PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 011010 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst View Post
So...when using google maps, the GPS isnt working. Ive checked all my settings etc, all seem fine. So, I decide to go to m.google.com/maps and re-download the app to reinstall...and its says "we're sorry, the Google Maps application does not work on your M850".

So google thinks I have a Samsung Instinct HD?

WTF?
I mentioned this issue maybe 10 pages back or so. Latest version of Google Maps, which supports syncing starred items from your computer to your WinMo device is busted on AGPS in the app. Google forums have Google employees acknowledging the bug. To get AGPS working, you'll have to go back to a version before the latest version. I'm not sure it's possible to download older versions straight from Google even if you get the user agent string working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsf View Post
You have to change the user agent of your browser. This is the string that works for the TP

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP

Jason
How come the user agent set to something else by default?
Old 01-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst View Post
So...when using google maps, the GPS isnt working. Ive checked all my settings etc, all seem fine. So, I decide to go to m.google.com/maps and re-download the app to reinstall...and its says "we're sorry, the Google Maps application does not work on your M850".

So google thinks I have a Samsung Instinct HD?

WTF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I mentioned this issue maybe 10 pages back or so. Latest version of Google Maps, which supports syncing starred items from your computer to your WinMo device is busted on AGPS in the app. Google forums have Google employees acknowledging the bug. To get AGPS working, you'll have to go back to a version before the latest version. I'm not sure it's possible to download older versions straight from Google even if you get the user agent string working.

How come the user agent set to something else by default?
GPS works fine for me within Google Maps. Like manekineko said there is an issue with My Location finding you without GPS enabled but if I go under Options and select Use GPS it finds me, even in my house. I would think that indoors, results may vary.
I've read in other threads that users had improved GPS function after flashing a new radio. If the issue just popped up I'd give it a day to see if it persists before making any changes. Good luck.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:02 PM
WAH
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

WAH is keeping up the good workWAH is keeping up the good work

whens the new joint gonna leak??
Old 01-24-2010, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor
Re: MSVoiceCommand that works!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04 View Post
Hey, here is what you need, trust me, I tried it on mine. FOR ALL THOSE OUT THERE LOOKING FOR VOICE COMMAND this is what you need. I dont take credit for this because it is not mine, I believe I got it when I was going through the ENERGY rom forum and found it there as a "TEST" Voice Command... SO FAR IT WORKS!!!

Hey, if this works for anyone else, ITS NOT MY APP, but hitting the THANKS button doesnt hurt either...
I installed it I still don't get it. During install, a quick error comes up saying "mic cannot be set/found or something because it blinks so fast, I can't read the full error. I cant find where to make changes, turn it on/off or anything. After install, I go to settings>personal> then I see the voice command icon. When I click the icon, it shows a list of items that are voice enabled, etc. There is no button that I can find to click that will turn on the small mic icon that used to appear at the top of the display indicating the voice command is on...
Old 01-24-2010, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

gorocket1981 is becoming a great contributor
Re: MSVoiceCommand that works!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz65 View Post
I installed it I still don't get it. During install, a quick error comes up saying "mic cannot be set/found or something because it blinks so fast, I can't read the full error. I cant find where to make changes, turn it on/off or anything. After install, I go to settings>personal> then I see the voice command icon. When I click the icon, it shows a list of items that are voice enabled, etc. There is no button that I can find to click that will turn on the small mic icon that used to appear at the top of the display indicating the voice command is on...
I don't think there is an icon installed by default except the one in the Settings. I think you have to map a button to launch it. That's what I did. When I long press the hardware Enter button, it launch Voice Command and I can say a command. It works perfect.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAH
whens the new joint gonna leak??
dude, you ask that every few days. we don't know. winmonewbie said a few days ago that ahuskins is testing a few things. we are all anxious for the new one...
Old 01-24-2010, 10:26 PM
WAH
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: sprint

WAH is keeping up the good workWAH is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

dude, you ask that every few days. we don't know. winmonewbie said a few days ago that ahuskins is testing a few things. we are all anxious for the new one...
wasnt necessarily asking you.
was asking the folks behind the scenes..
guess what,the world dosent revolve around you,brah..
Old 01-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Lurker
Carrier: verizon

KatyaCincy is a n00b

Yeah, i figured that out. I swithced to Cincy on the Home page, but at the weather page it returns to Columbia for some reason all the time! %)
Old 01-24-2010, 10:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Any of you guys know of a dirty rain fix for sense 2.1 the 2.5 version doesn't seem to work. thanks.

Droidrox39
Old 01-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyaCincy View Post
Yeah, i figured that out. I swithced to Cincy on the Home page, but at the weather page it returns to Columbia for some reason all the time! %)
Never heard of a different city on the Home page vs the Weather page if My Location is selected under the clock.
Regardless My Location is largely based on cell tower communication so you are apparently pinging a tower in Columbia.
My Location is a quirky program, with inconsistent results across ROMs and users.
Have you tried updating your PRL or changing your radio? Either one of those COULD improve My Location accuracy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3