PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 012510 CE OS 5.2.23518 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow92bird View Post
so Im using the newest version of Ski Rom MasDusk 012510. Im having allitle issues with it And Ive tried to reflash three times and its still actting up, 1st off, the microsoft tag reader isnt working, when clicking on it it just continues to try to load and nothing happens. 2nd, Ive had the screen go crazy like times as if the screen was cracked, I guess thats the best way to explian. u can still use the phone when this happens but the screen hard to see and must soft reset to fix it. 3rd, Ive had the phone lock up 4 or 5 times while its been just sitting on my desk. like it will just freeze and a soft reset is needed. Im not sure if these problems have been reported yet but thought id share. I was running the previous version of ski with no trouble so im unsure whats up with this. but thanks for the awesome roms.
The tag reader issue has been reported and I believe ahuskins is aware.
For your other issues-
screen-could be a hardware failure, your screen could be starting to go-not uncommon with TP's or maybe...(see below)
Freezing-I know you said you "flashed 3 times" but it still sounds like a bad flash issue. Did you hard reset 3 times or actually go into bootloader 3 separate times? A hard reset of a bad flash will just re-write the files to the same "wrong" locations.
Regardless-have you tried flashing to stock ROM and back? That *should* take care of the freezing issue. If you are not familar with the stock re-flash-make sure you use a ROM that includes the radio-very often called a "shipped" stock ROM. The radio re-write is what is key in correcting the bad flash.
Good luck.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

I've been getting a popup that says "Message Delivery Failed. Or Message Receipt Failed" and the only options are try again now or try again later. I'm on the latest 2.1 SKI-ROM. Anyone else have this or know how to stop it?

Thanks-
Jason
Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

Another issue I'm having with the 012510 Sense 2.1 ROM- I keep modifying the backlight settings in the Power control panel and they keep reverting back to default? For example, I change the On Battery Power - If device not used setting to 5 minutes and it keeps changing back to 30 seconds. Anybody know what process is doing this?

Thanks again!
Jason
Old 02-05-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kkryter is a n00b

This is long overdue, but thanks a million to the creator and kind people supporting this fine ROM. I had a couple of problems with the latest 2.1 initially but after doing the full flash dance the result was well worth the time it took to get there. I've used many ROMs over the past year or so since I got my Sprint TP and some were better than others, but this one is without a doubt the best in my opinion. The battery life is great, stability is great, speed is great, asthetics are great ( though I did load up a nice translucent clock ), good software preloads and "things just work", basically every aspect that I can think of is great. Although I'm impatiently looking forward to a bigger better phone this is going to make the wait a little bit easier, so thanks again for all that you do!
Old 02-05-2010, 05:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

darknatas is just getting started

some1 send the creator a tp2 so he can start cooking on there
Old 02-05-2010, 05:51 PM
halfevildruid

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

hey everyone... love this rom... best I found yet IMO... I was using this rom and tested another for a day or two and went back to this one today. The only problem I can't seem to work out is applying my own wallpaper to the sense background. I can't seem to get it to take anything except the original or the purple one. Does it have to be a PNG? Or am I just missing something silly? Please help thanx!
Old 02-05-2010, 05:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfevildruid View Post
hey everyone... love this rom... best I found yet IMO... I was using this rom and tested another for a day or two and went back to this one today. The only problem I can't seem to work out is applying my own wallpaper to the sense background. I can't seem to get it to take anything except the original or the purple one. Does it have to be a PNG? Or am I just missing something silly? Please help thanx!
Which version of SKIROM are you on?
Old 02-05-2010, 06:15 PM
halfevildruid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Which version of SKIROM are you on?
haha sorry maxdust 012510
Old 02-05-2010, 06:17 PM
halfevildruid

Just to add... I choose menu, change wallpaper, and select between weather, animated and picture. Then I nav to my jpg I want to use, yet it doesn't change.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

That should work although you may have to cycle through the wallpaper modes in the Max settings. I always change it from the setting tab. Cycling through the Max wallpaper modes is key though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3