PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 2-17-10 Twisted Newsense LANDSCAPE!! Sense 2.5 build 21876

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
Yeah I will definitely check out the cookie mod. I trust you so if you say it's good I will test it and if it is indeed hot..........There is no reason not to cook it in. As long as it works great and doesn't have any issues it would be a great addition!
I can see why most people like the cookie mod, but personally I prefer not to use it. If you do decide to cook it in, could you make it uninstallable?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jimbo333 is just getting started

I have been running the 12-17-10 (Awesome ROM, the best I have ever used!) release on the Verizon TP (I dropped the Pagepool to 6MB), it actually works fairly well (as long as you only open one application at a time). There are just a few things I would like to see fixed in the next release:

1) The Manilla locker seems to have been removed from the 12-17-10 (it was in the 12-10-10 Lite release). I would like to get it working again. When I install the latest CAB (RC2), I get the Weather in the middle of the clock issue a few people have reported.

2) A lite version would be nice, so my crippled Verizon model has just a little more free memory. I understand you don't have a Verizon phone to deal with, so this would have little priority. I am willing to help out with this, just let me know what I can do

Last edited by jimbo333; 03-05-2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Add the thanks line :)
Old 03-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
It's in the windows folder. Just make a shortcut to taskmgr.exe.
Aah! ok, but I don't see the need for it since there are two task managers in the start menu...
Old 03-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing View Post
Aah! ok, but I don't see the need for it since there are two task managers in the start menu...
I use it because it shows what's running but doesn't show everything that's running, like the .exe's needed for the phone and manila to operate properly. Do you see what I mean now when I say the comm manager doesn't close? Any thoughts? Thanks for any help!
Old 03-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I use it because it shows what's running but doesn't show everything that's running, like the .exe's needed for the phone and manila to operate properly. Do you see what I mean now when I say the comm manager doesn't close? Any thoughts? Thanks for any help!
Yes I do see what you mean and the answer remains the same: It is always running. If you want to stop it, then kill the process with fdc task manager. I don't think you'll be happy though... what I don't understand is why are you trying to close it?
Old 03-06-2010, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

Siq Mawsh is keeping up the good workSiq Mawsh is keeping up the good work

Searched but I couldn't find a solution. The icons when I slide on the slider are up too high?

Old 03-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siq Mawsh View Post
Searched but I couldn't find a solution. The icons when I slide on the slider are up too high?

I had that issue when I tested it with max manila or a mod with the clock array. You have to keep in mind that some of these mods and ports aren't really for our phones so some things won't work well together. Do you have the double clocks on the home page? That's what caused it for me.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

shred_head is a n00b

twisted...any idea when this new release is coming out...good lord i got spoiled by your release (in my sig)

also another bug if you could fix...

when going into a text message. and going into landscape...with keyboard out..i find that i'll have to tap once into the input box/field to type (get the cursor to flash) and will only accept sometimes 3-5 letters before the cursor goes out and my typing doesn't get put into the input box...then i have to tap a second time to do my full text

Last edited by shred_head; 03-06-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing View Post
Yes I do see what you mean and the answer remains the same: It is always running. If you want to stop it, then kill the process with fdc task manager. I don't think you'll be happy though... what I don't understand is why are you trying to close it?
Actually the comm manager is not always running. Soft reset your phone. Once Sense loads up, pull up your task manager and tell me if you see the comm manager anywhere in there. You won't because it's not running until you pull it up. Once you pull it up, the only way to close it is to kill it in the task manager. Unless you like something running all the time that sucks up a little over a meg of ram. Personally I'd rather have that ram free for something else which is why I'm posting in this thread to see if anyone knows why the comm manager doesn't close when you hit the 'X'. Thanks again!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred_head View Post
twisted...any idea when this new release is coming out...good lord i got spoiled by your release (in my sig)

also another bug if you could fix...

when going into a text message. and going into landscape...with keyboard out..i find that i'll have to tap once into the input box/field to type (get the cursor to flash) and will only accept sometimes 3-5 letters before the cursor goes out and my typing doesn't get put into the input box...then i have to tap a second time to do my full text
+1 on this bug. I also have this. My solution is to just not use it, but the only problem is it kinda negates the use of the favorite people tab. If you have someone set up to default to a text message, then it brings you to that messaging client and you have to tap in there twice during the typing of your message.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development