PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 powered by PLUTONIUM
Carrier: Sprint - SERO baby

krautdog is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 3-9-10 Twisted Goodsense LANDSCAPE!! Sense 2.5 build 21876

twisteddan just want to give you another huge thumbs-up for this ROM...I am loving it! It is nicely polished and everything just works very well. I want to ask you something - don't know if it is ROM-related, but maybe with your expertise you might know a quick fix...

I installed MaxManila which I have come to really like, and 2 g-sensor related functions don't work - muting when screen turned facedown, and locking when phone turned 180 degrees. I figured these were MaxManila issues, but now not sure because I just noticed a proximity sensor issue - the screen is not turning off when I hold the phone to my face. These just started happening after I installed Goodsense. I did a major flashdance so I'm pretty sure I have a clean install. Like I said I don't know if these are ROM-related and even if they are it's not enough for me to not totally love this ROM! Thanks for any input...mike(krautdog)
ps I use a Sprint TP
Old 03-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautdog View Post
twisteddan just want to give you another huge thumbs-up for this ROM...I am loving it! It is nicely polished and everything just works very well. I want to ask you something - don't know if it is ROM-related, but maybe with your expertise you might know a quick fix...

I installed MaxManila which I have come to really like, and 2 g-sensor related functions don't work - muting when screen turned facedown, and locking when phone turned 180 degrees. I figured these were MaxManila issues, but now not sure because I just noticed a proximity sensor issue - the screen is not turning off when I hold the phone to my face. These just started happening after I installed Goodsense. I did a major flashdance so I'm pretty sure I have a clean install. Like I said I don't know if these are ROM-related and even if they are it's not enough for me to not totally love this ROM! Thanks for any input...mike(krautdog)
ps I use a Sprint TP
Keep in mind that this is the newest sense packages and I'm not sure all of the options available in MaxManila will work.

As far as the phone canvas it is still getting ironed out a little so there may be outlining issues that still need to be cleared up.

Are the phone issues still present right after a flash without anything installed?

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
Old 03-14-2010, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thespatt is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I'd like to also add about battery life. Wow. made a few phone calls and surfed the web, phone has been unplugged for 16 hours and still at the 70% reading. Amazing.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You may also want to look at the advanced settings under phone. (Start>Settings>Personal>Phone)
Old 03-14-2010, 03:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespatt View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I'd like to also add about battery life. Wow. made a few phone calls and surfed the web, phone has been unplugged for 16 hours and still at the 70% reading. Amazing.
lol! It's almost scary. You'd think the polling isn't working properly. I can actually go outside with 50% battery and not be nervous.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thank you for the reply :^}. You know, I can't really answer that because I am not sure. I rarely hold my phone to my face as I normally use a headset. I'm sure you are right about this sense being so new - the latest Max was built for 2011 (I think) and it's really just fortunate that it functions (mostly) for 2012. Thanks again TD
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
Keep in mind that this is the newest sense packages and I'm not sure all of the options available in MaxManila will work.

As far as the phone canvas it is still getting ironed out a little so there may be outlining issues that still need to be cleared up.

Are the phone issues still present right after a flash without anything installed?
Old 03-14-2010, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Herman)
Carrier: Boost

xiton is just getting started

What is the Sprint Extras install for? I tried it but all I noticed is next boot Sense wasn't working.

Edit: Strange. I did a hard reset and installed it again. This time it seems to have worked, and everything is fine.

Last edited by xiton; 03-14-2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Change in behavior
Old 03-14-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: all of them

nextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnextpimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautdog View Post

ps I use a Sprint TP
That sounds like third party app behavior... which rom were you using?? Makes me wonder whats new in touch lock pro world. There is no proximity sensor on the tp. I've heard of software that will simulate the functionality using the light sensor (If in call and orientation portrait and x light value then screen off). Look into touchLock pro or... ?? touch in call?? I'll look it up but like i said, i'm pretty sure thats not native behavior.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hotwired34 is just getting started

I would like to comment on the battery life as well. Recently, through Advanced Config, I set the data to go off after 5 mins. Like Accessing said, I thought that the battery polling was not working! I had the phone off the charger for 4 hours and it still read 100! By the end of the day, it was at 60. This is HUGE! I love the battery life. I had gotten used keeping the phone plugged in, going from place to place with my car charger/usb charger. Now I don't have to worry!
This is great! Thanks again Twisted!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I just came from Ski-Rom's latest WM6.5/2.5 build. Thank you much, I will look into your suggestions also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextpimp View Post
That sounds like third party app behavior... which rom were you using?? Makes me wonder whats new in touch lock pro world. There is no proximity sensor on the tp. I've heard of software that will simulate the functionality using the light sensor (If in call and orientation portrait and x light value then screen off). Look into touchLock pro or... ?? touch in call?? I'll look it up but like i said, i'm pretty sure thats not native behavior.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development