PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 06:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 011010 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Weird, thought the option was there to turn if off
You could try this registry setting:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings
With the value:
SMSNoSentMsg set to 1
That's how it is on 2.5.

EDIT-If your sig is correct you may want to update to the 0110 version.

EDIT2-OK, flashed the 2.1 0110 and it's killer! Always gotta recommend going with the latest and the greatest. I checked that reg value and it is the same as I posted. Sent a text and no popup.
That did the trick, thanks.

I'm seeing a serious decline in performance of the ROM. This seems to be happening to me after a month or two of usage after flashing a new ROM. It's quite disappointing, it seems like my phone just breaks down. Random lag spikes, both Opera browsers crashing, random dials, sluggish at times and processes where it hasn't been sluggish in the past, etc. I don't know why, but the stability and performance of every ROM I flash GREATLY declines after a couple months of usage.

I'm just looking for that one ROM that will stay fast and stay stable for an indefinite period of time and usage. The last one I can remember that was like that was one of the old MightyRoms. I guess I have no choice but to keep flashing.

One of my major complaints would be the compatibility and consistency, sometimes with developer apps. To explain, I'll get a text with a phone number and I want to save that number. So I click it, and it just dials it. But in other instances when clicking a number it will open up options like saving the number to contacts. So then I copy the number from the text and head over to create a new contact, but I can't paste in the HTC new contacts boxes.

Or with Opera 10 when you type text in any bar such as the URL, it is TREMENDOUSLY slow. When you type a letter it will take maybe a full second to see it on the screen. I also get errors saying I need more memory, when that's the only application open. What's even worse is the older version of Opera just straight crashes and sometimes even freezes the whole phone.

Or in SMS-Chat, the keyboard Swype doesn't work in it for me. SMS-Chat itself has also started acting up for me. Adobe Reader loads very slow every time I pan from side to side. Just so many weird issues where it seems all of these great custom things we have going on, don't want to work together. In general that is my only complaint with this phone, or these custom ROMs. I love customization, but speed and stability comes first and foremost for me. Maybe I should've bought an iPhone.

SKI-ROM Sense 2.1, 123009
New Sashimi User
What I look for in a ROM: Stability, Speed, Easy To Use

Last edited by HotSauce; 01-27-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell

kpbuton is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to kpbuton
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 012510 CE OS 5.2.23518 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Loving the newest build. Faster, better looking sms, and great overall ROM. Thanks for you great work!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 011010 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post

I'm seeing a serious decline in performance of the ROM. This seems to be happening to me after a month or two of usage after flashing a new ROM. It's quite disappointing, it seems like my phone just breaks down. Random lag spikes, both Opera browsers crashing, random dials, sluggish at times and processes where it hasn't been sluggish in the past, etc. I don't know why, but the stability and performance of every ROM I flash GREATLY declines after a couple months of usage.

I'm just looking for that one ROM that will stay fast and stay stable for an indefinite period of time and usage. The last one I can remember that was like that was one of the old MightyRoms. I guess I have no choice but to keep flashing.

One of my major complaints would be the compatibility and consistency, sometimes with developer apps. To explain, I'll get a text with a phone number and I want to save that number. So I click it, and it just dials it. But in other instances when clicking a number it will open up options like saving the number to contacts. So then I copy the number from the text and head over to create a new contact, but I can't paste in the HTC new contacts boxes.

Or with Opera 10 when you type text in any bar such as the URL, it is TREMENDOUSLY slow. When you type a letter it will take maybe a full second to see it on the screen. I also get errors saying I need more memory, when that's the only application open. What's even worse is the older version of Opera just straight crashes and sometimes even freezes the whole phone.

Or in SMS-Chat, the keyboard Swype doesn't work in it for me. SMS-Chat itself has also started acting up for me. Adobe Reader loads very slow every time I pan from side to side. Just so many weird issues where it seems all of these great custom things we have going on, don't want to work together. In general that is my only complaint with this phone, or these custom ROMs. I love customization, but speed and stability comes first and foremost for me. Maybe I should've bought an iPhone.
Wow! I don't have any of these issues. Running the latest 2.5 Standard build. What are you running? Did you flashdance?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Alltel > VWZ...Hear Me Now?

nelsont509 is just getting started
Smile Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 012510 CE OS 5.2.23518 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

===} SkI, (and testers!)------- I'm SUPER happy to report that the MMS send/receive seems to be working 100% as from an Alltel/Verizon standpoint. Great work everyone!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/EVO 4G
Carrier: The NOW Network!!

LayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LayLay

I've dl the new sense 2.1 and I'm not able to see MMS on this. Any suggestions?
" for hitting the Button!"
Old 01-27-2010, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

gorocket1981 is becoming a great contributor

Any of you know a Dual Clock mod available for Sense 2.1 VGA?? I found something on xda but it is related to the WVGA. I would like to have the dual clock setting like I can have with Max Manila.

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro; Htc Hero; Palm Pre; EVO!!!!

masterninja is just getting started

Awesome! Just to report from my end that MMS video send/receive works flawlessly. That is what I was looking forward to, the most. So impressed. Still quick and reliable. Thanks!!
-Forever thankful to those responsible-
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZELLE View Post
This message is ofr Ahuskin and Winmo (DK),

The Nanogroove is the same as Grooveshark??? Do you have to sign in for it or not???

Thanks in advance. Still playing with it.
Careful-dont play with "it" too much-you'll go blind-at least that's what I've been told
Nano rocks! Literally. It is a Grooveshark replacement as per ahuskins. Included is an unlimited 5 minute demo, you do have to sign up for it to get full access. It will work with Grooveshark and pull your playlists. Havent played-er used it to much myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred_head View Post
how do you get back the original kind of home screen on 2.5 in this rom....as well as the original 4 icon start menu...thanks....LOVE THE LANDSCAPE
Sounds like you are on Sense 2.1? Different, yet awesome animal than 2.5. MaxManilla mod is a 2.5 mod. I assume you were asking about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post

Glad that worked for you. The Opera lag is gone with the latest build-it was an issue with Beta2 vs Beta 2u. As for your other issues-dont know, I flash so much that I dont spend months on one build.
If those performance issues span multiple ROMs it could be something like file corruption on your SD card but that is a bit of a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayLay View Post
I've dl the new sense 2.1 and I'm not able to see MMS on this. Any suggestions?
Can you be more specific? Mo MMS issues here, different build but Messaging should be the same.
Can you not send/receive MMS?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/EVO 4G
Carrier: The NOW Network!!

LayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LayLay

Can you be more specific? Mo MMS issues here, different build but Messaging should be the same.
Can you not send/receive MMS?[/QUOTE]

I got a V-card sent from a friend of mines, he has an iphone. When I open the message the icon appears in the message box, so I click to open and it won't even let me view it.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

late for the party as usual...downloaded sense 2.1 last night and flashdanced while sitting in traffic this morning. you gotta love flashing from SD!! Everything looking good so far and it was worth the wait. Thanks CHEF!! (I guess i better go inside now and do some work. LOL!)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3