PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Back to the thread now.

Kev maybe this should be left out in future versions? Not only would it speed up the install it would free up some memory as well. Just let the user download and install if wanted? just another of my 2 cents
I was already starting to lean that way. It is huge. I think the sounds files are waaay to big. Maybe I can just compress them... hrrm. Either way the next release will have some sort of change regarding Omniano.

I was playing with building my ROM for the Diamond and Omniano was the first to go. Needless to say with the size of this ROM, it didn't go well.

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chachu is a n00b
Re: [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

I was wondering if you have a link to the google maps app that you included in your 1.5 version. I downloaded the one from the google website, and the interface is not as clean.

Also, not sure if anyone else i having this problem in 1.8, but the battery indicator is showing as drained even though the battery is full. Validated by checking in the settings.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachu View Post
Also, not sure if anyone else i having this problem in 1.8, but the battery indicator is showing as drained even though the battery is full. Validated by checking in the settings.
What did you install after you flash 1.8?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Lurker

chachu is a n00b

Didnt install anything after the flash, just restored contact etc with that PIM backup software. Just tried a hard reset as well and after the install the battery indicator is still showing as empty. Should I just do a fresh install?

--Edit
Just tried a fresh install and the battery indicator is still showing as orange as well as google maps not being present.

Last edited by chachu; 03-10-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

has anyone experienced the "white box" in the top left hand corner when going through some of the apps?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Lurker

xkiz is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

Great ROM kev =D> I just got my Touch Pro a couple of weeks ago and am new to the whole flashing thing. Did some research last night and had this ROM up and running on my TP in less than 30 minutes and it looks great. Definitely noticed performance upgrades as well. Hats off to you, sir
Old 03-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Didnt install anything after the flash, just restored contact etc with that PIM backup software. Just tried a hard reset as well and after the install the battery indicator is still showing as empty. Should I just do a fresh install?

--Edit
Just tried a fresh install and the battery indicator is still showing as orange as well as google maps not being present.
Your customizations are finishing. Do you have a verizon touch pro?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Lurker

chachu is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
Your customizations are finishing. Do you have a verizon touch pro?
Sprint Touch Pro. I waited for all customizations to complete and still the same symptoms. It's like google maps was not part of the download. Is there anyway to validate that it is part of the install package that I downloaded?

Thanks again for the help

Last edited by chachu; 03-10-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Sprint Touch Pro. I waited for all the customizations to complete and still the battery indicator was showing as orange.
I understand that you let them complete but for some reason on your phone they are not. If you don't have Google Maps and the status icons are broken then the customizations did not complete.

This sounds like a copout but I would try downloading the ROM again. Just to make sure nothing was corrupted during the d/l.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

hey Kevan.....have you experienced the white box in the top left corner issue? any way around that?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development