PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 05:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Sprint version)
Carrier: Vzw

botnryan is keeping up the good workbotnryan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 012510 CE OS 5.2.23518 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

are you actually running a Vzw TP (as in half the ram) with this rom xtreme? if so, hows it handle it? and did you have to lower the pagepool?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Waiting to upgrade until WP7 drops
Carrier: VZW

livinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by botnryan View Post
are you actually running a Vzw TP (as in half the ram) with this rom xtreme? if so, hows it handle it? and did you have to lower the pagepool?
Yeah I definately had to lower the pagepool. The first Ski-Rom releases had it set to 0, which allowed the OS to contribute as much ram as needed for the page pool, and would leave me scraping bottom on just the homescreen of manila lol. Since dropping the pagepool to 6MB I've been able to run everything pretty well with the exception of the various browsers. For them, I have a utility assigned to a hard button that allows for quick enabling/disabling of manila for that extra boost of ram.

Ski-Rom is really one of the leanest roms I've ran, comparable to the old SSK Roms back a few months ago. His roms were always ideal because he himself was a Verizon customer and knew to design with our gimped memory in mind, but they now lack all the latest additions that Ski-Rom includes. Many of the others such as Energy Rom are just too hard on my precious memory.

I had the XV6800 (Titan) with the gimped ram as well back in the day and had hoped the days of CONSTANTLY being concerned about my ram were over when I upgraded to the Touch Pro. I figured going from 64MB to 192MB ought to be a nice enough improvement and that anything more would really just be overkill. HA! Nega-TIVE! Its the same frickin story all over again but like I said, I'm making it work pretty decent with Ski-Rom. As long as I run no more than 2 apps at a time and disable manila for the browsers, I'm doin fine.

Upgrading to the TP2 was at first very tempting but I think I'll wait until the first few WP7 phones drop this fall before I burn an upgrade for memory thats only comparable to the Sprint version of the TP1.

Flash yours and see the difference.
If I've helped you in any way, Please remember to hit the Thanks button.

Last edited by livinxtreme2114; 02-12-2010 at 07:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

gorocket1981 is becoming a great contributor

Hey, the english version of voice command is already cooked in the ROM. Any idea how I could replace it with the French version?? I have the cab file for the French version but when I tried to install it over, neither the French or English version was working. Any ideas??

Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 01:01 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocket1981 View Post
Hey, the english version of voice command is already cooked in the ROM. Any idea how I could replace it with the French version?? I have the cab file for the French version but when I tried to install it over, neither the French or English version was working. Any ideas??

Thanks
Try another version.
Not every version will work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ch99tj is a n00b

Lovin these roms.
Is there any reason not to cook in lockstreamdrm or another program that will allow overdrive media console (and window player) to play drm files? Seems like the cab version found in this thread... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81705 isn't working
Old 02-12-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nvaia is keeping up the good worknvaia is keeping up the good work

Using a past version of this rom, I was able to tap the top part tof the screen and the bottom scroll bar would disappear. Now when I tap the top part of the screen, it changes the clock to different styles. How do I hide that bottom scrolling taskbar? Is that not possible anymore?
Old 02-12-2010, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(Sprint version)
Carrier: Vzw

botnryan is keeping up the good workbotnryan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinxtreme2114 View Post
Yeah I definately had to lower the pagepool. The first Ski-Rom releases had it set to 0, which allowed the OS to contribute as much ram as needed for the page pool, and would leave me scraping bottom on just the homescreen of manila lol. Since dropping the pagepool to 6MB I've been able to run everything pretty well with the exception of the various browsers. For them, I have a utility assigned to a hard button that allows for quick enabling/disabling of manila for that extra boost of ram.

Ski-Rom is really one of the leanest roms I've ran, comparable to the old SSK Roms back a few months ago. His roms were always ideal because he himself was a Verizon customer and knew to design with our gimped memory in mind, but they now lack all the latest additions that Ski-Rom includes. Many of the others such as Energy Rom are just too hard on my precious memory.

I had the XV6800 (Titan) with the gimped ram as well back in the day and had hoped the days of CONSTANTLY being concerned about my ram were over when I upgraded to the Touch Pro. I figured going from 64MB to 192MB ought to be a nice enough improvement and that anything more would really just be overkill. HA! Nega-TIVE! Its the same frickin story all over again but like I said, I'm making it work pretty decent with Ski-Rom. As long as I run no more than 2 apps at a time and disable manila for the browsers, I'm doin fine.

Upgrading to the TP2 was at first very tempting but I think I'll wait until the first few WP7 phones drop this fall before I burn an upgrade for memory thats only comparable to the Sprint version of the TP1.
thanks for that! I think im buying lunacie's Sprint Touch Pro thats on Vzw's network so maybe i wont have to worry about it, but if i end up with a vzw touch pro ill probably shoot you a few pm's to get mine running the same way, since its working for you.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch99tj View Post
Lovin these roms.
Is there any reason not to cook in lockstreamdrm or another program that will allow overdrive media console (and window player) to play drm files? Seems like the cab version found in this thread... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81705 isn't working
I'm no Chef but from what I've read it appears DRM programs break a lot of the ROM and cause lotsa headaches. Chefs tend to stay away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvaia View Post
Using a past version of this rom, I was able to tap the top part tof the screen and the bottom scroll bar would disappear. Now when I tap the top part of the screen, it changes the clock to different styles. How do I hide that bottom scrolling taskbar? Is that not possible anymore?
It sounds like you're looking for the Max Manila settings to hide the bottom row of icons. From the Home Screen scroll down and you'll see all the options. ahuskins has a link on one of the first posts to all the Max settings.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nvaia is keeping up the good worknvaia is keeping up the good work

See in the picture how the scrolling taskbar on the bottom is hidden? This is what I want to know how to do....

Old 02-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvaia View Post
See in the picture how the scrolling taskbar on the bottom is hidden? This is what I want to know how to do....

Yeah, like Winmo said, its a Max Manila setting. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100347 Here is a link to the Max Manila thread. There will be a lot of useful information for you there.

Last edited by RyanMayo; 02-12-2010 at 07:23 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3