PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 012510 CE OS 5.2.23518 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

good looking rom, when i set up my email the right side of the screen is blank where it usually has all the mail icons. a green circle with the number of new emails will pop up but i cant tell what email account it is. anyone know what the deal is
Old 02-12-2010, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO - VirusROM

SnoopDawg is keeping up the good workSnoopDawg is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinxtreme2114 View Post
Yeah I definately had to lower the pagepool. The first Ski-Rom releases had it set to 0, which allowed the OS to contribute as much ram as needed for the page pool, and would leave me scraping bottom on just the homescreen of manila lol. Since dropping the pagepool to 6MB I've been able to run everything pretty well with the exception of the various browsers. For them, I have a utility assigned to a hard button that allows for quick enabling/disabling of manila for that extra boost of ram.

Ski-Rom is really one of the leanest roms I've ran, comparable to the old SSK Roms back a few months ago. His roms were always ideal because he himself was a Verizon customer and knew to design with our gimped memory in mind, but they now lack all the latest additions that Ski-Rom includes. Many of the others such as Energy Rom are just too hard on my precious memory.

I had the XV6800 (Titan) with the gimped ram as well back in the day and had hoped the days of CONSTANTLY being concerned about my ram were over when I upgraded to the Touch Pro. I figured going from 64MB to 192MB ought to be a nice enough improvement and that anything more would really just be overkill. HA! Nega-TIVE! Its the same frickin story all over again but like I said, I'm making it work pretty decent with Ski-Rom. As long as I run no more than 2 apps at a time and disable manila for the browsers, I'm doin fine.

Upgrading to the TP2 was at first very tempting but I think I'll wait until the first few WP7 phones drop this fall before I burn an upgrade for memory thats only comparable to the Sprint version of the TP1.
I really agree with your comments..
I will agree also that the SKI in my mind has been the best of the best. I love the Energy ROMs but really can't say enough good stuff about SKI roms. I have tried almost every other TP ROM here and as I have said before, I flash more frequently than Pee Wee Herman.

However, I would probably make the jump to the HTC SuperSonic. It is starting to draw me in. The March time frame for a 1GHz processor running Eclair, HTC Sense UI, 1 GB Memory and WiMAX just seems to be too good to pass up. I use my phone 98% Internet/e-mail/txting and 2% if that for a phone. The only thing that bites is TFT rather than AMOLED which translates to less battery life.

It will be a MegaBeast. Android apps at least right now appear to look like WM2003 turds for the most part. But I believe it will be worth it.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nvaia is keeping up the good worknvaia is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
Yeah, like Winmo said, its a Max Manila setting. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100347 Here is a link to the Max Manila thread. There will be a lot of useful information for you there.

I have a touch pro 1 not 2. Sorry for the confusion, would you happen to know how to fix this for my phone?

Thanks for your help
Old 02-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvaia View Post
I have a touch pro 1 not 2. Sorry for the confusion, would you happen to know how to fix this for my phone?

Thanks for your help
The settings are the same for the TP or the TP2. There are slight differences in the features in VGA (TP) vs WVGA (TP2) resolution but you can follow most of those instructions on the TP.
Here's ahuskins post from this-TP-thread like I said earlier
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...54&postcount=3
Link at the bottom.
Let us know if you need more help.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 02-12-2010 at 10:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce

Is there a cab for HTC volume control?

SKI-ROM Sense 2.1, 123009
New Sashimi User
What I look for in a ROM: Stability, Speed, Easy To Use
Old 02-13-2010, 11:42 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
Is there a cab for HTC volume control?
HTC Volume control will not work on anything above 6.5.
So 6.5.x is a no go.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond/TP2

atrn271 is keeping up the good workatrn271 is keeping up the good work

Can anybody help me with the sip on the 2.1 ROM. I tried the MaxDusk and love the black sip with phone keypad. Been looking for awhile on how to switch out the 2.1 sip.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nvaia is keeping up the good worknvaia is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
The settings are the same for the TP or the TP2. There are slight differences in the features in VGA (TP) vs WVGA (TP2) resolution but you can follow most of those instructions on the TP.
Here's ahuskins post from this-TP-thread like I said earlier
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...54&postcount=3
Link at the bottom.
Let us know if you need more help.

Thanks for getting back to me so quick, I really do appreciate it. Looking over that thread, I don't see anything that tells me how to hide the bottom taskbar. I looked in the settings and I can find nothing. Anyone using the Max Dusk Rom on a TP 1 that knows how to lower that bottom taskbar????
Old 02-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvaia View Post
Thanks for getting back to me so quick, I really do appreciate it. Looking over that thread, I don't see anything that tells me how to hide the bottom taskbar. I looked in the settings and I can find nothing. Anyone using the Max Dusk Rom on a TP 1 that knows how to lower that bottom taskbar????
From the Home Screen slide your finger down to access the settings.
You can hide the icons by setting Tab Icons to OFF. This will enable the retractable slider.
You can hide both upper and lower taskbars by setting Full Screen to ON.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Talking Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 012510 CE OS 5.2.23518 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Hello Dk and to you too Root.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3