for you are crazy.. I'm so frustrated right now.. anyone else have any ideas ? Mighty Mike what do you think ? I know you were following my issue.

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09
Old 04-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg0024 View Post
Thanks so much for the stock dialer regedit, It actually matches my them that I have loaded on my phone much better than the HTC Dialer. Now this rom is truly perfect.

Just make sure you hit the thanks button for your helpers =D>

Give some
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Crap Pro 1

fkwrig2 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusus View Post
It appears that if you try to change the ringtone/notification sounds that you will not be able to re-assign one. I keep getting the corrupt file error - I had to hard reset to get a ringtone back.

If anyone comes up with a fix to this - it would be great. Till then... Don't touch the sounds.
I had this same corrupt ringtone error message today.. on all the ringtones (custom and those included with winmo). A couple of soft resets fixed the problem.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Anybody with the "corrupt" ringtones attempt to install In Call Recording? Doing this and installing the replacement wavedev.dll will cause this repeatedly.

Also, using phoneweaver to change your audio profiles will sometimes cause this.

My solution that has worked 100% so far: Convert my ringtones, alerts, etc to WAV format, and I use alarmpal for my different sound profiles.

I was able to duplicate this on Juicy 6.5 rom and on the Copper 6.5 rom. Hope this helps someone. (This was also posted about 30 pages back)
Old 04-22-2009, 09:22 PM
cabindoor

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatstang View Post
i have only burned a rom once on my phone (4.16)
I did a back up of everything on my phone with the program that the mighty 4.16 comes with.

after burning the new rom.. can i run the back up.. or should i just do a fresh install?

thanks guys
Just run the RESTORE part of your backup program. That's what I do and it works beautifully, bro.

Art
Old 04-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Crap Pro 1

fkwrig2 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
Anybody with the "corrupt" ringtones attempt to install In Call Recording? Doing this and installing the replacement wavedev.dll will cause this repeatedly.

Also, using phoneweaver to change your audio profiles will sometimes cause this.

My solution that has worked 100% so far: Convert my ringtones, alerts, etc to WAV format, and I use alarmpal for my different sound profiles.

I was able to duplicate this on Juicy 6.5 rom and on the Copper 6.5 rom. Hope this helps someone. (This was also posted about 30 pages back)
I haven't done any of the above, and still got the corrupt ringtones message. I just copy my .mp3 ringtones over and that's it. Good thing the soft resets took care of it, though!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is there a way to make the space in between items smaller or is that the limitations of 6.5? For instance, the spacing between e-mails in the inbox or file explorer.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development