PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 011010 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyaCincy View Post
Hi, just downloaded this ROM. Looks good, but i can't change my weather city for some reason. On the weather screen it changes, but on the home screen it is Columbia. How can i fix that?
When you click on the clock on the Home Screen, is My Location selected?
Old 01-23-2010, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce

I have the most ANNOYING issue right now. Every time I send a text, the notification comes up that says "Message Sent". It's so weird because this notification started coming up by itself when I hadn't even changed any of the settings. Well, I don't want it, and I can't seem to turn it off. I go to the Sound Settings-> Notifications, and there is no option to turn it off. On other ROMs I've seen a drop down box for "Sending SMS" where you can turn off the "Display Notification on Screen" option, but there doesn't seem to be one on my phone.

It's annoying as hell because after I send a text the phone lags until the notification pops up.

SKI-ROM Sense 2.1, 123009
New Sashimi User
What I look for in a ROM: Stability, Speed, Easy To Use
Old 01-23-2010, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

I am having an issue with opera on the newest 2.1 build. Everytime I open opera it starts with two pages open. One which is the default google homepage that SKI had set up. The other is a completely blank page. Like I said, I am running the newest 2.1 and have not made any changes. Running it straight out the box mode because it's that good. Any ideas anyone? Thanks
Old 01-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
I have the most ANNOYING issue right now. Every time I send a text, the notification comes up that says "Message Sent". It's so weird because this notification started coming up by itself when I hadn't even changed any of the settings. Well, I don't want it, and I can't seem to turn it off. I go to the Sound Settings-> Notifications, and there is no option to turn it off. On other ROMs I've seen a drop down box for "Sending SMS" where you can turn off the "Display Notification on Screen" option, but there doesn't seem to be one on my phone.

It's annoying as hell because after I send a text the phone lags until the notification pops up.
Weird, thought the option was there to turn if off
You could try this registry setting:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings
With the value:
SMSNoSentMsg set to 1
That's how it is on 2.5.

EDIT-If your sig is correct you may want to update to the 0110 version.

EDIT2-OK, flashed the 2.1 0110 and it's killer! Always gotta recommend going with the latest and the greatest. I checked that reg value and it is the same as I posted. Sent a text and no popup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
I am having an issue with opera on the newest 2.1 build. Everytime I open opera it starts with two pages open. One which is the default google homepage that SKI had set up. The other is a completely blank page. Like I said, I am running the newest 2.1 and have not made any changes. Running it straight out the box mode because it's that good. Any ideas anyone? Thanks
There's a busted manila file in 2.1 that was creating an error. It would launch those two pages and one of them would have an error. So the files were "fixed" so at least it became functional and opened Google instead of an error.
Check my post here for more info and a cab to have a blank page open instead. You will still have two pages though, from what I remember.

EDIT-I goofed, the error was only on ONE page not two, posted below about the two page issue.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=328

Hope that helps.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 01-23-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks Winmonewbie. It's not that big a deal that it's happening. Just find it odd. I haven't tried it yet, but i wonder if using a different version of opera would help. Other than that, I will just wait patienly for the next release.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Thanks Winmonewbie. It's not that big a deal that it's happening. Just find it odd. I haven't tried it yet, but i wonder if using a different version of opera would help. Other than that, I will just wait patienly for the next release.
No problem. As I understand it, it's an issue with manila not Opera. But that explains the Google launch not the double page issue, my bad.

fyi-as I said in my edit of my last post-I flashed 2.1 to check the settings for hotsauce. So I looked at the browser.
I launch the Web browser for the first time and one page comes up. I close it and it seems to close but Opera9 is still running in the background. QuickMenu wont close it. I closed it with Task Manager but it doesnt always show there either. Very strange, but that would explain why you are seeing two pages. Hopefully ahuskins can look into the casue.
I'm on a fresh flash without any set up so I'm hard resetting to see if that fixes it.
Question-did you hard reset after your initial flash or just Flash-N-Go?

EDIT-Nope, hard reset didnt do it and stragely after setting Opera Mobile 10 as default the old error I talked about earlier is back. Only throws that error from the internet tab, launching OM10 from Start Menu is fine.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 01-23-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
No problem. As I understand it, it's an issue with manila not Opera. But that explains the Google launch not the double page issue, my bad.

fyi-as I said in my edit of my last post-I flashed 2.1 to check the settings for hotsauce. So I looked at the browser.
I launch the Web browser for the first time and one page comes up. I close it and it seems to close but Opera9 is still running in the background. QuickMenu wont close it. I closed it with Task Manager but it doesnt always show there either. Very strange, but that would explain why you are seeing two pages. Hopefully ahuskins can look into the casue.
I'm on a fresh flash without any set up so I'm hard resetting to see if that fixes it.
Question-did you hard reset after your initial flash or just Flash-N-Go?

EDIT-Nope, hard reset didnt do it and stragely after setting Opera Mobile 10 as default the old error I talked about earlier is back. Only throws that error from the internet tab, launching OM10 from Start Menu is fine.

Oh well. Like I said, it's not that big of an issue. I'm sure it will get worked out eventually. If it ever does get to me, there's always 2.5 to play with. So nice to have options.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Oh well. Like I said, it's not that big of an issue. I'm sure it will get worked out eventually. If it ever does get to me, there's always 2.5 to play with. So nice to have options.
Choice is good
Old 01-24-2010, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work

So...when using google maps, the GPS isnt working. Ive checked all my settings etc, all seem fine. So, I decide to go to m.google.com/maps and re-download the app to reinstall...and its says "we're sorry, the Google Maps application does not work on your M850".

So google thinks I have a Samsung Instinct HD?

WTF?
Old 01-24-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst View Post
So...when using google maps, the GPS isnt working. Ive checked all my settings etc, all seem fine. So, I decide to go to m.google.com/maps and re-download the app to reinstall...and its says "we're sorry, the Google Maps application does not work on your M850".

So google thinks I have a Samsung Instinct HD?

WTF?
You have to change the user agent of your browser. This is the string that works for the TP

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP

Jason

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3